Like most chowders, this one is calorie dense. I subdivided mine into 3 large serving bowls which should each serve 2-3 bowls. I stuck one in the fridge and two in the freezer. Should last me a couple of weeks as part of a salad + soup combo before dinner. You can always go light with the coconut milk or thin out with more water and cauliflower to make it less calorie dense.
I decided to add a couple of cans of sardines to boost the omega-3 content of the chowder. Clams are pretty lean. You can substitute other fish, but I prefer sardines. Low man on the food chain = low mercury.
Great source of omega-3’s, vitamin C, vitamin B12, and selenium just to name a few.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 can clams
- 2 cans sardines
- 2+ tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- fish sauce and/or salt to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- warm the coconut milk and add in the curry paste and coconut flour. stir until evenly mixed.
- drain canned clams and add. drain canned sardines, eat the bones, and then add.
- cut the cauliflower into pieces and add.
- slowly add fish sauce and/or salt and red pepper flakes until the desired flavor has been reached.
- add water until the proper consistency has been reached.