Biotest

Terminal Velocity Diet

Heres the deal,
i have been afforded the opportunity to do whatever i want for the next 6 weeks. i have complete control over my schedule. I have decided that instead of sitting around relaxing i am going to use this opportunity to drastically improve my body composition and test my mental and intestinal fortitude. my plan is to attempt a drastic body composition change. I am hoping that with my experience as a strength and conditioning coach and the wealth of information and high quality products of T-Nation to do so. I am going to use a different approach what is prescribed with the Velocity diet. I am hoping that the peri-workout nutrition protocols allow me to increase my volume and intensity while minimizing and or eliminating any muscle loss, while maximizing fat loss.
3 times a week i am going to use a variation of Bulgarian Complex that Thibs came up with tailored to lactic acid production and fat loss, along with upper body antagonistic pairings. i am also going to split my workouts into 2 sessions 3 times a week. to manage and help augment my recovery i am going to be getting soft tissue work done twice a week as well as using eccentric-less training methods as active recovery and to increase my training volume. I will also be using the Semi-fasted morning cardio on days in which i don’t train twice, and NEPA walks every evening, walking my dog mostly. On days when i feel up to it, i may add in some strongman or short sprint sessions.

Velocity Diet with 6 Pulse fast(Sunday and Wednesday) in 21days followed by 7 day velocity diet followed by 2 week transition period
Training
Sunday(pulse)-Neural Drive training
Monday
AM.
Variation of Bulgarian Strength Complex for Fat Loss(unilateral Based)(thanks Thibs)
PM.
2-3 Upper-body Pairing and lower body corrective exercises/fillers
Tuesday
AM.
upper body corrective/Posture work+ Sprinting/Strong Man
Wednesday(pulse)- Neural Drive training
Thursday-
A.M.
Variation of Bulgarian Strength Complex for Fat Loss(Dead lift Based)
P.M. 2-3 pairing upper-body pairs+ Lower body Mobility exercises
Friday-Active Recovery(sled work)
Saturday(cheat Day)
AM.
Bulgarian Complex for power(Squat Based)

PM.
3 Upper-body Pairing higher Volume
Mirror muscles(15 minutes)

Velocity Diet with 6 Pulse fast(Sunday and Wednesday) in 21days followed by 7 day velocity diet followed by 2 week transition period
Training
Sunday(pulse)-Neural Drive training
Monday
AM.
Variation of Bulgarian Strength Complex for Fat Loss(unilateral Based)(thanks Thibs)
PM.
2-3 Upper-body Pairing and lower body corrective exercises/fillers
Tuesday
AM.
upper body corrective/Posture work+ Sprinting/Strong Man
Wednesday(pulse)- Neural Drive training
Thursday-
A.M.
Variation of Bulgarian Strength Complex for Fat Loss(Dead lift Based)
P.M. 2-3 pairing upper-body pairs+ Lower body Mobility exercises
Friday-Active Recovery(sled work)
Saturday(cheat Day)
AM.
Bulgarian Complex for power(Squat Based)

PM.
3 Upper-body Pairing higher Volume
Mirror muscles(15 minutes)

It’s unbelievable to me how many people get on here and say,

"I’m going to do the V-Diet…

Here’s my plan (which is NOT the V-Diet).

Mike Boyle has a good line about just following the recipe until you’re qualified to tweak it-

but you’re not qualified until you’ve followed the protocol as it’s laid out.

I would think as a “scientist” you would want to limit your variables to one.

If you add a bunch of your genius ideas to it, then how do you know what worked?

If you really want to learn something the TRY ONE THING, and make your observations.

If you don’t like it, then try ONE of the other things, one at a time.

Jesus, just do the diet, and the exercises that they’ve laid out.

I’m sure you’ll do the advanced.

If after doing it for two weeks you feel you still need all this extra crap, then feel free to tweak away.

My $100 says you won’t want to.

Sorry I’m such a prick, but the thing works just fine as it is.

ive done the V-Diet, tough guy

further more they actually recommend using neural drive training as well as training twice a day method when using the pulse fast system, all i did was take the twice a day training and instead of 2 total body sessions changed it to a upper lower split to take advantage of the lactic acid inducing effects of a Complex then hopefully use the anabolic cascade induced from the 2nd session to help jump start the recovery from the first session. By the way i am a strength and conditioning coach, there isn’t just a take everything i know and throw it in a pot sort of thing. I have a fairly high work capacity, and thrive on high frequency training.

Also i know i personally respond very well to lactic acid inducing workouts. furthermore one of the most common things thibs and a lot of the contributers on this site is that they are striving to teach the concept of training. Thus allowing individuals to apply and adjust the training concepts or theories to individual cases. So you keep taking the fish they give you, ill be at the river fishing for myself.

The Terminal Velocity Diet, eh?

I too thrive on high frequency training and respond well to lactic-inducing workouts. This is my first V-Diet and my fat loss seems to have stalled on the second week. I also took creatine, so I am sure I have some added water weight (3-5 lb.)

I wanted to do the Pulse Fast for sure after the V-Diet, or I may start it during the V-Diet on the 4th or 5th week. I just started week 3. I increased my NEPA to 1 hour every morning on an empty stomach. I am on the Advanced workout and I find that workouts 1 and 3 very easy, whereas workouts 2 and 4 are very hard. Workouts 2 and 4 are higher frequency. The V-Diet is a reduced calorie diet, so I thought that working out any extra would probably overwork the muscles and they wouldnt be able to recover. My legs were sore week 1 but on week 2 I was not sore anywhere. Week 3 is even easier.

Any suggestions on how to tweak this diet to take on its full potential?

My goal is single digit body fat. My blog can be found here:
http://velocity.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_logs/a_new_way_of_living_the_velocity_diet_30?id=4312291&pageNo=0