Biotest

Tammy Taking the Plunge

Ok so, I’m sitting around at home with the dog going up the walls cos he hasn’t been walked yet- because I am NOT leaving the house until the FedEx man brings me my V-Diet! I’m in the UK and so I’ve had the agonising wait for my package to get through customs etc etc- watching it crawling across the US has been painful, and I did do a little happy dance ‘Wooo it’s in Indiannapolis!’… Yup it got that bad. Anyway, it’s out for delivery today, and I’m not moving.

I guess I should bore people with a little background about me. Up until maybe as little as 4 weeks ago, I was an unhappy unbouncy skinny-fat cardiobunny. I’d also recently moved in with my powerlifting hunk of a man. Me lifting weights? Not a chance. I’d turn into a man. I wanted to look like Cheryl Tweedy ne Cole, and I was fairly sure the way to do that was to eat under 700kcal a day and do stupid amounts of cardio.

Except, I hate cardio. With a passion. I have the attention span of a retarded chicken, and was bored and dying for a ciggie after jogging down the length of the driveway. So basically, I ate hardly anything. And yet, while I’m not overweight, I’m not exactly slim (I’ll post some pictures of my less-than-minxy body soon). My metabolism had slowed to a crawl. I had no energy. But would I listen to my man? Nuh uh. Men are always wrong, dontcherknow.

I still went with him to the gym a few times, even lifted some heavy things. And it was cool to spend time with him, but I really wasn’t feeling it. Until I deadlifted. And then I was addicted.

And then I was shown some photos of Jelena Abbou and other figure models/athletes. And Cheryl suddenly looked like a boyish brittle twig next to those feminine but athletic curves. Sod it. I want to look like that.

I took the plunge and locked myself into a ridiculous gym membership contract and I’ve actually been going 5 times a week :S and enjoying it! I have tonnes more energy and a sense of achievement. And I’m not hungry any more- I even eat breakfast, something I hadn’t done more than a dozen times in a year. I feel healthier.

Then the V-Diet was suggested. I’ve done liquid diets before- the notorious Cambridge diet (3 shakes/soups a day and under 400kcal)- so it’s not that daunting. But it is extremely exciting. This is my kick start. I haven’t decided how far I want to take this yet- if I want to just be lean or if I want to compete, but this is going to set me up now for life. I can’t freaking wait.

Hurry up Mr. FedEx!!!

So I’ve got my man helping me in the gym with training, and I’ve got my Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Cooper, helping me with my NEPA. Diet starts next week Friday, until then I’m acclimatising to HOT-ROX (those are an odd experience) and keeping up with the gym to keep my metabolism up. I’m so excited I could go pop!

Poor Coops is going to have to wait a little longer for walkies…

Good luck with it and keeps us posted.

On a side note beautiful Staffie you have, I have two myself, my secodn and thrid of the breed and I love them!!

Love your writing style, and I’m looking forward to watching your progress on the V-Diet and beyond!

[quote]IPB wrote:
Good luck with it and keeps us posted.

On a side note beautiful Staffie you have, I have two myself, my secodn and thrid of the breed and I love them!![/quote]

Staffies are the bestest- Cooper is my first but I work at the PDSA and so I’ve had a lot of contact with the breed over the past few years.

It’s here!!! And we just spent the last hour trying to fit it all into our tiny weenie kitchen, with just enough space left over for when Naify’s diet arrives on Monday.

We’re pushing the start date forward to Wednesday as well. Far too excited to wait until Friday, especially now it’s all here!

The flaxseed arrived yesterday and the complete twerps sent us whole rather than milled, so I had to go to Marks and Spencers yesterday to buy a coffee mill. We want the one to match the coffee/espresso machine we have, but no store outside of London stocks it so I had to order it in and it won’t arrive until Thursday so we’ve had to buy an extra pack of ready milled stuff too. Anyway, the point of this story is I ended up buying M&S mini double chocolate muffins.

Anyone who has not consumed an M&S mini double chocolate muffin will not understand, but I ate 6. And then this morning we went out for breakfast and had eggs benedict. And tomorrow we’re driving over an hour down to Exeter to get the best eggs benedict in the west country. Yup, yup, give me that look. One last splurge before a month of practically only liquids, and then after that, apparently, no longer craving things like muffins.

Then again, I was just out walking the muscle pup- and he is, I wish I had those Aussie grand champ genetics of his- thinking, why am I concentrating on all the things I’m going to lose out on while on this diet?

The past 12 months for me has been a series of giving up bad habits. Last November I gave up the love of my life- smoking. In January I gave up drinking, and the most useless sack of water ever held up by a rigid calcium structure aka my ex Dickhead. In April I gave up smoking again. Loss, loss and mourning.

Really I should be celebrating all these things. Celebrating my clean lungs, being able to chase Coops around up and down hills, waking up every morning with (relative- I’m not a morning person) clarity and being with someone who’s supportive.

So rather than focus on all the things I’m losing with the V-diet, what about all the things I will gain? A firm body, wearing whatever clothes I want and not worrying about jiggle, strength and muscle, an athletic feminine physique and, what is really important to me personally, a sense of achieving something- finishing what I’ve started.

That’s worth a million M&S mini double chocolate muffins any day.

[the most useless sack of water ever held up by a rigid calcium structure …]
LOVE THIS! L

[Really I should be celebrating all these things. Celebrating my clean lungs, being able to chase Coops around up and down hills, waking up every morning with (relative- I’m not a morning person) clarity and being with someone who’s supportive.

So rather than focus on all the things I’m losing with the V-diet, what about all the things I will gain? A firm body, wearing whatever clothes I want and not worrying about jiggle, strength and muscle, an athletic feminine physique and, what is really important to me personally, a sense of achieving something- finishing what I’ve started.

That’s worth a million M&S mini double chocolate muffins any day.]

That’s the spirit!!

Chris, what effect would the fat loss of the Vdiet have on someonw who’s undergone liposuction? Does the fat loss occur the same way as with someone who has not had lipo?

[quote]'nuffsaid wrote:
Chris, what effect would the fat loss of the Vdiet have on someonw who’s undergone liposuction? Does the fat loss occur the same way as with someone who has not had lipo?[/quote]

I think this could be tricky from an aesthetic standpoint. I don’t think it’s the removal of fat cells that could be a potential issue, but rather the loose skin issues that come with any type of drastic fat loss. (Actually , it’s weight GAIN that causes damaged skin, not weight LOSS, but I digress.)

But really, there’s never a reason to keep excess fat, so even if the visual results is somewhat skewed (and it may not be) by previous lipo, fat loss should still be a priority.

Here we are. Choking down my first shake- and quite glad I’ve been getting used to eating more over the last few weeks. If I’d had to down one of these from a standing start of eating half an apple a day, I’d be screwed.

I’m already thinking fondly of my Last Supper yesterday- a bison burger. But hey, strawberry Metabolic Drive is just as good. Honestly. The flax seed TOTALLY makes it.

I’ve taken some photos and some measurements. I’ll update these on here weekly, but I’m recording them daily and sticking them on a spreadsheet because yes, I am just THAT cool.

So, basic measurements because I’m not going to bore people with a long list of my stats and hopefully the piccies will say far more:
Weight: 138.3lbs (62.7kg)
Upper arms: 10.5" (26.7cm)
Chest: 32.5" (82.6cm)
Waist: 27.5" (69.9cm)
Hips: 29.5" (100.4cm)
Thighs: 22.5" (57.2cm)

I haven’t transferred the pics from my camera to the laptop yet, so there’s a piccy of the arrival of the v-diet and my baby boy instead- he’s way prettier anyway :slight_smile:

Here we are. Choking down my first shake- and quite glad I’ve been getting used to eating more over the last few weeks. If I’d had to down one of these from a standing start of eating half an apple a day, I’d be screwed.

I’m already thinking fondly of my Last Supper yesterday- a bison burger. But hey, strawberry Metabolic Drive is just as good. Honestly. The flax seed TOTALLY makes it.

I’ve taken some photos and some measurements. I’ll update these on here weekly, but I’m recording them daily and sticking them on a spreadsheet because yes, I am just THAT cool.

So, basic measurements because I’m not going to bore people with a long list of my stats and hopefully the piccies will say far more:
Weight: 138.3lbs (62.7kg)
Upper arms: 10.5" (26.7cm)
Chest: 32.5" (82.6cm)
Waist: 27.5" (69.9cm)
Hips: 29.5" (100.4cm)
Thighs: 22.5" (57.2cm)

I haven’t transferred the pics from my camera to the laptop yet, so there’s a piccy of the arrival of the v-diet and my baby boy instead- he’s way prettier anyway :slight_smile:

(edited to add: sorry for the double post- I forgot to attach the piccies to the first one cos I is well clever innit)

Shake number 3 and I’m already gasping for something savoury- everything tastes so nauseatingly sweet :frowning:

On the upside, I’ve already done 55mins of NEPA today (having a dog makes NEPA easy!) and destroyed myself at the gym and I’m feeling physically really strong- and buzzing on HOT-ROX :smiley:

Keep up the good work Tammy. Best of luck to you!

As you can seen, I’ve finally uploaded some pics of my pasty jiggly self- sorry about the poor quality, my camera is having a Senior Moment so I’ve had to use the blackberry instead. And sorry about the pastiness. I did spend a week in Antigua at the beginning of July but I just don’t tan.

I had my final shake last night when I got in from work and decided not to blend the peanut butter in with the shake. Instead, I ate 33g of peanut butter from a little pot with a spoon (I have previously been known to eat peanut butter straight from the jar with a spoon. Also nutella. Once marmalade. But not pickled onions. You need a fork for those squirmy buggers). It was the best tasting peanut butter I have ever had, and it made the rest of the day worthwhile.

I have a lot of free time on my hands. I didn’t realise how much time I spent cooking and washing up. I’ve started re-reading pharmacology notes for when I go back to uni in October and I’m even thinking about hoovering behind the sofa, depending on how brave I feel.

Waiting on Royal Mail as well today. Finally getting an MP3 player. I know, but I’m a technophobe ok? Plus I refuse to submit to the 21st century iTyranny- you’ll never see me with lil white headphones, no way. Sure, it’s partly because my ears are a funny shape and lil headphones fall out all the time so I have to have the uber cool ones which clip over my ears, but it’s MOSTLY because iStuff is bollocks.

Naify’s iPhone synched with his laptop and deleted all his iTunes including the ones he had purchased and now he can’t get them back. That’s iBalls if you ask me.

But I digress…

Diet is going well, I freaking hate flaxseed already, and look forward to beating myself up at the gym.

Ciao for now!

mwah

Edited to add: My MP3 player has arrived! If anyone can recommend some good angry gym music that they love, that’d be fab :slight_smile:

Good work so far. After the first few days of “adjustment” it gets easier with the shakes. Right now I’m on day 17 and just coasting! I think you’re going to see some tremendous results if you stick to it. You look like you’re already pretty fit, so once your done your boyfriend will ahve to keep you under wraps!

What is your rib piece? Can’t make it out in the pic.

[quote]Tammy88 wrote:
As you can seen, I’ve finally uploaded some pics of my pasty jiggly self- sorry about the poor quality, my camera is having a Senior Moment so I’ve had to use the blackberry instead. And sorry about the pastiness. I did spend a week in Antigua at the beginning of July but I just don’t tan.

I had my final shake last night when I got in from work and decided not to blend the peanut butter in with the shake. Instead, I ate 33g of peanut butter from a little pot with a spoon (I have previously been known to eat peanut butter straight from the jar with a spoon. Also nutella. Once marmalade. But not pickled onions. You need a fork for those squirmy buggers). It was the best tasting peanut butter I have ever had, and it made the rest of the day worthwhile.

I have a lot of free time on my hands. I didn’t realise how much time I spent cooking and washing up. I’ve started re-reading pharmacology notes for when I go back to uni in October and I’m even thinking about hoovering behind the sofa, depending on how brave I feel.

Waiting on Royal Mail as well today. Finally getting an MP3 player. I know, but I’m a technophobe ok? Plus I refuse to submit to the 21st century iTyranny- you’ll never see me with lil white headphones, no way. Sure, it’s partly because my ears are a funny shape and lil headphones fall out all the time so I have to have the uber cool ones which clip over my ears, but it’s MOSTLY because iStuff is bollocks.

Naify’s iPhone synched with his laptop and deleted all his iTunes including the ones he had purchased and now he can’t get them back. That’s iBalls if you ask me.

But I digress…

Diet is going well, I freaking hate flaxseed already, and look forward to beating myself up at the gym.

Ciao for now!

mwah

Edited to add: My MP3 player has arrived! If anyone can recommend some good angry gym music that they love, that’d be fab :)[/quote]

Clutch Electric Worry. Great punchy blues :slight_smile:

Chris, please feel free to digress in your posts, to me at leat. I always learn something!!

[quote]IPB wrote:
Good work so far. After the first few days of “adjustment” it gets easier with the shakes. Right now I’m on day 17 and just coasting! I think you’re going to see some tremendous results if you stick to it. You look like you’re already pretty fit, so once your done your boyfriend will ahve to keep you under wraps!

What is your rib piece? Can’t make it out in the pic. [/quote]

My rib piece is a red gun on black roses, hold on, I’ll find a piccy…

Nice.

I finished my rib piece just before summer. Next is a half sleeve on my right arm. I plan on starting in October.

[quote]IPB wrote:
Nice.

I finished my rib piece just before summer. Next is a half sleeve on my right arm. I plan on starting in October.[/quote]

Wicked, what have you had done and what are you getting done?

I haven’t had anything new for over 18 months now, haven’t had the spare cash :frowning: But I’ve got a few more pieces I want done.

The rib piece is a koi, traditional in a traditional Japanese style. The half sleeve will probably something along the same genre samurai mask or some such thing. I’m still working through the details.

Here is the rib piece as of this morning after my workout, which was awesome by the way!

[quote]IPB wrote:
The rib piece is a koi, traditional in a traditional Japanese style. The half sleeve will probably something along the same genre samurai mask or some such thing. I’m still working through the details.

Here is the rib piece as of this morning after my workout, which was awesome by the way!

[/quote]

That is a gorgeous tat!

I had a really awful day yesterday. I just about managed 3 shakes and some peanut butter. I had the shakes, headache, visual disturbances, fever- I didn’t even make it all the way through training and ended up coming home an hour early from work. I felt like death warmed up.

I’m feeling much better today though, breakfast and shake 2 went down well.

Today is my day off, so I treated myself to a well earned bath. It was wonderful, until I decided to try my new epilator. Bad plan. Those things are like little modern torture devices! Plus I only got one leg done up to the knee and then the battery ran out! :-@ So I had a little bit of a tantrum.

I’m just really trying to distract myself from thinking about food. It’s still kinda hard but I’m sure it’ll get easier.