Biotest

Taking Indigo-3G After Waking

I started training in the mornings after I wake up due to my new class schedule. I take I-3G first thing with water, then 30 minutes later I’m usually at the gym now and then I take my preworkout supplements, which are Brain Candy and Carbolin 19 followed by Plazma. Is this ok?

I just read that I-3G has a 6-hour window so I’m assuming so now.
Basically I’m just wondering if being in a somewhat fasted state prior to taking a dose of I-3G has an effect or not.

I train in the morning and start the day with Indigo 3G…Brain Candy…and then start sipping on Plazma or SWF. Works well for me

Sounds like we have the same routine. I don’t think I’ll purchase the Carbolin 19 again. I wanna focus on Plazma and Indigo-3G. But I think I’ll use MAG-10 as my only protein supplement.
Also, I follow the 5-2 fat loss strategy, so on tuesday and thursday, which are non-lifting days, I only take in 800 calories and it’s mostly from protein and fats. My first thought is to skip the dose of Indigo-3G on those days since carb-intake is basically non-existent. Any thoughts on that method?

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/b/1/b1aa9_ORIG-Indigo3gLabelUse.jpg

[quote]tonylasarte wrote:
I take I-3G first thing with water, then 30 minutes later I’m usually at the gym now and then I take my preworkout supplements, which are Brain Candy and Carbolin 19 followed by Plazma. Is this ok?
[…]
Basically I’m just wondering if being in a somewhat fasted state prior to taking a dose of I-3G has an effect or not. [/quote]
Sounds like you’re following the recommended label use, so, yep, that’s a good idea.

From the 5/2 article:
"Are there any supplements that would help with the 5/2 Fat-Loss Diet for Lifters?

Absolutely. Follow a workout nutrition plan (Plazma or Surge), protein pulse as prescribed, and use Indigo-3G® to further improve insulin sensitivity and help fat cells purge fat."

So I’d keep using the Indigo on your fasting days, before one of the meals. It may work “best” before higher carb meals, but you can still get some nutrient partitioning effects, as well as general health benefits, from a full dose on those days.