Biotest

Tabula Rasa, I Hope

Like Shugart says you have to be a little angry to do this diet, and that’s what brought me here. After years of start-stops, or putting off training in favor of spending more time at the job to get ahead, more time in school to get that degree, for relationships to ease out, I’ve realized that the perfect tomorrow never comes.

So I am putting health and training on number 1 priority and I am starting the V-Diet today. Body is a wreck so I am doing this to get to some reasonable body composition and start a strength program from there. Hence the ‘tabula rasa’ thread title, let’s see if I can make this body a blank slate to start a growth program from.

Weight: 225lbs
Height: 5’8"
BF%: 33 (yup, a squat cream puff here)
Other measurements: Will get to when I get home.

Day 1:
non-work out day.

Took HOT-ROX this morning and had my first shake.

It’s about two hours since I took one capsule of HOT-ROX; haven’t felt any weirdness, so hopefully I have a tolerance for it.

Breakfast shake is proving hard to keep down, feeling nauseated. Probably because I usually don’t have breakfast till two hours after I wake up and today I had it right away. That is going to take getting used to. It was hard even swallowing Flameout cap after that because I felt like I couldn’t drink even one more sip of liquid.

I read some other threads on here and was inspired and impressed with how much support you guys and gals give. So I am going to follow the advice and post this log.

Going to search for this on the forums but one ‘scoop’ equals roughly two table-spoons right?

[quote]Haaz wrote:
Going to search for this on the forums but one ‘scoop’ equals roughly two table-spoons right?
[/quote]

Never mind the above^. Found the scoop in the bottle when I went to make the second shake of the day. Haha. Ahem - ignore the newbie.

In other news the nausea passed after 2.5 hours.

That’s too funny, the scoop thing. Welcome! you know I had nausea the very first day and I used to get this whenever I started anything with DHA, so that very first day I had it too, but then never had it again.

Good luck! Look forward to your further posts! I’m logging on here as the 32 yr old female.

[quote]djt3627 wrote:
That’s too funny, the scoop thing. Welcome! you know I had nausea the very first day and I used to get this whenever I started anything with DHA, so that very first day I had it too, but then never had it again.

Good luck! Look forward to your further posts! I’m logging on here as the 32 yr old female. [/quote]

Thanks for the welcome, I will definitely check out your log. Good to know about DHA because I had nausea again midday but it passed. I am dreading the last meal of the day because I am not used to eating right before bed, and the timing of the meal just works out that way. I hope I get over the nausea like you did.

See you on the board!

P.s. Posting from iPad with the awful autocorrect, So excuse any nonsense.

Hey are you taking the Flameout with your shake? And are you using the flax?

[quote]djt3627 wrote:
Hey are you taking the Flameout with your shake? And are you using the flax?[/quote]

I am taking Flameout but I didn’t get a chance to get flax. I will pick it up tomorrow.

Just went for a walk after dinner because I feel like I need to digest it fast, otherwise I won’t be hungry for pre-bedtime meal. Ended up sweating because I broke into a jog in the middle (dangers of having an iPod with music that gets you going).

There’s kababs and cheddar bread for dinner at home - odd combo but very tempting. I stayed strong and had my strawberry shake instead. :smiley:

2nd Day of Diet; Workout Day 1

I woke up 2 hours before my usual time so I could change and be ready to hit the gym. Workout wasn’t bad and went surprisingly fast. I definitely both underestimated my strength and overestimated it on different exercises, hopefully all that gets resolved after the first week of workouts. Heart-rate was jacked during the second half of the workout. Don’t know if that was because I was working especially hard or just the HOT-ROX reaction.

Having the breakfast shake so close to workout and then having surge right after was hella difficult. Chris S. has given me some ideas on how to make that easier, and I am excited to try that on Workout Day 2 which will be this Sunday.

Had a Banana Cream shake with flax just now for lunch. It was really good, sort of like walnut and banana bread without the bread, etc. Or maybe I am going in lala land already from the shakes, haha. Doubt it, feeling full and pretty amped for the rest of the day and diet.

3rd day.

Slept in and it was glorious. I weighed myself this morning even though I know it’s too soon: down 4 pounds. Probably is natural swing in the body weight. It’s encouraging nonetheless. I need to find my tape measure and take the other measurements asap.

Still having a tough time getting through all the meals. I never ate this frequently in a day before, and I feel not as much either.

After my post yesterday the day got progressively worse because of nausea. I am going to look at labels for all these supplements and see if I can narrow down a culprit. I feel as if I am nauseated because I am overeating, but I know intellectually that total calories on this diet are very low.

In conclusion: stupid body, work with me!

I wish I knew what to tell you, are you mixing the shakes too thick because I can’t stand any of these too thick they have to be pretty liquidy for me. Also any one of the supplement pills will kind of make me queasy if taken before or in between on an empty stomach so I take them as I’m drinking my shake. I don’t know if you are taking HOT-ROX but if you are on an empty stomach and you are not used to it, it can really make you queasy, I’m used to drinking alot of strong coffee so the HOT-ROX (1 pill) I can do on an empty stomach, but I did try two and I got sick starting dry heaving, so on certain days I will take 2 pills at a time but only with a shake then it doesn’t do this to me. I don’t know just some of my own thoughts, I hope this gets better for you.

[quote]djt3627 wrote:
I wish I knew what to tell you, are you mixing the shakes too thick because I can’t stand any of these too thick they have to be pretty liquidy for me. Also any one of the supplement pills will kind of make me queasy if taken before or in between on an empty stomach so I take them as I’m drinking my shake. I don’t know if you are taking HOT-ROX but if you are on an empty stomach and you are not used to it, it can really make you queasy, I’m used to drinking alot of strong coffee so the HOT-ROX (1 pill) I can do on an empty stomach, but I did try two and I got sick starting dry heaving, so on certain days I will take 2 pills at a time but only with a shake then it doesn’t do this to me. I don’t know just some of my own thoughts, I hope this gets better for you.[/quote]

Thanks djt.

So far I have been taking HOT-ROX with a ton of water, otherwise it does make me a little uncomfortable. I think I will try your trick and take it with a shake. By the way, taking all supplements that are on the V-Diet.

All of my shakes have been super liquidy, in fact, some folks over at ‘Ask Chris’ section have suggested dropping the water content. I will try that tomorrow and see if that helps me.