Biotest

T-FireMan's V-Diet

Well, I have been away for a good while now, and in my absence my body has drastically changed for the worse. I have come to a point where I hate what I see in the mirror and it’s time to do something about it. I have no clue where my strength is at, it’s been that long since I’ve been in the gym, and my flexibility is embarrassing to even speak of. I’m at a point where I feel like a total beginner.

This is the worst shape I have ever been in my entire life since beginning to play sports in high school. It’s amazing what growing up and a career and wife and kid can do to you. I’m not making excuses, shit happens, and this is all my fault and my own doing, but I’ve had enough. I just placed my order for the needed supplements and now I’m just debating whether to enjoy Xmas and New Years Eve or start as soon as my goodies arrive.

As much as it will pain me to do so, I will get some before pictures and measurements up shortly. I was pondering starting a regular beginners lifting program again, but right now my focus is on shedding all the extra weight I’m carrying around. I’m 5’10-5’11 and weigh 235lbs right now, but my body composition is not what it was years ago when I weighed this much, lol.

So hopefully there will be some support here, as I have always been use to lifting to grow and eating to go along with that. So soon my V-Diet Journey will begin. My goal is to get back into to shape before my 30th B-Day in March, and to be in the best shape of my life by the end of 2010 as a 30 year old.

Thanks for your time.

Welcome aboard!!! I’d say enjoy xmas and new years for two reasons. One, not sure of your plans, but just relax and enjoy the family instead of being an ‘outcast’ by having a meal plan in place. And two in the new year you always start with a extra strong resolve plus the social events will be at a minimum so there is less temptation.

I am on day 9, just get through the first week and you’ll be money.

Good luck.

[quote]b33fcake wrote:
Welcome aboard!!! I’d say enjoy xmas and new years for two reasons. One, not sure of your plans, but just relax and enjoy the family instead of being an ‘outcast’ by having a meal plan in place. And two in the new year you always start with a extra strong resolve plus the social events will be at a minimum so there is less temptation.

I am on day 9, just get through the first week and you’ll be money.

Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement brother. Yeah the first Monday of the new year is the 4th, we’ll see what happens, depends when my supplements arrive also. But I am leaning towards enjoying the holidays and then getting started, we’ll see.

I’ll keep you posted, and good luck with your V-Diet as well.

Hi TF,
Glad to have ya onboard :wink:
I’m on Day 19 of the diet. All I can say: dont think to much of it. Just drink the shakes…that’s all there is to it. Some minor inconveniences (headache, less energy) but they subside in the first few days.

For the holidays…well…depend on the type of person that you are. But for me, I had to do it right now, or I’d loose courage. Also: I’m sure the holidays would set me back another 5-6 pounds or so… And besides all that…for me it’s a good boost of my self esteem making it through christmas and ny eve…

So for you…whatever feels good for YOU I’d say…

Be looking forward to your updates!
-Naga-

[quote]naga wrote:
Hi TF,
Glad to have ya onboard :wink:
I’m on Day 19 of the diet. All I can say: dont think to much of it. Just drink the shakes…that’s all there is to it. Some minor inconveniences (headache, less energy) but they subside in the first few days.

For the holidays…well…depend on the type of person that you are. But for me, I had to do it right now, or I’d loose courage. Also: I’m sure the holidays would set me back another 5-6 pounds or so… And besides all that…for me it’s a good boost of my self esteem making it through christmas and ny eve…

So for you…whatever feels good for YOU I’d say…

Be looking forward to your updates!
-Naga- [/quote]

Thanks brother, according to the tracking info from FedEx the supplements will be here on the 30th of December, so I guess Monday the 4th of Jan will be day one since the program runs off of a M-W-F or T-Th-Sat routine.

Can’t wait until I’m on day 19, good luck and congrats on your progress thus far.

Happy Holidays.

Well me, wife, & daughter have all been sick for a week now, lol. Of course this happens as I’m all pumped and ready to start a new diet and training routine. My supplements all came in and I’m planning on starting on the 4th, just not sure about the cold. Need to see if I should wait it out another week to let this thing pass or just go ahead and get started.

Well the cold turned into a VERY bad sinus infection which spread to my jaw, so I’ve been on meds all week. Just cut off the pain killers a few days ago. I’m gonna get going tomorrow. All that remains is a stuffy nose, but I’m sure I will be fine. I will get my before pictures up in the AM sometime.

Having issues posting pics…

Here’s a link with the album and my pics, can’t get them to come up right here from my computer, when I link them from the pc they show up rotated but on my pc they’re not.

http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k366/ffgabe/V%20Diet/

Well day 1 wasn’t too bad food wise, although the 24 ounce shakes are a bear to take down. I was not feeling hungry at all yesterday, on the contrary I had to force down a few of the shakes as I just wasn’t hungry. Quite the opposite of what I thought was going to happen. The work out yesterday flat out kicked my ass. I thought I was going to hurl a couple of times. I haven’t worked out in over a year and the weight and exercises isn’t the kicker it’s the 45 second rest between sets. Trying to gauge what weight to use is tricky but hopefully after this week I’ll have a better idea on that, it’s to be expected especially since I haven’t worked out in so long that there will be a feeling out period here in week 1 with weight selection. My knees and elbows are killing me, a lot of pain in all joints today and the cold weather here as of late is not helping. Yes it’s in the 40’s in FL, lol.

So here’s how yesterday’s workout went:

I did a warm up on the treadmill at an incline for 5 minutes and then stretched for 5 minutes, standard procedure for me always at the gym, some old habits are hard to break.

A- DB Squat- 70lbs/20X’s; 70lbs/5X’s; 70lbs/5X’s

The weight felt very light in the first set but as the short rest times come into play the workout gets more difficult very quickly. Will increase weight next time and see how it goes.

B- DB Bench Press- 55lbs DB’s/10X’s; 55lbs DB’s/10X’s; 55lbs/6X’s; 55lbs/4X’s; 55lbs/4X’s; 55lbs/4X’s; 55lbs/2X’s

This started kicking my ass on the 3rd set. Felt like I was doing cardio for a bit, lol. The last set of 2 reps was very difficult but kept to my form.

C- Bent Over Row- I used the barbell as I just prefer it to dumb bells for this exercise, I feel I can keep better form, just personal preference.

95lbs/10X’s; 95lbs/10X’s; 95lbs/8X’s; 95lbs/8X’s; 95lbs/4X’s.

Weight wasn’t an issue here, again rest times were kicking my ass.

D- Plank Hold- I’m not sure how the reps are suppose to go here, how long to hold it for and what not, some help would be appreciated, I tried to do as many reps as possible holding it for as long as possible each time and I got six reps in when all of my abs cramped simultaneously and I felt a cramp/pain that is familiar to me but I hadn’t felt in a long time. I was done at this point as every time I moved my abs were cramping again.