Biotest

Syd's V-Diet Log

New to these forums but have been lurking for a while. I did a bootleg version of the V-Diet a month ago (using supps I thought were comparable to what is suggested here) and lasted 9 days. I used ON products, supps I already had in the house (casein protein, Pro Complex protein, fish oil caps, CLA) I did full body workouts 3x a week and did the NEPA walks. On the abovementioned supps, I remember feeling hungry, shaky at times. I didn’t really have structure the last time.

This time i’m doing things as prescribed. I’ve ordered/received all the Biotest supps (Metabolic Drive, Surge, Flameout…I already have HOT-ROX Extreme on hand) and am ready to begin. I’m also using the intermediate workout program suggested here along with the NEPA walks. I’ll be taking pics tonight and posting tomorrow. It was interesting to read other people’s journey through the V-Diet and I hope I can contribute to the list of people who have completed this successfully.

Hi!
Good luck with your diet! Looking forward to reading about your results :slight_smile:

How did you fare with the boot-leg version? I’m having to do the same at the moment, but would rather know if it is worth it!

[quote]Silent_Bob wrote:
How did you fare with the boot-leg version? I’m having to do the same at the moment, but would rather know if it is worth it![/quote]

I don’t think it went well at all. I was hungry (read: ravenous and shaky) a lot of the time, I think that’s why I only lasted 9 days.

I had read about the Velocity Diet a little here and there. I decided on a Saturday that I was going to start the diet that Monday.

When I started reading the articles on T-Nation, I was surprised. I had no idea that for best results, I would need to purchase the Biotest supps. And since I was in such a rush to try out the concept, I used what I had around the house. For MRP’s, I used ON Pro Complex and ON Casein protein mixed together. For Flameout I used fish oil caps containing EPA/DHA and CLA caps. For Surge, I used creatine mixed with whey. For fat burning I used the HOT-ROX Extreme, since that was one of the items I could get at the store level.

Another reason I went “bootleg” was because, when I tried to place an order here, the Flameout was on backorder and so was Surge.

Anyway, I didn’t start Velocity today. I woke up at 7:55am and I needed to wake up at 6:30 so I could go to the gym. So i’ll be starting tomorrow. That’s ok though, because I want to buy a blender…a REAL blender so I can make my shakes with ice. I also need to take my measurements and pics, which I can do tonight.

I’m doing it the bootleg way, it’s too expensive to get the Biotest shipped over here…

Where do you live edjam?

UK. Biotest is available here, but it’s just too expensive for me right now. I buy casein/whey/ flax etc etc and make up my own. Been working well so far…Not ideal, but I just haven’t got the funds to go Biotest.

[quote]Silent_Bob wrote:
How did you fare with the boot-leg version? I’m having to do the same at the moment, but would rather know if it is worth it![/quote]

It is worth it - I also use a different brand, because of loyalty to my sponsor. So far it has been working good. The only Biotest product I have been using is HOT-ROX, since my sponsor doesn’t have anything similar to that one.

[quote]Floyd Linis wrote:
It is worth it - I also use a different brand, because of loyalty to my sponsor. So far it has been working good. The only Biotest product I have been using is HOT-ROX, since my sponsor doesn’t have anything similar to that one.
[/quote]

So you’re not using the recommended products, you’re not using the workouts and you’re not doing NEPA as recommended…?

Sorry to break the news, but that’s not the V-Diet, imo.

[quote]kakattack wrote:
Floyd Linis wrote:

So you’re not using the recommended products, you’re not using the workouts and you’re not doing NEPA as recommended…?

Sorry to break the news, but that’s not the V-Diet, imo.[/quote]

Maybe not, but it is quite similar :wink:

Since the V-Diet existed for a while without its own workout program and still with the name “Velocity diet” I don’t see there is a big problem there.

Since the V-Diet existed for a while without its own workout program and still with the name “Velocity diet” I don’t see there is a big problem there.[/quote]

You’re still not using Metabolic Drive (a big no-no), not using any of the reocmmended supps besides HOT-ROX if I remember right, and throwing in excess cardio/interval training (another HUGE no-no).

not doing the recommended lifting program, doing something comparable and saying you’re doing the V-Diet- that I can understand. What you’re doing is something you’ve totally concocted on your own though- and although it may be similar in SOME aspects, its not Velocity by any means.

[quote]kakattack wrote:
Floyd Linis wrote:

Since the V-Diet existed for a while without its own workout program and still with the name “Velocity diet” I don’t see there is a big problem there.

You’re still not using Metabolic Drive (a big no-no), not using any of the reocmmended supps besides HOT-ROX if I remember right, and throwing in excess cardio/interval training (another HUGE no-no).

not doing the recommended lifting program, doing something comparable and saying you’re doing the V-Diet- that I can understand. What you’re doing is something you’ve totally concocted on your own though- and although it may be similar in SOME aspects, its not Velocity by any means.

[/quote]

So far, I have not read that Chris says that using Biotest’s products is the only thing that allows you to do the diet - he says that it will guarantee the best results and that I don’t want to argue against - I am sure that from his experience with the diet on himself and on others, this is what he has experienced. And from what I can read about Metabolic Drive, from what Chris says in his stickies, and from what I have learned at my education, I can see why this is so.

And thanks to all this background information, I feel very confident in “cooking” my version together, with the products I can get from my sponsor. And I really cannot see the benefit of just telling people “don’t do it” if they for some reason have trouble getting their hands on Biotest’s products. But in stead share experience from alternatives that also payed out with good result.

I do - however - think that if you CAN easily get your hands on the recommended products, then do it the way Chris says and thereby be assured you will get the best results.

So far, I have not read that Chris says that using Biotest’s products is the only thing that allows you to do the diet - he says that it will guarantee the best results and that I don’t want to argue against - I am sure that from his experience with the diet on himself and on others, this is what he has experienced. And from what I can read about Metabolic Drive, from what Chris says in his stickies, and from what I have learned at my education, I can see why this is so.

And thanks to all this background information, I feel very confident in “cooking” my version together, with the products I can get from my sponsor. And I really cannot see the benefit of just telling people “don’t do it” if they for some reason have trouble getting their hands on Biotest’s products.
[/quote]

Umm… what about that giant sticky “Why Metabolic Drive only?”

“If you can’t get Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, don’t do the Velocity Diet. (Or at the very least, don’t call it the Velocity Diet.) There are plenty of other good diet plans here at T-Nation.”

And you’re still brushing over the fact that you’re adding large amounts of cardio and interval training when you’re flat out told not to over and over again.

I’m not trying to rip into you, but you’re not doing the V-Diet.

If you’re going to change things, it’s not called the Velocity Diet. Shugart has said this many times. If you insist on doing it differently, kindly post about it in the ‘Supplements & Nutrition’ section.

I like how you all hijacked this poor girls log too.