Biotest

SWS223's VDiet Log

I started the V-Diet for the first time on Monday 4/19/10. I’m surprised at how full I feel on the shakes! I have moments where I could eat anything that is solid. But I have turned to chewing some sugar free gum or slamming some water and maybe a fiber choice tablet. So far so good. Anyway starting measurements are:

Height 5’9"
Weight 177.4
Neck 15"
Shoulders 47.5"
Upper Chest 42"
LowerChest 40.5"
Waist at Navel 32"
Waist at Largest 33.5"
Hips at Largest 38.5"
Upper Arm L 14.25"
Upper Arm R 14.25"
Upper Leg L 22.8"
Upper Leg R 22.8"
Calf L 16"
Calf R 16"
Ankle L 9.25"
Ankle R 9.25"

I also performed workout #1 from the intermediate section.
Front Squat:
8 @ 85#, 5 @ 100#, 4 @ 115#, 3 @ 115#. (I have difficulty doing barbell front squats so I substituted a dumbbell.

Lat Pulldown (Underhand Grip):
8 @ 150#, 5 @ 175#, 4 @ 200#, 3 @ 200#.

Chin-Ups with 20# additional weight @ 197#:
4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1.

Dumbbell Bench Press:
8 @ 65#, 5 @ 70#, 5 @ 70#, 4 @ 70#. Total weight is x2.

Ab-Wheel Rollout w/ 20# in my backpack:
5, 5, 5, 5.

Welcome to the team. You will achieve your goals in no time. Good Luck!

welcome and succes with your goals

Welcome to the V!!! If you don’t mind me asking, why do you have problems with the front squats?

[quote]n8tive wrote:
Welcome to the V!!! If you don’t mind me asking, why do you have problems with the front squats? [/quote]

Actually I can do them fine. But that bar kills my shoulders I almost always walk away bruised. Not sure if I’m supporting the bar incorrectly or what. But I found that if cradling kettlebells or using 1 heavy dumbbell I can get nearly the same results. Plus I had shoulder surgery 5 months ago so I’m going to be a bit cautious.

Day 3 on the V! Feeling good and going strong! Performed Intermediate workout #2.

Reverse Lunge 60 lb. Dumbbells:
8-7-5-5-5-5-5, 40 Reps,
Bent-Over-Row 55 lb. Dumbbells:
9-8-6-5-5-5-5, 40 Reps,
Push Press 45 lb. Dumbbells:
8-7-5-5-5-5-5, 40 Reps,
Curls using Low Pulley Cable 100 lb. Setting, Certain it would’ve been less using a bar:
10-8-8-7-5-2-1, 41 Reps,
Reverse Crunch:
10-10-6-7-7, 40 Reps.

I’m even sweating V! Well it kind of looks like a V.

This is my first progress pic from 2 years ago.

My most recent progress pic is at the top of the forum string.

4-21-10 NEPA Walk: 48 min, HR 110 - 125 BPM, 450 calories burned.

Oh and thanks for the welcome to the V-Diet!

Looks great good luck!!
Welcome to the V-Diet

Thanks! Day 4 on V still going strong! Surprisingly feel pretty good. Although cooking dinner for the kids lastnight was tough but I stuck to my guns. I just recv’d my TMuscle shirt this morning and I have to say I’m disappointed! The damn logo is crooked which looks f***ing stupid! I used to do silk screen printing by hand one shirt at a time and it’s not hard to get it straight. Boo TMuscle!

Today’s NEPA: 64 flights of stairs up & down. I’ve read that others feel like crap on this diet. But I haven’t experienced that yet. Does it set in during week 2 or what? Any feedback on this? I have to say I’ve felt pretty good during this 1st week, knock on wood.

[quote]sws223 wrote:
Today’s NEPA: 64 flights of stairs up & down. I’ve read that others feel like crap on this diet. But I haven’t experienced that yet. Does it set in during week 2 or what? Any feedback on this? I have to say I’ve felt pretty good during this 1st week, knock on wood.[/quote]

I’ve read that too, but I felt great the whole time. There were a few days when I was thought - when the F will this be over? but that was like an hour or so of a couple days, not entire days.

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:

[quote]sws223 wrote:
Today’s NEPA: 64 flights of stairs up & down. I’ve read that others feel like crap on this diet. But I haven’t experienced that yet. Does it set in during week 2 or what? Any feedback on this? I have to say I’ve felt pretty good during this 1st week, knock on wood.[/quote]

I’ve read that too, but I felt great the whole time. There were a few days when I was thought - when the F will this be over? but that was like an hour or so of a couple days, not entire days.
[/quote]

Well thats good to hear. Thanks for the feedback. I’ve kept a pretty strict diet anyway for the last 2 years so low cal diets such as this isn’t new but the no solid food part is. Sugar free gums helps.

Good luck bro, just remember your goals and what you want to look like and you’ll do fine

Day 5. Well I’m hungry, but thats ok I will have a shake here in a bit and will be statisfied for a few hours. I kind of enjoy those hunger pangs. Anyway NEPA round 1 done for today 50 minute fast walk with my boxer, Casey “Payday” Jones, she enjoyed the walk and I will make that a habit with her. According to HR monitor: Avg HR 122, Max HR 137, Calories burned 550. Now on to the weights! Will log that later.

Hey man, I’m on day 5 too. Like how you keep it positive. Keep it up…good job.

Thanks you too brother! I’ll have to make sure to follow your Vdiet log. We can keep eachother honest seeing how we are at the same point along in the diet.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.