Biotest

Swimming for Muscle - Peri-Workout Nutrition

Hoping to get some direction. I am 50 and I have lifted for a number of years up until 4 years ago, then had tendon injury in arm which never fully recovered. Cant really lift for upper body, so recently went to swimming to try to put on some muscle for upper body. Not great at it, but now doing about 14 x 25 yards freestyle over 20-30 minute period before giving out. Doing some regular compound lifting for lower body. Trying to lose body fat as well of course.

I am quite confused about peri workout (pre/post)nutrition for swimming and was hoping to get some direction.

My current nutrition surrounding the swimming workout is:

2-3 hours before:
PIECE OF FRUIT
5 OZ LEAN PROTEIN
VEGGIES

During:
10G BCAA
10G GLUTAMINE

Immediately after:
1 SCOOP Biotest SURGE (1/2 SERVING)
5G CREATINE

Within 30-60 minutes after post workout Surge:
1 CUP OF BEANS OR BROWN RICE
5 OZ LEAN PROTEIN
VEGGIES

I have also tried the above adding another �½ serving of Surge immediately before the swimming.

I have no idea if the above is way off base or just needs some tweaking. After this nutritional regimen I feel like a bloated, stuck pig. It may be that I am eating too much considering the volume of swimming I am doing.
Would REALLY appreciate some direction on this.

dude, just eat less before you swim. You’re way overthinking this.

Surge Recovery or Surge Workout Fuel?

if you get bloated from eating that little amount of food maybe its just a certain food that doesnt agree with you. id try dropping the beans and put in something else.

Surge Recovery.

Yes, good thought to switch out the beans.

Any thoughts on timing?

Surge Recovery.

timing looks ok to me. drink plenty of water

Given your goal, all you really need is <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/MAG-10"target=“new”>MAG-10 around the peri-workout swimming period. Save the Surge for lifting.