Biotest

SWG's V-Diet Log

I’m 26 years old. I currently weight 175 pounds. I weighed 145-150 all through high school and up until 2007. I know for a fact that I haven’t put on much muscle since then. That’s a lot of fat. Not as much as others, but still a ridiculous amount to me. I prefer it to be muscle. I keep envisioning thirty pounds of fat in a lump on the floor. It makes me sick to think I’m carrying said lump around.

I get stuck in analysis paralysis. Hardcore. I’ve basically been stuck in it for the past four years. If I actually locked down and put into action all I’ve learned while lurking on T-Nation the last four years, I’d be in top-notch shape.

But wait… Should I cut first? Should I bulk? What diet should I follow? High carbs, low carbs, no carbs? Is grass fed beef really worth it? Alright, so heavy load and low reps. Got it. Hmm, or maybe medium load and higher reps? Wait, what diet should I go with again? Etc, etc, ad infinitum.

I’m starting the V-Diet shortly. I’ll be ordering everything I need come the 15th of June.

Is the V-Diet the best choice for me at the moment? Should I really be bulking first? Should I do this or do that or maybe this other plan?

I don’t care. Indecision is my biggest enemy. It always has been and I’ve had enough of it. I’ve taken a decision; one that I’ve set myself up to follow through 110% of the way. The structured, ironclad rules laid out by the V-Diet will be immensely helpful to me. Everything has been decided for me, and that’s the stepping stone I need. That, at least, should get the ball rolling.

So yeah, I guess the V-Diet is the best choice for me at the moment.

-SWG

The only thing I can say for certain is bulking is not for you.

Hey, welcome! Id say adding 25lbs of fat only is definitely a reason to diet. I definitely agree with you in the training aspect if you are not given a plan, say when training for a specific sport, you can definitely over analyze it all. When you are done this and go back to figuring out what kind of plan to do just choose something and stick with it for ~6weeks or what have you. you can’t do it all at once.

GL and stay strong: im on day 3 and the smell of food permeates the air everywhere i go…

Mr. Shugart’s most recent live spill was well timed and hit home.

Stop. Step Back. Breathe.

I have to make this my mantra, put it on a shirt, get it tattooed, put it up on a big billboard on my route to work, and generally post it everywhere I go.

That nerd kid you always made fun of in school? That was me. I’ve always been an academic sort. I like to study, read books, mess with computers, etc. I work with numbers quite a bit, and I always have something to study and analyze.

There’s a time and place for all that, certainly, but go too far with it and you just wind up trapping yourself.

Not you, but, you know, the general you. And definitely myself.

There’s a few elements behind why I was stuck for so long.

Firstly, I didn’t make action a priority. For the longest time it was, “Alright, I have a ton of other stuff on my plate right now, so I’ll just read up on everything, get all my ducks in a row, and when the time comes I’ll hit the grindstone like a son of a bitch.” Turns out when something isn’t a priority, you don’t really ever pay attention to it. Imagine that.

That led to the path of analysis paralysis. Part the problem here is that I love to study and learn new stuff and confront challenges to my old beliefs. This isn’t just a problem for me in regards to weight training. Hell, I’m interested and study drawing, sculpting, programming, currency trading, more programing, network engineering, datacenter facility engineering, server administration, playing guitar, playing bass, and more currency trading. That’s the short list. I can tell you all sorts of stuff about each item on the list, but I’ve not done much in any area. I need to pick one, maybe two, and just run with them all the way.

Which leads me to fear. Not actually being afraid, so to speak. Rather, the slight anxiety of “missing out”. Each decision you take closes and open doors to other options. I want to do everything and I can’t. There’s just not enough time in the day. This is where lessons learned in different areas of life become extremely important to all areas. Case in point, currency trading. If you can’t make a decision and keep with it, you WILL lose all of your money. Hands down, no questions asked. I’ve lost more money than I care to admit. Not a really large amount, but just enough in relation to my income to piss me off and drive home the point that I better make up my mind and stick with something the entire way through.

Anyways, I didn’t mean for this to turn into a self-confrontational rant. If you read the entire bit, thanks. I hope I didn’t bore you.

Hey Rage, otown.

Thanks for stoppin’ by.

@RageInspired: Glad to have some confirmation on my choice. Gives me a bit more confidence. :slight_smile:

@otown83: Thanks for the welcome. I have an idea of what I want to do after the V-Diet, I’ll definitely be asking around for some feedback on my plans near the end. I think that’s also been part of my problem. I’ve been trying to tackle this all myself, and neglected to become part of a community. Seems like joining others doing what I want to do will help tremendously. Novel idea, eh?

Alright, got paid and purchased the V-Diet supplement pack.

Can’t wait to join in on the fun.

Also just went out to buy the Ninja Master Prep blender. Heard a bunch of good things about it. Anyone else here have one? If so, how are you liking it?

Never heard of that blender but with a name like that how could it not be awesome? I was reading through some of your posts and it seems that you and I have the same problem with analysis paralysis. The V-Diet makes things so simple and following it cleared my mind of what I should be doing and changed it to just doing.

No thinking, just doing, and RESULTS. After this I think sticking to a plan, any plan, is going to be easy and beneficial. Sounds like the diet will help you in the same way its helping me. I still have two weeks left, but already feel a sense of peace and control that I’ve never felt before.

Yeah, I hear what you’re sayin’. Not being preoccupied/obsessive with foodstuffs or creating a meal plan or anything for a good solid month will be extremely beneficial.

I’m excited, my order is out for delivery. :slight_smile:

Also, that Ninja Master blender I bought is fooking awesome. Those blades are SHARP. Add a bit of ice, and it pretty much makes short work of blending up a nice, frosty, milkshake-like protein drink.

My stuff was just delivered. Made a preliminary shake, and oh my. This is quite good. The Superfood is what does it, I think. I can’t quite figure out what it tastes like. It’s just delicious. Maybe it’s just my nutrient starved body saying 'omfg what is that it’s awesome and I need more of it gogogogogog!"

Or something to that effect.

Officially starting on Monday. Here’s to the next month and a half. raises glass Cheers, mates.

Oh, and seriously, Biotest customer service is top notch. In fact, they’re top notch all around and they pretty much have my business exclusively. Just showin’ some love.

Started a day early.

Hopped on a scale yesterday and found myself at 171. I’ve made a few slight changes in my diet the past few weeks, so I guess it’s helped. :slight_smile:

I’ll be off to buy a tape measure after work so I can post that info later.

There are three things I am going to miss until I get used to not having them:

Monster Energy Drinks - Green can. Can’t say it ever really gave me “energy”, I’m just really addicted to the taste. Manna from the heavens.

Jack in the Box Spicy Chicken Biscuit - Man, substitute hashbrowns with seasoned fries, add in a root beer. This was my meal of choice after a long, monotonous weekend night shift. nom nom nom.

Twix Bar - My go-to candy bar.

I shouldn’t have any issues staying away from them, though. Paying only at the pump will keep me out of gas stations, and it’s easy enough to just drive on by Jack in the Box during my drive home.

Anyways. My supervisor is probably going to wonder wtf when he gets here in the morning, seeing as how I brought three containers of MD(different flavors), plus one container each for everything else.

I sorta randomly decided to start today instead of tomorrow about three minutes before I had to leave home for work, soooo… Just threw everything in a box and brought it with me. :slight_smile:

Gonna need to get together a way for me to separate everything out into portions to make it easier to carry with me, etc, etc.

Also, strawberry-banana shakes ftmfw. :smiley:

oh geez. /facepalm

http://www.sportsdoctor.com/chg/nutrition.html

having a hard time getting down the Surge peri-workout.

stuff is almost sickeningly sweet. :open_mouth:

is keepin’ a bucket close by

You were drinking root beer\eating candy bars before and you think SURGE is too sweet? Haha. Try putting a few more oz of water in it to dilute the taste a bit.

Good luck.

I know, wtf right? I was thinking about that too while sipping on Surge. Those Monster drinks are damn near nothing but sugar, pretty much, and I drank those like they were going out of style.

Dunno, maybe it’s just a different kind of sweet. At any rate, I’ll mix it up with a bit more water. Thanks for the suggestion and the luck.

Got it figured out.

I need it to be COOOOOLD. It’s much much much better when it’s almost freezing.

I can drink it like this all day long. Good stuff.

Gonna have to cut back on the HOT-ROX.

I seriously can’t fathom eating any amount of anything right now.

Took me almost 2 weeks to adjust to HOT-ROX! Eventually you hardly notice it though, and just forget until you’re soaking in sweat for apparently no reason!

Something I have learned: I fooking hate flax seeds. heh. :slight_smile: