Biotest

SWF Only

Chris - I am starting to use CT’s layers, very late to the game. I’ve been doing the workouts for a week without any peri-workout nutrition other than a high protein meal an hour or two before, some caffeine, sodium and a ton of water in the half hour leading up to the workout, which don’t last more than 45 mins since I keep the pace fast in between sets.

My budget would only allow for SWF as a peri-workout supp, is it worth adding for such a short workout, or would I be better served by saving my cash for something else later on? Thanks.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/surge-workout-fuel"target=“new”>Surge Workout Fuel would be a great choice. Length of workout should not dictate whether or not one uses peri-workout supplementation, just how much and in some cases what type (and of course what fits the budget.) Some short workouts can be more brutalizing than long workouts, especially Thibaudeau’s.

Another good option would be Plazma, just one serving pre and one serving during for the budget minded. That’s actually what I use, though I have a Mag-10 pulse after. Now, with a longer John Meadows workout (long AND brutalizing) I’d bump that up to two servings of Plazma during.

But short answer, yes, SWF would be great for you.

Thanks Chris. I picked up some SWF for now, Plazma just isn’t in the cards right now even at 2 scoops per session. Hypothetically, how much value would one serving of Plazma offer as compared to one or two scoops of SWF in one workout? Trivial at that point but just wondering, thanks.

It’s really hard to put a value or “percentage better” on that, but let’s just say that Tim Patterson only has our pro athletes and bodybuilders on Plazma these days. SWF is still mighty good stuff though.

I’ve personally experienced some excellent progress when pairing a leaner protein source (e.g., chicken breast or canned sardines in water) with the Surge Workout Fuel prior to implementing CT’s high threshold training principles. I’d basically get this pre-WO meal in my system a good 45 minutes before starting my first work sets.

–Eric

[quote]mstorm wrote:
Chris - I am starting to use CT’s layers, very late to the game. I’ve been doing the workouts for a week without any peri-workout nutrition other than a high protein meal an hour or two before, some caffeine, sodium and a ton of water in the half hour leading up to the workout, which don’t last more than 45 mins since I keep the pace fast in between sets.

My budget would only allow for SWF as a peri-workout supp, is it worth adding for such a short workout, or would I be better served by saving my cash for something else later on? Thanks.[/quote]