Biotest

Swapping Shakes With Solid Food

I’m on my 4th day of the V-diet and was wondering what you guys think of this idea:

Swapping 1 or 2 shakes a day for some healthy solid food of the exact same nutritional value.

Is it a good idea, will it still work and if not why not?

Thanks guys

Adam

[quote]bnbn wrote:
I’m on my 4th day of the V-diet and was wondering what you guys think of this idea:

Swapping 1 or 2 shakes a day for some healthy solid food of the exact same nutritional value.

Thanks guys

Adam[/quote]

Because you will fail the diet, not get the behavioral changes, and not be doing the V-Diet anymore.

Do the diet or don’t do the diet.

The “eat less, exercise more” idea is great… but 66% of the population is fat anyway. It fails. The V-Diet doesn’t when followed correctly. The strictness and lack of wiggle room is crucial.

I’d like to thank the OP for providing me with a laugh. That post made my day!

I’m gonna do a squat-centric leg routine to beef up my legs, but how about instead of doing squats, I just do half-rep leg presses?

[quote]wirewound wrote:
I’m gonna do a squat-centric leg routine to beef up my legs, but how about instead of doing squats, I just do half-rep leg presses?[/quote]

Nah, just do lots of bicep curls. Do it with dumbbells but stay in the squat rack for um… actually why do they go there?

EDIT: Double post. But while this is here, I hear quarter-squats are good for function, especially when you stand on a bosu ball.

I don’t see the point in attacking the guy. He just thought it might be worth looking into (the first week of the diet is hell) and asked about it. He deserves credit for asking first (as long as he follows the advice and sticks to it)

[quote]lowlight wrote:
I don’t see the point in attacking the guy. He just thought it might be worth looking into (the first week of the diet is hell) and asked about it. He deserves credit for asking first (as long as he follows the advice and sticks to it)[/quote]

Quite simply because the issue has been discussed ad nauseam on this site. A simple search would turn up an answer.

Instead he asked, got an answer straight from the creator of the diet, and it’s out in the open for other people who are ignorant to see. Stop being such a bitch!

I’ve done it. It worked fine for me as far as fat loss is concerned. Didn’t really have any taste changes though, and if you think that that’s something you want, then stick to the liquid diet.

I had done the diet at a time when there was nothing against the ‘one solid meal a day’ plan.

In the end, if you keep your calories that low, you will lose weight… Though you may not be on the V-diet anymore.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
bnbn wrote:

Thanks guys

Adam

Because you will fail the diet, not get the behavioral changes, and not be doing the V-Diet anymore.

The “eat less, exercise more” idea is great… but 66% of the population is fat anyway. It fails. The V-Diet doesn’t when followed correctly. The strictness and lack of wiggle room is crucial.

[/quote]

I too am on day 4 of the V-Diet and I was wondering the same thing. I am having no problems sticking to the liquid diet. I’ve got my Flameout, flax oil, flax seeds…everything. I’m loving it and I actually feel a LOT stronger in the gym which I was surprised about. However…I don’t see how it would matter if instead of having a shake at 8:30pm I had 7-8 ounces of grilled tilapia (fish). The calories and protein are almost identical and it’s zero carbs. I can understand not changing the V-Diet if you’re dumb about it or can’t stick to the macronutrient levels, but what about something like my idea?

Thanks all for your feedback

ok this is my edit…

I read through a couple pages of posts and see where this has been brought up. I understand that someone with no self control could fail the diet but I don’t see any reasonable answer to not replace the nightime shake with 8 ounces of fish (no veggies…maybe some lemon juice). I wouldn’t suddenly go adding all kinds of other foods or replacing every shake. My situation is probably not the typical V-Diet scenario though in that I’m starting it at about 11-12% BF and just trying to get ripped and then start a clean bulk from there.

Don’t eat solid food on this diet. Don’t give up so easily!

[quote]davidtower wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:
bnbn wrote:

Thanks guys

Adam

I too am on day 4 of the V-Diet and I was wondering the same thing. I am having no problems sticking to the liquid diet. I’ve got my Flameout, flax oil, flax seeds…everything. I’m loving it and I actually feel a LOT stronger in the gym which I was surprised about. However…I don’t see how it would matter if instead of having a shake at 8:30pm I had 7-8 ounces of grilled tilapia (fish). The calories and protein are almost identical and it’s zero carbs. I can understand not changing the V-Diet if you’re dumb about it or can’t stick to the macronutrient levels, but what about something like my idea?

Thanks all for your feedback

ok this is my edit…

I read through a couple pages of posts and see where this has been brought up. I understand that someone with no self control could fail the diet but I don’t see any reasonable answer to not replace the nightime shake with 8 ounces of fish (no veggies…maybe some lemon juice). I wouldn’t suddenly go adding all kinds of other foods or replacing every shake. My situation is probably not the typical V-Diet scenario though in that I’m starting it at about 11-12% BF and just trying to get ripped and then start a clean bulk from there. [/quote]

DO IT OR DON’T DO IT. see above post THAT YOU QUOTED. if the calories and protein were the issue then Shugart WOULD NOT HAVE DONE IT THIS WAY. there’s a point is what i’m saying. your situation is the ideal one, already pretty low bodyfat wants to get ripped uses the V-Diet=awesome idea. I am in the same situation. Talk to Makavali he had a similar situation as well.

But for god sakes stop trying to change the freakin plan. It’s not supposed to be easy or be made easier if it will truly work. I’m 11 days in and I went from a 32 inch waist to a 31 SO FAR while maintaining strength for the most part. that’s pretty good i think.

[quote]cpcloud wrote:
I’m 11 days in and I went from a 32 inch waist to a 31 SO FAR while maintaining strength for the most part. that’s pretty good i think.[/quote]

That does sound pretty good. Nice work!

[quote]lowlight wrote:
Instead he asked, got an answer straight from the creator of the diet, and it’s out in the open for other people who are ignorant to see. Stop being such a bitch![/quote]

No.

Stop being such a whining twat. The search function isn’t there for decoration.

[quote]davidtower wrote:
I read through a couple pages of posts and see where this has been brought up. I understand that someone with no self control could fail the diet but I don’t see any reasonable answer to not replace the nightime shake with 8 ounces of fish (no veggies…maybe some lemon juice). I wouldn’t suddenly go adding all kinds of other foods or replacing every shake. My situation is probably not the typical V-Diet scenario though in that I’m starting it at about 11-12% BF and just trying to get ripped and then start a clean bulk from there. [/quote]

I like how the creator of the diet took his time to chime in, and you ignored him. Nice.

Where do you think Chris was when he started? 25%BF? Hell no.

If you eat solid food, you’ll get wiener cancer.

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
If you eat solid food, you’ll get wiener cancer.[/quote]

Don’t be stupid. It’s rectal cancer.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:

Don’t be stupid. It’s rectal cancer.[/quote]

Can’t it be both?

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:

Don’t be stupid. It’s rectal cancer.

Can’t it be both?[/quote]

I’ve never heard of both at once… but I suppose it’s possible. This is unexplored territory after all.