Biotest

Surge Workout Fuel/Surge Recovery Crash

Greetings everyone! I have a question regarding the usage of Surge Workout Fuel and Surge Recovery. I have been taking about 1/4 of 1 serving of Surge about 15/20 min before a total body workout (Four compound movements, 8-12 rep range) sipping it during the workout, and then finishing the one serving immediately afterwords. I then take one serving of Surge Recovery.

Since I began doing this I have noticed a rather large post-workout crash around the one-hour mark after training. I was reading a Biotest article where it was recommended that one should not take Surge until training, to reduce the possibility of blood sugar crashes. Will taking this advice help with these crashes, or should I stick with using one supplement and dropping the other?

About 30-45 mins after training and taking Surge Recovery I eat a meal rougly 850-1000 calories, with at least 25-30 grams of protein, and at least 30-70 grams of carbs. I prefer to train with only a protein shake in my belly about a half hour before I begin to sip Surge.

Many thanks for the suggestions!

-A.

[quote=“aberken09, post:1, topic:6991”]
I have been taking about 1/4 of 1 serving of Surge about 15/20 min before a total body workout (Four compound movements, 8-12 rep range) sipping it during the workout, and then finishing the one serving immediately afterwords. I then take one serving of Surge Recovery.

Since I began doing this I have noticed a rather large post-workout crash around the one-hour mark after training.[/quote]
That’s most likely because Surge Recovery is doing its exact job, spiking blood glucose, but it has nowhere to go because you’ve already taken care of workout nutrition by having the Surge Workout Fuel during training. It’s sort of like riding your bike 20 minutes to the gym and then getting on the stationary bike to warm-up before the weights. You already did what you need to do, so that second step isn’t necessary.

You could flip it around, having Surge Recovery shortly before and during training, and the SWF after. That shouldn’t be a problem. You’d get the full benefits of Surge Recovery and still get the rehydration benefits of SWF.

That would be the simplest solution, yeah. The both work, but Surge Workout Fuel is the most recent and up to date formula. In a good-better-best scenario, SWF is better than Surge Recovery (with Plazma being best of the bunch).

Mr. Colucci,

Thank you for your response. Your recommendation worked like a charm! For a couple of workouts I used Surge Workout Fuel during/after, and not only am I no longer crashing hard after workouts I am feeling tons BETTER. I have yet to try taking Surge Recovery pre/during and then Surge Workout Fuel afterwords. I’ll update this thread once I do.

Many thanks,
-A.