Biotest

Surge Workout Fuel Pre-Workout?

this has been out of stock for a while now…has it been superceded by Plazma or is it just selling out that much? why would i choose one over the other?

is there a protocol (supplement AND exercise) you recommend for a crossfitter that wants to build muscle as much as possible?

i’ve been using Surge Recovery post-workout (the chocolate is EXCELLENT), but i’m using a pre-workout before i workout (fasted) but nothing during the workout except water…

thoughts/suggestions?

1. <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma is Biotest’s most advanced peri-workout nutrition formula. You can read about the details by clicking that link. Most people who try Plazma never go back to Surge. We think you’ll be pleased.

2. Well, if you’re a CrossFitter isn’t your workout plan… CrossFit? Still, lots of free training plans here at T Nation. Just scan the archives and find one that best fits your goals. As for supplements, the first thing we recommend for CrossFit is Plazma.

3. Fasted training with the goal of building muscle? You’re shooting yourself in both feet if you mean no nutrition at all. Lots of articles on that in our archives. Here’s one:
    http://www.t-nation.com/training/fasted-cardio-eats-muscle

Sorry to hijack the thread, but is SWF expected to return? Plazma won’t fit in my budget for quite some time. . .

[quote]MikeMezz wrote:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but is SWF expected to return? Plazma won’t fit in my budget for quite some time. . . [/quote]

That question should be sent to Biotest Customer Service.

how would you recommend taking Plazma? pre, during, and post workout?
can it be taken alone? what am i sacrificing by not taking MAG-10 with it?
does it replace Surge recovery?
would i take Plazma only on workout days?
what is “Plazma Pre-Load?” (this is the title given on the Plazma sales page for “Plazma + Indigo3G”…sorry)

1. According to label directions. (See handy photo attached.) Here’s the direct link: <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Click Me

2. a. It can be used alone. b. Fewer gains.

3. Yes, it’s a much better formula.

4. It’s a workout nutrition drink. If you’re not working out you do not take it.

5. It’s the serving you drink 15 minutes before training.

one last question…
this product seems impressive, and i’d love to try it, but how do people get over the hurdle of its cost? it’s $3.25 per serving…a decent workout is going to cost upwards of $10 JUST FOR THIS SUPPLEMENT (it goes up quickly with Indigo and Mag10 in the mix)…
how could i possibly afford this long term?

Sorry, we can’t offer you financial advice. All we can say is that many people prioritize quality supplements. Skip the fancy coffee drink and you just bought a serving of Plazma or two… that kind of thing. Or they skip beer or video games or some other pleasurable but nonessential thing. Other people, well, they make plenty of money and spend it on what’s important to them. After all, not everyone can afford a new Lexus, but Lexus doesn’t lower the quality of their product just so more people can. Biotest makes designer supplements for the elite, and high quality just isn’t cheap.

[quote]finchum wrote:
one last question…
this product seems impressive, and i’d love to try it, but how do people get over the hurdle of its cost? it’s $3.25 per serving…a decent workout is going to cost upwards of $10 JUST FOR THIS SUPPLEMENT (it goes up quickly with Indigo and Mag10 in the mix)…
how could i possibly afford this long term?[/quote]

The cost of Plazma, particularly, as you note, in conjunction with other supplements was cause for concern for me in the beginning as well. I earn good money but it’s easy to rack up quite a habit here. With that said, I find two doses of Plazma per Training session is sufficient and although not my personal preference, would even recommend one dose over none. It has become one of two “must have” supplements for me and I’d choose it over Indigo-3G in a heartbeat, and even MAG-10 if need be.

Perhaps start with one dose of Plazma pre and one MAG-10 post?

The price isn’t too crazy for Plazma TBH. It’s actually quite reasonable. A 30 serving tub of HBCD where each serving still comes in at less carbs per serving than Plazma (25 grams vs Plazma’s 38 grams) on it’s own is around $26. A 30 serving tub of quality EAAs (which is still inferior to casein hydrolysate contained within Plazma) where you get roughly 10 grams, that’s another $23 or so. Then citrulline malate is another additional cost as well as betaine, both of which is already included in Plazma. The price isn’t really bad and it’s actually competitively priced TBH.

Depending on your preworkout nutrition, you can even get away with using just 1 serving of Plazma just for intraworkout. Or, if your workouts are on the shorter side (45 minutes or less), 1 serving of Plazma preworkout would suffice nicely.