Biotest

Surge Workout Fuel During Training Class?

Aloha Chris,

I am asked frequently what would be best to drink during my “Dungeon” class. I usually mention Plazma and refer them over to T-Nation to order it. The usual comment back is, “oh can’t I just get something here in town?” Which makes me think I need to add something to our gym’s monthly order to keep on hand.

Though Plazma, aka “The Magic Juice” would be optimal, I am thinking that Surge Workout Fuel would be perfect for this class. It usually consist of Sled Running/Pushing, Tire Flipping, Battle Ropes, Bodyweight exercises, Rope Suspension systems, Sledgehammer strikes, etc.

Generally does not consist of HEAVY WEIGHTS unless I am feeling especially devious and load up the sled. hehehehehe

Mahalo for your input.

I do 4-5 CrossFit sessions per week and 1-2 sessions of pure strength training (powerlifting, Olympic lifting). I usually take Surge workout fuel with CrossFit and Plazma with the strength sessions. My impression is that Surge with its higher carb and lower protein content is biased somewhat more towards cardio oriented training compared to Plazma. In both cases I have a MAG-10 about 45 minutes afterwards.

[quote]sebbesen wrote:
I do 4-5 CrossFit sessions per week and 1-2 sessions of pure strength training (powerlifting, Olympic lifting). I usually take Surge workout fuel with CrossFit and Plazma with the strength sessions. My impression is that Surge with its higher carb and lower protein content is biased somewhat more towards cardio oriented training compared to Plazma. In both cases I have a MAG-10 about 45 minutes afterwards.[/quote]

Aloha sebbesen,

Most people, why I don’t know because I have explained about fueling the workout, but they show up with nothing in their system and expect to get through the class. It’s intense and most people are already complaining during the warm-up. LOL. People still want convenience, so I think I need to provide them with faster access to a better alternative than what they get at the local Vitamin World or GNC.

I also use Plazma for all of my lifting sessions and use MAG-10 for recovery and my mini conditioning sessions.

I have to put in an order for Spike on Monday so I think I will get a couple tubs of Workout Fuel. I should figure out a cold dispenser type setup for the Workout Fuel. Hmmmm now there’s an idea.

Mahalo for the input.

[quote]HawaiiTunya wrote:
I have to put in an order for Spike on Monday so I think I will get a couple tubs of Workout Fuel. I should figure out a cold dispenser type setup for the Workout Fuel. Hmmmm now there’s an idea.[/quote]
That sounds like a plan. If my math is right, the contents of one bottle of Surge Workout Fuel should fill a 3.5 gallon container. If you can dose them out in about 20oz cups/bottles from there, you should be good to go.