Biotest

Surge Question

I use my shaker bottle for all of my shakes and Surge recovery which I take immediately following my workout. The dosage says two scoops of Surge, but I’ve cut that down to 1 full scoop with about 20 oz. of water because it is so sweet and I haven’t been able to finish it when I use 2 scoops… Do you see any problem with the reduction?

Yes. You’re not following the diet plan as outlined, and this could lead to some trouble down the road.

It drops daily calories even further. Drop cals too low and you risk metabolism trouble. And you don’t get the full benefits of the Surge. I’d expect some “low carb fogginess” too since your carbs are now too low and not cycled as the plan outlines.

Solution: Just add more water to dilute it if needed. You may also start sipping it during your workout so you don’t have to drink so much right after.

Let me know how it goes.

I have done this too. I take a couple sips of the Surge on the way to the gym and sip it during my lifting. When I am done I have about six ounces left that I drink on the way home. I agree, the Surge is hard to drink quickly so that is why I sip it for about an hour before, during, and after the lifting. Plus, I think it gives me more energy while lifting.

I personally love the original flavor. If protein powder was tasted like that I’d have 1000 grams a day ( yes I know that’s too much, but I love it! )

Try with more water like Chris said or plug the nose and pound it. It’ll kill most of the taste, plus if you just hammer it back, you don’t taste it nearly as long.

Damn, I mix 2 scoops in like 8 oz of water. I love the super-concentrated sweetness of it. Raspberry that is.

[quote]u r bunk wrote:
Damn, I mix 2 scoops in like 8 oz of water. I love the super-concentrated sweetness of it. Raspberry that is.[/quote]

Most people do love the flavor. They want to lift on off days just to justify drinking Surge!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]u r bunk wrote:
Damn, I mix 2 scoops in like 8 oz of water. I love the super-concentrated sweetness of it. Raspberry that is.[/quote]

Most people do love the flavor. They want to lift on off days just to justify drinking Surge!

[/quote]

Oh for sure. If Biotest made protein powder that matched the flavor of Raspberry Surge, I would be homeless. Or at least living in a shack made of empty protein powder bottles.

Chris I was wondering if I can combine one protein shake with the Surge after lifting, for some reason I can always get 5 shakes in but the 6th one is hard sometimes, would combining them interrupt something the Surge does? Thanks for all your advice!

[quote]djt3627 wrote:
Chris I was wondering if I can combine one protein shake with the Surge after lifting, for some reason I can always get 5 shakes in but the 6th one is hard sometimes, would combining them interrupt something the Surge does? Thanks for all your advice![/quote]

Yes, it would basically mess up what Surge is supposed to do. (Slow it down, thus killing the “surge” for which it’s named.)

If you truly feel full all day, then you may cut out 1 scoop of Metabolic Drive per day.