Biotest

Surge Pre Workout and BCAAs?

I get up by 4:00 and am at the gym 20 minutes later. My typical pre workout supplement program has been coffee and 10 grams of Biotest BCAA’s. I’m going to upgrade and try Surge pre workout.

I have read I can add creatine to the Surge but am wqondering about BCAA’s? Is it okay to add those or should I just sip the BCAAs ( another 10 grams) during the course of my workout?

Thanks is advance

[quote]jimg21 wrote:
I have read I can add creatine to the Surge but am wqondering about BCAA’s? Is it okay to add those or should I just sip the BCAAs ( another 10 grams) during the course of my workout?[/quote]
Not sure if you’re talking about Surge Recovery or the higher level Surge Workout Fuel. In either case, I’d say either one ranks somewhat above “just” BCAAs. If you’re having a serving of Surge pre-workout, then ideally you’d have another serving during the session instead of plain BCAAs.

Surge Workout Fuel already has a big dose of leucine added to it, and leucine is considered the “most important” of the BCAAs. Adding even more on top probably wouldn’t bring a significant difference.

But if you’re talking about Surge Recovery, which is like the most basic of the effective workout supps, then adding BCAAs would be fine. Last time I was using Surge Recovery, I added Biotest’s Leucine Peptides to sort of reinforce the formula, so you could do the BCAAs if you’ve got them, no prob. And creatine in either one would be fine.

Thanks for the advice, Chris. I was referring to Surge Workout Fuel.