Biotest

Surge Flavors

Hey all, I just started my V-Diet yesterday. It was pretty rough. I was so bloated at the gym, I felt like I could barely work out. When I got home, I went straight to the plan and drank my Surge Recovery drink. I have been working out for about a year and was morbidly obese when I started. I tend not to drink calories (at least before this diet) so my treats for drinks consisted of crystal light and diet soda.

I got the vanilla flavor of Surge and I felt like I was drinking liquid butter and sugar, along with a hint of cake mix flavor. I can hardly stand it. I had to just down it. My body is getting used to the shakes now and I actually feel pretty good halfway through day two. Anyone who has had similar experiences with the Surge or someone who uses a different flavor of Surge that they like, please let me know.

Thanks,
Andy

i hate vanilla. I’ve only had raspberry and its much better.

i’ve only tried chocolate and it’s awesome

I have had the original, raspberry and just recently tried a buddies vanilla. The vanilla made me gag. The original wasn’t bad at all. It tasted like angel food cake. The raspberry is awesome. I love it.

The funny thing is, my taste for Surge flavors constantly changes. Vanilla was my favorite especially during the V-Diet because it is the less sweetest flavor. It took some time until I liked it because it does not tast like you would a vanilla flavor expect to taste.

But now it’s chocolate.

Chocolate is my favorite.

I just tried Root Beer Float today - I was underwhelmed. Maybe it’ll grow on me.

I plan to try the Original Flavor next…or maybe Raspberry.

Okay just ordered the chocolate, I figure I can’t go wrong with that. As far as the shakes go, they ran out of the Grow! Whey so I had to get some of the Metabolic Drive protein powder. (The one with the least amount of carbs) so we will see how that tastes. I just finished day 3 of my V-Diet and I think I will have lost between 5-6lbs by tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. By the way, does anyone feel that less water with the shakes make them go down better? I am putting about 16oz water for 3 scoops(24oz recommended) and I just seem to be getting the shakes down easier. Anyone getting similar results or know if there are any negative affects to drinking less than the recommended water? I drink water all day long so I know my total water intake is fine.

[quote]akatz66 wrote:
Okay just ordered the chocolate, I figure I can’t go wrong with that. As far as the shakes go, they ran out of the Grow! Whey so I had to get some of the Metabolic Drive protein powder. (The one with the least amount of carbs) so we will see how that tastes. I just finished day 3 of my V-Diet and I think I will have lost between 5-6lbs by tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. By the way, does anyone feel that less water with the shakes make them go down better? I am putting about 16oz water for 3 scoops(24oz recommended) and I just seem to be getting the shakes down easier. Anyone getting similar results or know if there are any negative affects to drinking less than the recommended water? I drink water all day long so I know my total water intake is fine.

[/quote]

You don’t WANT Grow! Whey - you want Metabolic Drive (low carb). It has casein in it and will molify your hunger pains and prevent catabolism. Whey protein will be digested too quickly.

I have the vanilla also and I wanted to throw it away I couldnt stand it but I tried the rasberry and it was much better.

Rootbeer is awful tasting and more difficult to mix. I like the original and raspberry.

Interesting, I’ve been fighting my weight my whole life. I lost over 100lbs one other time in my life and did it the stupid starvation method with crazy workouts. I was one weak skinny son of a son when I was done. They actually had the Grow! Whey on back order so I ordered the Metabolic Drive. That should be here Wednesday. I already lost like 6 lbs the and im halfway through day 4! Thanks for the advice, will switch to the Metabolic Drive soon.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
akatz66 wrote:

You don’t WANT Grow! Whey - you want Metabolic Drive (low carb). It has casein in it and will molify your hunger pains and prevent catabolism. Whey protein will be digested too quickly.
[/quote]

I’ve only ever used chocolate, and it rocks.