Biotest

Supps Worth It for Older Guys?

I read this:
“There are definitely over-the-counter supplements designed for this very purpose. (Alpha Male® and Tribex® are the most potent.) And while effective, they’re best used by healthy younger men who want a boost in T levels for bodybuilding purposes.”

Source: https://www.t-nation.com/pharma/complete-guide-to-t-replacement

So, I’m 63 y/o trying to boost T levels and have been taking Alpha Male along with morning DHEA and bedtime Zn + Mg. Not much change. Am I wasting my time and money? I also use micro-PA but can’t tell much benefit but don’t use religiously.

At 63, it might be best to team up with a doctor to have some blood work done. If you’re currently using Alpha Male, it could make the results tricky. It would be ideal to have before and after numbers, but I suppose if your blood work came back with reasonable to higher levels of testosterone, something positive is happening. I love Alpha Male (I’m 31), but testosterone replacement therapy is a realistic conversation to have with your doctor.

With Micro-PA, regular use is going to yield the best results. If you only take it sporadically, it’s going to be tough to tell what’s happening.

Hope that helps!

I have worked with my PCP but he’s just selling T pellets (subcutaneous) basically. I don’t know how much he really understands hormone issues. Problem is, I have heard that HRT causes your body to stop producing it’s own T so don’t want to do that.

Have looked into endocrinologist but none local so I’m going to try my urologist on the 20th.

I’ve had blood work done many times before and after supp’s… but, again, may not be religious enough with supp’s to judge.

Thanks