Biotest

Supps for Military/Tactical Application?

Greetings, this is my first post so forgive me if I violate any unspoken rules of this forum.

Introduction: I’m 5’10, about 200 lbs, and have some mileage around my lower back and knees due to my previous service in the USMC infantry. I’m out of the military now and going to college, so I have tons of time to train. I don’t have a specific training program right now. I go to a local Crossfit affiliate 5 times a week. The WODs typically focus on strength/skill work for the first part then a METCON utilizing the strength/skills we worked on that day. For my weight, I fall into the intermediate-advanced range on most internet strength standard indexes. I can run miles without stopping, and I am generally proficient at moving and manipulating my bodyweight through spatial planes.

With that out of the way, let’s get to the main part:

I have decided to renter the military and go through the US ARMY’s Special Forces Selection course. To help me with my goal of successfully completion Selection, I will be following Military Athlete’s Special Forces training program.

The training program will focus on muscular and cardiovascular endurance with a pronounced emphasis on weighted ruck marches and runs. In the mean time, I will be refocusing my physical training on body weight endurance, running, and “functional” lifts like various squat, clean, overhead work, and pull ups, before it is time to begin the Military Athlete program.

I am pretty new to sport supplementation. Sure I have a couple of whey shakes a day, take some fish oil and zinc and that’s about it. I feel the various Biotest products will give me an extra edge on accomplishing my goal, so I am writing this in hoping that someone wouldn’t mind taking time out of the day to help me decide which Biotest supplements would complement training focusing on muscular and cardiovascular endurance.

Thank you in advance.

Very cool.

Yes, we think <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/surge-workout-fuel"target=“new”>Surge Workout Fuel would probably fit your needs best since it’s good for weight training and endurance work. Check it out.

[quote]Hammerheart wrote:
Greetings, this is my first post so forgive me if I violate any unspoken rules of this forum.

Introduction: I’m 5’10, about 200 lbs, and have some mileage around my lower back and knees due to my previous service in the USMC infantry. I’m out of the military now and going to college, so I have tons of time to train. I don’t have a specific training program right now. I go to a local Crossfit affiliate 5 times a week. The WODs typically focus on strength/skill work for the first part then a METCON utilizing the strength/skills we worked on that day. For my weight, I fall into the intermediate-advanced range on most internet strength standard indexes. I can run miles without stopping, and I am generally proficient at moving and manipulating my bodyweight through spatial planes.

With that out of the way, let’s get to the main part:

I have decided to renter the military and go through the US ARMY’s Special Forces Selection course. To help me with my goal of successfully completion Selection, I will be following Military Athlete’s Special Forces training program.

The training program will focus on muscular and cardiovascular endurance with a pronounced emphasis on weighted ruck marches and runs. In the mean time, I will be refocusing my physical training on body weight endurance, running, and “functional” lifts like various squat, clean, overhead work, and pull ups, before it is time to begin the Military Athlete program.

I am pretty new to sport supplementation. Sure I have a couple of whey shakes a day, take some fish oil and zinc and that’s about it. I feel the various Biotest products will give me an extra edge on accomplishing my goal, so I am writing this in hoping that someone wouldn’t mind taking time out of the day to help me decide which Biotest supplements would complement training focusing on muscular and cardiovascular endurance.

Thank you in advance.[/quote]

I believe that the US army conducted research on and subsequently used tyrosine for improving vigilance, stress response and cognitive performance so you might want to look into Power Drive.