Biotest

Supplements for Recovery

Nachum asks:

I am a full-time martial arts instructor and spend 30-hours plus a week teaching. I lift weights twice a week, usually short 25-minute sessions of pretty high intensity. My challenge is that fatigue from my weight-training can interfere with my martial arts.

I am seeking advice on what the best supplement would to recover from the weight training sessions. Would it be Surge® Recovery or Mag-10® or maybe both?

Surge Recovery would be a very solid bet, but that’s strictly for right around weight training. Because of how it works (spiking insulin to drive nutrients into the muscles), it’s not something you want other times of the day, like between meals, or before/after teaching a class.

Mag-10 would be more versatile, so you could use it around training, before/during class, or any time of day. So if it’s a choice between the two, I’d go with Mag-10.

Out of curiosity, what kind of martial arts do you teach? I did kenpo-jiujitsu for a ton of years. Actually met my wife while she was studying for her black belt.

Thanks Chris, I train in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu (Ninjutsu). I have been doing so for 26 years. I’m 48 so that is in the mix too, in terms of recovery ability.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.