Biotest

Supplementation for Different Types of Training

I have the supplementation down pat with regards to weight traing: Micro-PA, Indigo, Plazma, MAG-10.

My question is what’s the best protocol for different types of training? Conditioning type workouts (using circuits, prowlers, farmer walks), sprinting, MMA training, hockey,

I don’t know if plasma would be overkill for the conditioning workouts as their main purpose is more cardio based. However, weighted exercises are still used to a degree but I would say they are mainly training muscular endurance.

How about sprinting workouts, mma training, and hockey games? Plasma. Surge workout fuel, or just straight MAG-10?

My goal is to be strong, athletic, and look lean and muscular.

There’s overlap with many of these. For example, we’ve had ultra runners use Finibar, Plazma, and Mag-10 (using more water than called for in the Plazma). Though we might recommend Surge Workout Fuel for this also.

But generally speaking, for standard cardio/HIIT, we usually recommend Mag-10 to preserve muscle and fuel/boost performance. Though one could use Surge Workout Fuel in smaller amounts depending on the duration of the activity. My wife actually did a 10 mile race a couple of years ago using Finibar pre and Mag-10 at about mile 7. But Surge Workout Fuel alone would have done the trick too (this was before it was reformulated and relaunched.)

We’ve also had hockey players use Plazma, Mag-10, and Surge Workout Fuel. I think the latter is best for sports, but again, there’s overlap in effects and some people just have their own preferences. I’d stick to Mag-10 for post-game recovery and choose one of the others for pre and intra.

As a general rule, I suggest to use Plazma for hard weight training, Surge Workout Fuel for sports or as a “budget Plazma” if needed, and Mag-10 for shorter, intense conditioning work or in place of being fasted for standard cardio workouts.

I sometimes have some digestive issues if I take in too much Plazma, MAG-10 or a combo of the both in a short period of time. And by issues I mean it goes right through me. Have you heard of anyone having any gastro issues with any of the products and if so, is there is anything which may alleviate the issue?

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:
I sometimes have some digestive issues if I take in too much Plazma, MAG-10 or a combo of the both in a short period of time. And by issues I mean it goes right through me. Have you heard of anyone having any gastro issues with any of the products and if so, is there is anything which may alleviate the issue? [/quote]

Use more water than called for.