Biotest

Supplementation for College Football

Chris,

I’m getting ready for college football. I’m currently 5’8" 160 and I want to be 180 pounds. I’m also a slot receiver so I want to at least try to Maintain my speed and explosiveness while I’m putting this weight on, however my main goal for right now is to get bigger. I’ve been lifting three times a week. Lots of explosive lifts cleans, push jerks etc. followed by lot of antagonistic sets bench press with rows incline with pull ups etc.

I’m currently on Indigo-3G, Plazma, and Mag-10. I also just received my Finibars in the mail but haven’t started using them yet. I was wondering what is the best way for me to utilize these supplements to ache ive my goals. And how many calories, carbs and proteins should I be eating day in and day out?

I know on Indigo-3G I should be stuffing my face with carbs, but is there a particular number I should be reaching for or just as many as I can eat? Also I have a pretty high metabolism and don’t really maintain much fat

Good supplement choices. Exactly what we’d recommend for you in fact.

For <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma, simply follow the label on lifting days. For extra tough workouts or longer sessions, go with 3 full servings, one pre, two during. For shorter or less-intense sessions, or for budget reasons, do 1 and 1.

After lifting have a pulse of Mag-10, with another optional pulse an hour later. Mag-10 can also be pulsed in between meals, first thing in the AM or just before bed, on off-days or on-days. Very versatile supplement, so just experiment with a few protocols and see what you like best. Just keep that post-workout serving in there. It’s the most important.

You sound like one of those guys who can really pack in the quality carbs when on <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G: workout supps, bars, rice, potatoes, oatmeal etc. I usually tell people that 300g is minimum regardless of goals, but we’ve had people with similar goals to you far exceed that. 500g may be your number, counting the carbs in your workout nutrition supps.

We can’t tell exactly how many calories or macros you need. This is up to you to figure out. An easy way to do it is just watch the scale and the mirror, along with some tape measurements. If the numbers are going up you’re on the right track. You may be surprised how much you can eat. I like to advise those with your goals to simply keep adding food: weigh in and take a pic and measurements about once every two to three weeks. (Not daily, natural fluctuations will drive you nuts.) Keep adding until you see some fat being added – or more than you’re comfortable with – then back down a touch. Find that sweet spot that works for you. It’s best to overshoot then back down than to be guessing and going too low for optimal muscle gains. I don’t like counting calories myself, so just keep it practical and think in terms of portions. Increase portions and add extra meals as needed, always quality foods, no junk or minimal.

Finibars are good any time for you, but particularly 30 to 60 minutes pre-lifting. Most people on Indigo can just have them as snacks too.

Good shit thanks Chris in a different forum you said that the mag ten and Finibars could be taken together pre workout is this something that can be done on a regular basis with off day protein pulses as well?

You bet.