Biotest

Supplement Virgin Starts V-Diet

so, i just started the V-Diet today. i’m pretty much a supplement virgin, meaning that i’ve never taken supps on a regular basis…having said that, the thermogenic aid is kicking my ass…took the minimum dosage and feeling nauseous, shakey, and hot to the touch. im pretty hungry, but kinda scared to have my next shake for fear of what my stomach might do…haha. hopefully this is just an initial shock to caffeine/other ingredients and my body will work itself out.

anyway, i’m pretty excited for this diet…i’ve always been small and toned (and have never seen a huge change in my body from diet/exercise) so i’m anxious to see how my body reacts to this. also happy because i’ve been sluggish about working out lately and feel like this’ll be the kick in the pants i need to motivate myself.

day 1:
weight: 125
haven’t taken my measurements yet, will post them later tonight

alright. day 1 was a success…i’m still hungry, but no longer nauseous and just glad it’s over…peanut butter might be my new best friend :slight_smile:

measurements
weight: 124.6#
bf%: 22 (bi 5/tri 8/back 12/abs 12)
neck: 12.5"
chest: 31.75"
upper arm: 10.25"
lower arm: 9"
waist at bellybutton: 28/75"
hip at fullest part: 37.25"
thigh at fullest part: 20.25"
calf: 13"

what is your goal weight?

hey megafly, my goal weight is 115#. with my numbers right now, if i were to lose 9# of fat and hit 115, that would put me at 16% bf…the lowest ive ever been and a number that sounds pretty damn good :).

it might seem a smidge unrealistic to me, but i’m hoping the v-diet will at least get me a decent way toward that goal. healthy eating, longer workouts and the addition of cardio post-v-diet are what i hope will get me there if the v-diet doesn’t already.

on the plus side, i’ve NEVER dieted before. i’ve eaten healthily and exercised regularly, but i’ve never cut calories or anything like that; i’ve pretty much maintained a 2000-cal diet for as long as i can remember. so i’m hoping that this shocks my body into dropping fat quite well :slight_smile:

have you had success with the v-diet?

day 2

getting used to the shakes. my shake this morning (with the addition of flax) kinda tasted like chocolate oatmeal. perhaps the ability to fantasize is the ultimate tool for the V-Diet. think “hook”…where all the kids are sitting around the dinner table eating out of empty bowls but in their minds it’s a feast! :slight_smile: love that movie.

on a stranger note:
last night i fell asleep literally salivating to thoughts of what i was going to make for my HSM…haha, a little out of the ordinary. i then had a dream that i was at work and popped a jolly rancher into my mouth…halfway through eating it i exclaimed: “oh no! i’m not supposed to have solid food!” and spit it out. :slight_smile: guess i can expect a few more nights like that in the next month LOL.

so, today was great. i’m finding this to be much easier than anticipated (i’ll knock on wood it stays that way)…i think my problem when i’ve tried to change the way i eat in the past is that there are too many options…and, if left to me, i’m going to take the tastier one. the V-Diet cuts the crap…it’s either shake, or shake…no questions, no options, no failure. by the end of it all, i hope to have changed the way i look at food so i don’t make the same mistakes i’ve made in the past.

NEPA: 2.25 miles/32 min.
Workout: made up the one from yesterday (i was too afraid i was going to puke, being that my stomach was all queasy, to try it on schedule)…must lift heavier though.
weight: 123.8

I had the dreams about my HSMs too. The first week I actually tried savoring the fish oil burps… When you have dreams of eating a plate of steak and peppers, you gotta be doing something right.

It gets easier after the first week. And this diet really helped me with any bad dietary habits.

KEEP ON TRUCKIN! you foxy V-Dieter

so. yesterday my dad informed me that they started a pool at his work about two things: (1) how long before i passed out on this diet; and (2) how long i would last on this diet…my sister guessed 3 days. psh. not a chance…day 3 here i come!!!

feelin’ good today. not sure if it’s just my mind or if i’m actually starting to see changes, but i feel a little tighter…lil sis says my abs look more ripped…but ill attribute that to water loss, as i can’t get through a single session with a client without apologizing for needing to go the the bathroom before i “pee my pants” :slight_smile:

movin’ right along :slight_smile:

so day 4 started out pretty tough. woke up super sore, not really interested in having a shake. had the shake. not too bad.

what really got me today though is a bigger decision i’m having to make. i’m really emotional about it and i cried about it this morning. the first inkling i had after facing the problem was to go downstairs and have something to eat. literally, i was in the bathroom washing my face and some part of my body said “let’s go eat something, it’ll make us feel better”…funny…i didn’t do it, but i recognized that my emotions drive me to eat. it’s what i would have done had i not been on the v-diet…i even thought, then i’ll have a shake because that’s what i can eat. but it’s not time to, and i don’t need it, so i didn’t eat it…taught me a lot about emotional eating (and boredom eating, which gets me a lot).

dear jessica, only eat when you’re hungry :)how insightful. :slight_smile: go me!

anyway, maybe the number on the scale today will put a smile on my face :slight_smile:

good luck to all you v-dieters!..stay strong!

You’ll see the great results i’m sure. You should enter that pool that you’ll make it all the way and then take all their money at the end :slight_smile:

I haven’t V-Dieted myself yet (poor student).

weight: 121.1
wha wha wha whaaat! :slight_smile:

i want food though. i keep watching top chef…it’s torture.

so, i walked into the kitchen and saw a bag of half-eaten cheetohs. you’d swear my arm was not attached to my body (or under the control of my brain) because it was like an impulse i couldn’t control. i had the un-ignorable urge to reach out and grab the bag like i’ve never wanted to have something before…haha, like an itch i really needed to scratch. weird thing is, though, i only wanted one…i didn’t want the whole bag, just one…maybe to taste something other than chocolate!..haha…i resisted, but, again, i’m just having really weird reactions to food…lots to learn i guess!

day 5…here i come! :slight_smile:

so ive got a question. im going out in hollywood tomorrow night (no drinking) but i’m planning on getting my groove on quite a bit and being out pretty late. is there anyway i can prepare for this…maybe have a recovery shake before/after…that wont mess my day up completely? thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

glad to see you take the plunge… funny about the pool, i have something similar going on at work thru a bet with a coworker. you should ask if you can get in on that pool. your last question, i would just get the best answer from the horses mouth and ask shugs in his thread up top. i had a similar situation last week, i personally stuck to my normal schedule, and when i went out just had a few diet rockstars. oh, and stop watching top chef lol. at least for now.

[quote]jessica841 wrote:
so ive got a question. im going out in hollywood tomorrow night (no drinking) but i’m planning on getting my groove on quite a bit and being out pretty late. is there anyway i can prepare for this…maybe have a recovery shake before/after…that wont mess my day up completely? thanks for the help. :)[/quote]

I would take a shake before and just drink water or Diet Coke while out.

so, im gonna go with: last night was a success. went out with friends to dinner. drank water and watched them all eat burgers and mac and cheese. not fair. stuck to all my regular shakes, but took a baggie of peanuts out with me (instead of having peanut butter with my last shake) to hold me throughout the night. had nothing but water, except for one shot of crown…compliments of our bartender, who happened to be the actor who played adam banks in the mighty ducks. he bought us a round and took a shot with us, so how could i refuse?

feelin’ good today. hankerin’ for a meal and tonight’s the night! been thinking about roasted sweet potatoes, balsamic glazed protein of some kind, asparagus, salad…mmm, it all sounds so good i can’t pick what i want!!

day 6 SUCKED…all my shakes made me nauseous. when i had my HSM i could barely eat any of it, and it too made me sick to my stomach…which i guess is a good thing…if i had enjoyed it too much i’d be more tempted to quit this craziness :wink:

first V-burn challenge tomorrow.
high hopes for that.
hoping my stomach gets back to cooperating as well.

I got to ask , is the AVATAR picture of you ?

And is that a real Katana/Iaido ?

Curious Regards AndreP

hey andre…sorry to disappoint. that picture is of me, but that is definitely a plastic ninja sword of some kind…i was at a ninja themed house party. haha. now i feel lame! lol.

[quote]jessica841 wrote:
hey andre…sorry to disappoint. that picture is of me, but that is definitely a plastic ninja sword of some kind…i was at a ninja themed house party. haha. now i feel lame! lol.[/quote]

Thats totaly funny , but not lame :slight_smile:

How is the diet going for you , hope you will post some more on your progress and thoughts .

Kind regards AndreP