Biotest

Supplement Timing

im looking for some thoughts on some nutrition and supplements timing. Mostly around my morning sessions. I
coach from 6-7am
7am - metcon/skill work 30-45 mins
9-10 coach
3pm strength workout

I use MAG-10, Plazma, i3g. Am realy looking for suggestions for morning doses and meals.

Do you use 1 or 2 servings of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G per day? If once, a serving of Indigo-3G around 30 mins before breakfast. If two, the pre-breakfast serving and the pre-lifting serving at 3PM.

Meals: What are your goals? Do you need food suggestions? Do you have time for breakfast? Are you aiming to do your metcon work semi-fasted?

Metcon/skill work: Mag-10, 1 to 2 servings.

For your main lifting session at 3PM, take Indigo-3G at around 2:30, then your pre-load serving of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma at about 2:45. During the session, drink another 2 servings of Plazma. After training, roughly an hour after you finish the Plazma, have a serving of Mag-10. (Summary: follow the labels on each supplement.)

Thanks chris. My goals are still about loss 4% bf. Im 6’2" 255 about 16% bodyfat. For now bc of budget ill probably stick with 1 I3g dose a day. I typically bring breakfast with me to eat around 8 or 830. There are days when i do a upper body bodyweight program at
7 am
830am eat
10am metcon along the lines of predator conditioning
1230 lunch
330 strength

So help with where to put the food and the supplementation to best maximize them would be great. I own a a strength gym that we have recently added a crossfit affiliate to and i am competing now so its a new style for me that i am trying to adapt to and then get my members on also.
Thanks again.

First, forget the body fat percentages. Since these can easily be off 5-10% either direction, even with a qualified trainer using a caliper or doing it yourself (and especially with those faulty electronic scales), this makes it tricky to judge progress. My wife is doing a Figure show and was recently tested at 5 weeks out at 18% and then 8% a few hours later. Good thing she wasn’t using percentages as goals. Heck, you can wait a few hours, switch devices or pinch in a slightly different manner and magically either reach your goal or get 8% fatter. Tape measurements and photos are best.

You probably knew all that, but maybe others reading this didn’t, plus I just like to rant about that topic! :slight_smile:

One serving daily of Indigo-3G is great. Take that dose 30 minutes before your pre-load of Plazma and you’ll more than good to go.

Your meal schedule looks good and my post above should let you know when to use the supplements, unless I missed something specific?

Cool…thanks Chris. Yeah i agree with the bf stuff. Its right there with the scale. Rants are always fun.

Chris,
What would you suggest for the time between my wake up at 5am and my conditioning at 715am. This is the only spot where I am still unsure about. Goal being leaning out.

[quote]Deacon1981 wrote:
Chris,
What would you suggest for the time between my wake up at 5am and my conditioning at 715am. This is the only spot where I am still unsure about. Goal being leaning out.[/quote]

Why not have a Finibar during that time, then as CS said, MAG-10 for the conditioning.

Yeah that’s what my question was. Would a finibar take away from the semifasted state that where I’m trying to optimize fatloss

[quote]Deacon1981 wrote:
Yeah that’s what my question was. Would a finibar take away from the semifasted state that where Im trying to optimize fatloss[/quote]

Should be fine. Better to have some breakfast in you than have a perfect semi-fasted state. You’ll have a better conditioning session as well. Go in too underfed and you may be the “proper” semi-fasted state but then be lacking energy or intensity for the session. Another option would be a Mag-10 upon waking, then another for the session. That would still have you in the right zone, but keep energy up for the workout, plus you’d get the protein pulsing effect the Mag-10 page discusses.

Thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure I was taking full advantage of the money I am putting into these products. There’s no way Ill go back to any products. My wife is super bummed that she cant take MAG-10 right now while training because she is pregnant. She’s been more pissed about that than not being able to drink alcohol.

Im also hoping that we may get some look into the protocols you mentioned that CT is using with his CrossFit athletes. Being a CrossFit gym owner this is very intriquing and I really want to push my clients more towards products that I believe in than the products that just market to crossfatters because they blindly do anything that someone tells them is specifically designed by crossfatters for crossfatters.

Thanks for all the effort and the time you guys to take to answer all our crazy questions. Its absolutely what sets you apart from others besides your great products.