Biotest

Supplement Timing for GORUCK Challenge

I’m doing a GORUCK Challenge tomorrow night which lasts appx 12-13 hours. I have at my disposal: Plazma, MAG-10, Brain Candy, and FINiBARs. How should I stack those items to ensure optimal performance?

That’s an awesome challenge. (And some very cool backpacks as well.) As a rough guideline, we’d suggest taking a look at the protocol Tim Patterson designed for an ultra runner. This was for a 50 mile run with lots of elevation:

<font size=“3"font color=”#ffa800">JN, let’s start with this protocol and go from there. You should experience a substantial increase in work capacity, overall performance, and recovery rate. I have no doubt that we’ll get all of that done. To make sure that happens, I just need excellent feedback from you.

Plazma™ Protocol for Event
30 Min Prior to Event Finibar™ (2 bars), Indigo-3G® (6 capsules)
15 Min Prior to Event Plazma™ dose (600 ml)
During Event Plazma™ dose (600 ml) every 30 minutes
30 Min Post Event Mag-10® pulse (500 ml)
2 Hours Post Event Mag-10® pulse (500 ml)
Bedtime Mag-10® pulse (500 ml)
Plazma™ Formula Batching
Plazma™ 195 g
Water 1,800 ml Fill Level
Serving Size 600 ml (~20 fl oz)
Servings Made 3
Mixing Instructions

<font size=“3"font color=”#8888888">1. Pour 1,000 ml of cold water into a 2,000 ml Nalgene® bottle.

1. Pour 195 g of the Plazma™ formula into the cold water, secure the cap on the bottle, and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds, or until thoroughly mixed. If done correctly, the shaking will foam the contents of the bottle.

2. While the mixture is still foamed, pour in 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Biotest®t Intensified Liquid Flavoring and gently swirl the contents until thoroughly mixed. Allow the flavored mixture to clear the foam and form a semi-transparent liquid. The foam should clear within 60 seconds.

3. Add enough cold water to increase the fill volume to 1,800 ml and gently swirl the contents to mix thoroughly.

Now, my guess is you’d need a little less overall supplementation than that protocol since your challenge is slightly easier. (I hate to say “easier” but I believe the GORUCK is less taxing overall than a 50 mile run up a mountain, but I could be wrong.) Still, use this as a general guideline. And just have the <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/brain-candy"target=“new”>Brain Candy pre-event.