Biotest

Supplement Advice

Hey,

been trying to figure out which supplements on here would be best for me, been working out and gaining muscle, but i would like to lose some bodyfat still. I know your not here for step by step instructions just would like some true professional guidance about which supplement would be best for me to continue to notice muscle gains but also help lean.

thanks for any opinion, i could use it.

Without knowing your specific situation in more detail I can give only some general advice.

Most times, someone in what sounds roughly like your condition will get best results from supporting his workouts and focusing on their quality and amount, as well as improving diet. Don’t cut your calories too severely, as this would slow your metabolism. It’s better to train more than to cut calories too much.

Not knowing your budget also limits recommendations. If your budget makes it personally affordable, I’d support training with Plazma. If budget doesn’t allow that, Surge Recovery is excellent. We’ve learned quite a lot about timing of workout nutrients since the product’s introduction: the label recommendation is not the only way to use it. If using SR in place of Plazma as a less expensive alternate, I use it as 3 or 4 scoops into a relatively large volume of water and have a fraction of it before the workout, sip throughout, and have the final fraction at the end. If you don’t care for having a workout drink during your workout, then I’d have 2-3 scoops pre and 1 scoop post.

Even if wishing to cut, supporting your workout pays off: the carbs are not an issue.

If you have an issue where it’s harder for you to lose fat than it is for other people, or harder than it used to be for you (you didn’t mention your age) I’d strongly consider Indigo-3G if budget allows. If not, you can do very well with training, good workout support, and careful nutrition.

On the other hand, if you have all these things in hand pretty well alread and are looking for an edge on top of what you’re getting from good diet, good training, and good workout support, then I’d consider Carbolin 19-19.

sorry about that, i am 24 about 200 pounds 5’10’’ and currently have a 12%BF and am trying to lean out. my stomach and chest are the hardest thing for me to make lean and look good. i can see the definition in my arms back shoulders and even legs. i do not want to spend 200$ on supplements if it isnt going to show up if you know what i mean. i have wasted so much money on wasted stuff.

I was looking into Indigo 3g, MicroPA and Plazma or another form or protein, did not know if it mattered i take whey isolate protein now and thats all

diet is pretty good i impressed myself

would it be recommended to take Indigo 3g, SR, and Carbolin 19 or cycle.

It sounds like you’re finding 12% something of a sticking point?

In that case, if choosing one product it would be Indigo-3G. This is because when the sticking point is up there, instead of below 10%, it’s likely that there’s a metabolic problem holding the fat loss back, creating a setpoint that’s difficult to get past.

I would save the Carbolin 19-19 as a followup product if wanting to go further than what will probably get fairly easily with Indigo-3G.

If the time and interest are there to ramp up training volume, then I’d include Plazma. If training is not that intensive and there’s a reason to keep it that way (for example time pressures) then you could use simpler and less expensive workout nutrition such as Surge Recovery.

ya been stuck at this for awhile, so trying to find a way to make the change and improve myself better

On training, about how much are you currently doing, and how are you doing it?

Christian Thibaudeau’s article today is really excellent. I’m sure the selection of exercises and specific recommendations are very good, but obviously I haven’t tried the specific routine yet as I only read it just now. What I’m particularly recommending the article for is the discussion of volume, of time under tension (duration of the sets: 8 reps banged out in 16 seconds is very different from 8 reps over 45 seconds with tension never being lost) and for why this gives special growth effects.

It also gives metabolic changes, better ability for the muscle to burn fats and utilize carbs.

So the article provides concepts that carry over to other bodyparts besides just shoulders.

If your training volume is light and the work is not very intensive, the sticking point might be fixed just with training. I would aim for a training overhaul first if that’s the case.

If your training is pretty much on and this sticking point remains, then I’d try the above, and also see how training could become more intensive due to the support.

I train probably about 3-4 days a week, and i get my workouts off of here or i get sent some from one of my friends who works as a strength and conditioning coach. my reps are 3 or 5 and go 10,12,15 or 8,8,10,10,12. I do them at high intensity trying to keep the heart rate up to help lose weight.

i was looking for that article have not found it yet, but am still looking into.

any idea when Indigo3g is going to be back or if i should go another route until that comes in

[quote]afrazier8 wrote:
I train probably about 3-4 days a week, and i get my workouts off of here or i get sent some from one of my friends who works as a strength and conditioning coach. my reps are 3 or 5 and go 10,12,15 or 8,8,10,10,12. I do them at high intensity trying to keep the heart rate up to help lose weight.

i was looking for that article have not found it yet, but am still looking into.

any idea when Indigo3g is going to be back or if i should go another route until that comes in[/quote]

IMO, you should wait until I3G is back in stock.

Indigo-3G ALL THE WAY! Team Indigo-3G! Man if they had Indigo-3G shirts I’d buy them immediately because that product changed my physiology.

Yes I was wondering if someone could help or guide an old man here. Was I to serious bodybuilding many years ago. The life took over but never gave up the desire to get back into serious lifting. I am currently 60 years old and am enjoying being back into lifting. Had laser surgery on lower back last December. Outcome so far has been good what I am looking for is some good supplements to help me and also some advice about workout routines. I am not scared to workout hard when I can. Some at the gym just watch as I do my routine. Any help you can give would be great
P

That’s awesome that you’re getting back into lifting, @ballewsk.

Do you have a current goal? Or just to get back into the gym regularly and seriously? Knowing what you’re trying to accomplish will help us recommend a training program and nutritional/supplementation plan.

I have been working out for a couple of years. I had to stop because of back issues which were taken care of with surgery about 8 months ago. I started back a few months ago slowly. I want to bulk some and just get back into good shape. Thanks for asking.

I forgot to add that I am also trying to eliminate some excess flab on the stomach. This is probably the most frustrating thing.