Biotest

Supp to Help with Strength and Weight Loss?

Hi, I’m new to this forum and to the long list of supplements available by Biotest. I was reading an article on this site and purchased the BCAA Structured Peptides hoping it will help with recovery.

A little about myself I’m obese 290lbs 5’10" 30 years old and only started doing strength training (Starting Strength Rippetoe program) about 6 months ago. I did get some decent novice gains and then after hitting a wall I started to drift and complicated my workouts with too much fluff. I now have decided that the Starting Strength program is what helped me the most so I’m dedicated to getting back into it this time with some supplements to help out with both fat loss and strength gains.

My question is after reading a little more about the Indigo-3g I’m thinking that maybe that was the supplement that would help me more than the BCAA Structured Peptides. I’m looking for some direction. Is the BCAA going to help me with recovery and the fat loss. Or should I not have bought the BCAA first and tried the Indigo-3g instead? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you Andy

Welcome to T-Nation, pzimmerman1!

Many would say that your goals – fat loss and strength gain – are opposing. That can be true, but if you’re fairly new to proper lifting and you get your diet in order, you can easily experience both.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G would be your best overall choice. While it’s not a “fat burner” it does repair the underlying issues that cause fat gain, such as poor nutrient repartitioning and fat cell dysfunction. Basically, many people store just about everything they eat as body fat instead of “sending” those nutrients to muscle. Indigo-3G allows for proper nutrient repartitioning toward muscle and strength gains, while at the same time discouraging the storage of body fat. We’ve had at least two or three Indigo-3G users lose over 100 pounds of fat while also building strength. One even competes in powerlifting.

BCAA is still great to use around your workout session. Ideally, once you’re training very hard, you’d choose a workout nutrition drink such as Plazma or Mag-10. But our BCAA is fine for now.

All this said, you do have to improve your diet and remove the obvious daily junk food. We have some Indigo-3G eating guidelines here: <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo-3G Carb Guide.

This doesn’t mean you need to “go on a diet” or cut out all carbs. Indigo-3G works better with adequate carb intake, but obviously soda, booze, kid’s cereal, and fast food isn’t an optimal source of carbohydrates.

If you choose Indigo-3G, you’ll be able to start a log and we’d be glad to help you optimize your nutrition to get the most out of it.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Welcome to T-Nation, pzimmerman1!

Many would say that your goals – fat loss and strength gain – are opposing. That can be true, but if you’re fairly new to proper lifting and you get your diet in order, you can easily experience both.

<a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G would be your best overall choice. While it’s not a “fat burner” it does repair the underlying issues that cause fat gain, such as poor nutrient repartitioning and fat cell dysfunction. Basically, many people store just about everything they eat as body fat instead of “sending” those nutrients to muscle. Indigo-3G allows for proper nutrient repartitioning toward muscle and strength gains, while at the same time discouraging the storage of body fat. We’ve had at least two or three Indigo-3G users lose over 100 pounds of fat while also building strength. One even competes in powerlifting.

BCAA is still great to use around your workout session. Ideally, once you’re training very hard, you’d choose a workout nutrition drink such as Plazma or MAG-10. But our BCAA is fine for now.

All this said, you do have to improve your diet and remove the obvious daily junk food. We have some Indigo-3G eating guidelines here: <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo-3G Carb Guide.

This doesn’t mean you need to “go on a diet” or cut out all carbs. Indigo-3G works better with adequate carb intake, but obviously soda, booze, kid’s cereal, and fast food isn’t an optimal source of carbohydrates.

If you choose Indigo-3G, you’ll be able to start a log and we’d be glad to help you optimize your nutrition to get the most out of it.
[/quote]

Thank you very much! I think I jumped the gun and bought the BCAA to quickly should have done more research. Thank you for your time.