Biotest

Superfood and Any Reason to Avoid Specific Foods?

Hi, is there any reason when taking superfood to avoid drinking green tea or coffee or eating anything else that is already in it like broccoli to avoid overdoing it ? I know there has been some cases of people screwing up their liver function taking too much green tea extract.

Thanks

Mike F

Nope. There’s not really such thing as having “too many” fruits and veggies, and that’s fundamentally what Superfood is - an easy way to get the benefits of a bunch of fruits/veg. Many people use Superfood as “nutritional insurance” if their diet lacks fruits and veg. But even people who eat them with every meal could use 1-2 scoops a day to benefit from the nutritional variety.

[quote=“jeep7588, post:1, topic:6725”]
I know there has been some cases of people screwing up their liver function taking too much green tea extract.[/quote]
Taking green tea extract isn’t comparable because Superfood isn’t really a fruit/veg “extract” as if the key nutrients have been extracted out of the whole food. It’s freeze-dried, dehydrated fruits/veg. In your example, it’d be like people drinking enough green tea to cause liver damage which would be, of course, a lot.

Thanks that was extremely clarifying and helpful.

My dad recently died of pancreatic cancer so I’m being extra careful. I used to use one or two moderate caffeine energy drinks and have switched to one standard coffee mug of black coffee and 2 or 3 cups of green tea instead. I’ve always been known as a health but but now I’m certfiable.

I also have a question on the use of rhodiola I got a bottle of it to help w stress and get over the remnants of a cold. It says 5 days on two days off. So how long do you do that for ? For example do you follow that for 3 weeks or 4 weeks etc.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.