Biotest

Stumbled Upon This V-Diet and Now It's Time

Hello V-Dieters!
I stumbled upon this diet and forum and would like to try it out, but I’m not sure where or how?
It seems there’s a manual of sort…where do I get that?
Also, where do I get the protein needed, again there seems to be a certain type. Biotest?

I’ll be 64 in a couple of weeks, but I have been going to the gym about 3x week just to keep some muscle, but I know I’m overweight!
I’m 5’11" and weigh about 215…last time I checked, so with my age would this be a good thing or too much?

I plan on starting this on Feb 1 since there’s only 28 days in Feb it works out great as a timeline.
Another question, with the amount of protein, could it be harmful to the kidneys? So I’ve heard.

Also, what do you V-Dieters do once you’re done with the diet?
Is there a meal plan you all follow when the diet is over?
Is there an exercise plan to follow, or do I keep doing as I do?
How do you maintain your achievements?

Sorry for all the questions, but I’m just trying to get all my ducks in a row before I shoot them down one at a time…all 28 of them!
Thank you!

Awesome! You can download the free Velocity Diet ebook here. It covers everything you need to know to get going and have a successful Velocity Diet.

It is highly recommended to use Biotest’s Metabolic Drive for your protein, as the diet was designed around its properties.

There is a convenient Velocity Diet supplement package that provides everything you need. Unfortunately, it appears to be out of stock at the moment, but I’m guessing that might be due to the fact that Plazma is currently out of stock (I did read in another thread that it should be restocked shortly).

Also, there’s no need to worry about starting fight with your kidneys over a high-protein diet.

I haven’t done the Velocity Diet in years, but I would check out The Green Faces Diet for after the transition. It’s very straightforward and effective. (@Chris_Colucci, you can tell me to stuff it if you have a better recommendation!)

I would probably continue on with lifting three days a week, too. Chad Waterbury has several three-day-a-week programs to choose from.

Hope this helps get you going!

Yes the supplement package is out of stock right now, but I was told it should be back sometime this week…even got a discount code…cool!
I also found the ebook download and read through that the workout seems to be light, but I’ll see how it goes. I’ve been doing 100 reps with at least one exercise per body part, usually took between 5-6 sets depending on the exercise. However, I only did that for 2 weeks, so excited to see how this goes for 28 days.
Thank you for the info!

Hi! I’m halfway through the diet now and would like to give some pointers.

1. Get at least 2 shaker cups, one for plasma/superfood and one for metabolic drive. The creamy flavor affects the smell of the cups and doesn’t go well with the clear shakes.
  2. Get rid of any potentially derailing foods if possible and stock up on foods for the healthy solid meal. I got frozen everything and a big bag of potatoes. It’s easy when it’s all automatic.
  3. Put a motivating picture on the fridge, so you have to see it every time you open the door to “check” out of habit.
  4. Just push through the first week. It’s brutal and there’s no other way to put it. Try not to plan anything important in the first week either. Keep yourself distracted and make a routine. But something magical happens around Day 10-12.
  5. Keep a log on here. Updating the log has been a major key for me.
  6. The workouts are harder than they appear, in a good way. I could definitely see myself doing the workout program in the future.
1 Like

Age isn’t a factor on the diet. If you’ve been training a bit already and are in charge of your own food, then you can do it. I’m sure some “older” people have done it throughout the years.

Nope, that’s a myth based on a misunderstanding of how the body works. This talks about how it actually works: https://biotest.t-nation.com/articles/the-effects-of-eating-truckloads-of-protein

In a nutshell, one job of the kidneys is filter protein, so more protein means more work. That’s not a bad thing. Kinda like how, exercise makes your heart beat faster… it’s simply more work, that’s not a bad thing.

Trouble only happens if you have pre-existing kidney issues. Just like, again, if you have a bad heart, then running a marathon isn’t the best idea - but the marathon doesn’t damage the heart because it was already damaged to begin with.

After the diet, the most common way to “transition” out is to gradually add more solid meals in place of the shakes until you’re back to a new-normal eating plan (as opposed to the kind of eating that made you need the diet in the first place).

Green Faces is one good choice, thanks for the hat tip, @SBT. It’s super-simple to follow, is sustainable, and is low-carb. You could also do a very simple form of carb cycling if you decided to bring more carbs back into your life. This is one pretty easy way to do that: https://biotest.t-nation.com/articles/the-simple-carb-cycling-diet

By keeping the momentum going and following the habits you build during the Velocity Diet. The daily “HSM” helps to reprogram your brain (and taste buds) into making better food choices, and that’s something you can totally maintain afterwards. Not just for one meal a day, but pretty much indefinitely.

It seems to be back in stock now. Go for it. Like Schwa said, definitely start a log to keep track, to stay accountable, and to troubleshoot any questions along the way.

I just purchased my packet of the V Diet!
Looking over the measurements, when you measure the upper arms are you measuring the biceps? Flexed or relaxed?
Upper leg, how far up my leg? Flexed or relaxed?
And for hips, is that just below my waist line or my waist line?
I found the Green Faces diet, sounds interesting, seems like a keto diet.
I take it cheese is not on this diet?
Thanks again for your help…looking forward to February 01, 2021!

What is Green Faces?
Sounds like too much veggies!LOL!!
So for the HSM, is it basically protein and veggies and no carbs…maybe a little rice?
Now what about my current supplements/vitamins, do I stop taking them?
Basically I’m taking Zinc, Magnesium, Vit-C, D3, E, NAC, Super B Complex, Ashwagandha, Turmeric/Curcumin Complex, CoQ10, Fish Oil and Olive Oil.

Thank you for all the advice/suggestions!

Nope. Like the manual explains, “This is not a “cheat” meal. It should consist of a lean protein source, vegetables, and a healthy carb.”

There’s no reason to cut carbs from the HSM, and doing so may actually backfire by making the diet lower-carb than intended which can affect adherence (not to mention energy and recovery).

Fish oil is part of the plan already, so take that into account. And I’d drop the olive oil as a “supplement”. Using some to cook with is one thing, deliberately taking it on its own is something very different. All the other supps are no problem.

What about the measurements?
Do I take them with my arms/legs relaxed or flexed?
And what is wrong/bad about taking Olive Oil?
From what I’ve read it is supposedly be good to take 1-2 tablespoons a day on an empty stomach.

Well I got my package of supps for the V-Diet, which I’ll start on Feb 01.
Yesterday, I thought I would get a head start on the exercise program and at least find my rm weight. I’m doing the beginner, as I’m kind of in between beginner and intermediate.
I must say the work out is not as easy as it seems due to the minimal rest periods.
Keeping it to 40 seconds between sets and exercises (I know it should be 45sec) the workout had me puffing, and today I’m hurting!!
Looking forward to 02/01/21.

Whichever you’ll be consistent with, but flexed will pretty much always give you a more accurate reading. Kinda hard to get a relaxed measurement of arms/legs.

The calories. Two tablespoons of olive oil is a few more calories than a Metabolic Drive shake.

Ha, agreed. Everyone seems to say that about Waterbury programs. He’s an evil genius.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.