Biotest

Strength Gains with Micro-PA

Ok what is everybody’s experience in strength gains using Micro-PA? I’m doing a powerlifting meet in a about a month and I was thinking about getting a bottle of Micro-PA for strength and power gains before the meet-the last 20 days. I’m training hard and smart so any drug-free, approved supplement like Micro-PA that works would be great.
Please advise. I have read some of the threads and seen people like Micro-PA but I’m not going for size.

Feedback from higher level lifters

My strength had been consistently going up (not blown out of proportion OMG I’m on dat dianobol type gains though, obviously, subtle but noticeable, reminds me of arachidonic acid supplementation minus the inflammation/DOMS).

Thanks kissdadookie(that name cracks me up). I do like arachidonic acid and the strength gains. When you say subtle can you be somewhat exact? Did you put on 5 lbs on your bench max, squat, dead, OHP, etc or what percentage did you gain? Or was it a slightly greater increase in your maxes. Many posts describe getting more reps with a weight on Micro-Pa but that is quite different from doing a competition lift or comp PR.
Also, how many servings a day do you use and before or after training?

Ive noticed being able to take jumps in weight and the heavier weights being easier BUT I am unsure if I should blame plazma or MPA for this. Honestly both supps together have been great. I thought at the weights Im currently using a 20lb jump in a day, as per the program Thibs designed, was going to be “rough” but it was like the weight was still 20lbs left. I find that I could probably knock out more reps but Ive been sticking to the program to a T because Im running 2-a-days at the moment. Different than PL, I know, but still ive been able to throw weights around I haven’t touched in a while. Especially in DL/BS/BP.

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Thanks kissdadookie(that name cracks me up). I do like arachidonic acid and the strength gains. When you say subtle can you be somewhat exact? Did you put on 5 lbs on your bench max, squat, dead, OHP, etc or what percentage did you gain? Or was it a slightly greater increase in your maxes. Many posts describe getting more reps with a weight on Micro-Pa but that is quite different from doing a competition lift or comp PR.
Also, how many servings a day do you use and before or after training?[/quote]

I was chasing 80s on db flat bench for a long while, close to 2 months. Prior to that, I was able to put those up for 3. Used Micro-PA for awhile and then one day those effers just went up. Then I tempted fate once a week after that and them effers just went up for another rep more than the week prior. That’s been continuing for the past few weeks. Overall I’ve been gaining more reps here and there much like how I typically start gaining reps/strength at the halfway point of an ArA run. So this occurred whilst on the first Micro-PA bottle so IMO the stuff works quicker than ArA did, minus the inflammation/DOMS.

All in all, comparing PA to ArA, I would say that it’s comparable to my first ArA run where I ran it @ 1 gram daily on both lift and non-lift days. It’s thus far better than my second ArA run which I ran at 1.5 grams + LCLT + glycerol lift days only. Also never had out of the ordinary muscle fullness with ArA but PA definitely provided some noticeable muscle fullness and density along with a scale weight increase early on by around 3 lbs and then that stopped, so I’m guess the scale weight increase is due to better glycogen retention rather than 3 lbs of newly formed muscle fibers.

I also don’t know what my 1RM is for any lift, I usually just gauge it by whatever I can do for only 2-3 reps being the max and what I aim to work on improving.

Thank you for your input hipsr4runnin and kissdadookie. I am inferring from what you both wrote that there may be a carry over to strength and power so my curiosity is peaked. I’m contemplating adding a bottle of the MPA to my regimen for the last 20 days leading up to the powerlifting meet I may competed in next month.

I will certainly post here with my findings how the MPA affects my strength and/or power levels. I hope there are more contributors on this thread to add experience and insight. Anything else you can add regarding strength increases with the MPA is greatly appreciated.

I’ve been adding 1 rep to the 80s on db flat bench for the past 3 weeks or so, this morning I’ve added 2 reps to it. So strength is still going up and it’s coming close to the time for testing out 85s :smiley: At this rate, I’ll hit the 90s before the summer is over (I was originally assuming that hitting the 90s would have taken probably to early fall to hit, seems like I might blow past it!).

Thanks for the input kissadadookie. Please keep giving me details so that I can track your results and make a decision on whether to buy MPA.

I went through two bottles of it. I started back on 5/3/1 when i took it, so i haven’t actually tested my maxes in a while, but i was defnitely putting up big numbers on my PR sets… like, “HOLY SHIT I GOT 12 REPS WITH THAT WEIGHT?!” big.

Thanks for the input kissadadookie. Please keep giving me details so that I can track your results and make a decision on whether to buy MPA.[/quote]

Well, I’ve hit 7 good reps with the 80s for db flat bench. That’s a gain of 1 rep per week with the third week a gain of 2 reps. I’ve now made the 80s part of my higher rep days. I can get it up for 8 or 9 if I forced out the last 1-2 reps but I like keeping a little bit in the tank in favour of hitting more total volume. My overall volume for everything has also gone up consistently.

Sunday when it’s my lower rep/heavier weights push pull day, I’m going to make an attempt at the 85s for db flat bench which I feel like shouldn’t be a problem at this point. IMO the progress I’m making in strength has been considerably fluid and quick relative to my usual rate of progression.

[quote]boswick wrote:
I went through two bottles of it. I started back on 5/3/1 when i took it, so i haven’t actually tested my maxes in a while, but i was defnitely putting up big numbers on my PR sets… like, “HOLY SHIT I GOT 12 REPS WITH THAT WEIGHT?!” big. [/quote]

This has also been the case for me.

I started taking Micro-PA after my show this year and by the end of the first bottle I made PR’s in my dead lifts and squats… I added 10lbs to my DL and 20lbs to my squat. I’m always surprised that I’m lifting my old max weights for reps now, before taking micro-pa I thought I’d be stuck with a 225lb squat forever!

Thank you Bron Sapir, that’s exactly the kind of info I am looking for. Boswick, Usmccds423, and kissdadookie thanks and keep it coming. I still have a few days left before the meet and I am wondering I am starting to think I will add the Micro-PA with the other supplements I am taking to try for a big boost. I believe the various supplements work by different pathways so they will complement each other.

Thank you Bron Sapir, that’s exactly the kind of info I am looking for. Boswick, Usmccds423, and kissdadookie thanks and keep it coming. I still have a few days left before the meet and I am wondering I am starting to think I will add the Micro-PA with the other supplements I am taking to try for a big boost. I believe the various supplements work by different pathways so they will complement each other.[/quote]

For sure! I think you’ll like the results… These strength gains that I mentioned can be credited to the use of Micro-PA specifically because I didn’t add anything else to my existing supplementation at that time. Before I started the Micro-PA I was already regularly using the Plazma, MAG-10 and Indigo-3G. After being pregnant with my second son, I made an amazingly fast recovery and gained all of my strength back and MORE by using this combo.

My husband (Amit Sapir) uses the Micro-PA religiously as well and continues to have great results from it. He used it all the way through his prep for his bodybuilding shows and as he progressed towards show date he didn’t lose strength like he normally would when his body fat is reduced.

I should also mention that one of my training partners who also uses the Micro-PA has made significant increases in her lifts in the last month… If I remember correctly, she added about 20lbs to her squat and dead lift in just 4 weeks.

Bron-Thanks for more input regarding your husband and friend with the MPA.

I bothered to measure my arms last night. They are back to their original sizes pre-cut but I’m leaner now than I was then, so they’ve recently gained some size.

Reads like you’ve added some lean mass kissdadookie.

Reads like you’ve added some lean mass kissdadookie.[/quote]

Logic would suggest so, lol :smiley:

Didn’t grow overnight though of course. It happened during the first 2 bottles (currently on my third).

Attempted 85s for db flat bench 5 days ago, failed 3 times which I then gave up on and continued on with a bad mood :stuck_out_tongue:

This morning, effers went up for 4 reps on the first go. Granted I currently also running HMB-FA but the MOA for that is recovery rather than being an anabolic. So this would suggest that there’s a good synergistic effect here (HMB-FA improving my recovery allowing me to hit it harder whilst Micro-PA amplifies the anabolic response I am getting from my training).

I incorporate HMB into my supp regimen everday and I think it works well in conjunction with many things. Current dose of PA is at 2400 mg per day and I think it is helping me to add quality weight and perhaps some strength.