Biotest

Stoner's V-Diet Log

Turning 39 at the end of the month and 40 is freakin’ me out a bit. I have been training for the last year and have made some improvements but NOT enough. My trainer told me about the V-Diet program so I figured I’d give it a shot. I feel as if I am in a race against the clock and extreme in some ways is much easier for me than not. I am making the commitment to give it all I can and hoping at the end, it will have long lasting effects that I can carry forward and build on. I am psyched!

My current measurements:

April 18, 2010

Height - 68
Weight - 195
Neck - 16.5
Shoulders - 22.5
Chest - Upper - 42.75
Chest - Lower - 40.75
Waist - at Navel - 40.5
Waist - at largest - 40.5
Hips - at largest - 37.25
Upper Arm - L - 14.5
Upper Arm - R - 14.75
Upper Leg - L - 23.5
Upper Leg - R - 24
Lower Leg - L - 15
Lower Leg - R - 15.5
Ankle - L - 9
Ankle - R - 9.25

Good luck!

Thank you sir. I really appreciate that.

Day One.

Today has gone very well. As of now, I have stuck to the diet. Had a little delay on mid-afternoon meal, I was working out so finished it about an hour later than I should have. I have to say, the raspberry Surge is in my top 5 nastiest things ever put in my mouth. All other shakes have been good…I think the Surge is just too sweet or something??? Maybe I need a different flavor…but enough crying about that…I got thru it. I am NOT hungry at all. Question though, when is everyone taking their HOT-ROX? It’s to be taken on an empty stomach so I’m not sure when to fit it in…I took a dose b4 lunch…not exactly on an empty stomach for long. Also, it contains caffine so I dont want it at night??? Suggestions/Thoughts?

Got thru the beginner workout in about 38 minutes. Burned about 450 calories according to my Nike watch. Did 2 miles walking at 4 mph (kept in zone 2 on the Nike Watch) after my Zurge drink. Had some challenges today trying to adjust from working with heavier weights and less reps to the V-Diet workout that calls for 40 reps medium load…had to adjust the weight several times between sets so that I could complete the 40. I will have a better idea where to start next time.

Today’s Workout Stats:

Dumbbell Squat - All @ 60lbs (will increase next time)
4 sets to complete 40 reps - 15/10/10/5

Dumbbell Bench Press
7 sets to complete 40 reps - 55lbs/12/4, 50lbs/4, 35lbs/8/5/5/3 (Had to adjust the dumbbell weights here to complete)

Bent-Over-Row - barbell
3 sets to complete 40 reps - 85lbs/20, 105lbs/10/10 (I think the 105 is a good starting point for next time)

Plank
2 sets - 45 seconds/36 seconds (have to work on this one) What does everyone else do for plank? How many sets?

Good day today, just cardio tomorrow…can’t wait 'til wednesday’s workout.

Great documentation of your workout. Keep up the good work with the diet!

[quote]Jason Stoner wrote:
Today’s Workout Stats:

Dumbbell Squat - All @ 60lbs (will increase next time)
4 sets to complete 40 reps - 15/10/10/5

Dumbbell Bench Press
7 sets to complete 40 reps - 55lbs/12/4, 50lbs/4, 35lbs/8/5/5/3 (Had to adjust the dumbbell weights here to complete)

Bent-Over-Row - barbell
3 sets to complete 40 reps - 85lbs/20, 105lbs/10/10 (I think the 105 is a good starting point for next time)

Plank
2 sets - 45 seconds/36 seconds (have to work on this one) What does everyone else do for plank? How many sets?

Good day today, just cardio tomorrow…can’t wait 'til wednesday’s workout.
[/quote]

Great workout but you need to take a specific look at the load/rep max. For the beginner training you should be using weight that you can only lift 8-9 REPS MAX. (as per the instructions)

Example: When your doing Bent-Over Rows 85lbs for 20 reps is way too light. You should bump it up to 115lbs and knock out 8-9 solid reps and take as many sets as you need to complete the 40 reps. Or 105lbs for (5 sets of 8 reps) if you doing want to burn out so fast and keep you rep count in the 5-9 range.

As far as the Surge… i think the raspberry flavor is too sweet as well. Try mixing each scoop into 16oz of water next time. BTW the Vanilla is amazing!!!

Food for thought!

Crap, thanks dude. I totally mis-understood. Well, at least I did 40 of each. I will have a better understanding of what weight to use next time. I have been working with a trainer over the last few months and lifting heavier weights and much lower reps so this concept was much different. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, Im gonna have to order that Vanilla. Today is going good too…I’m not really hungry at all…but, my normal days typically consists of 3 or 4 rockstars only 'til about 3pm…directly responsible for this gut Im sure. Have not had an energy drink since I started because they have calories…may take two HOT-ROX today to get that energy level…although, I’m not as sluggish as I thought I would be…actually not really at all.

I will post the stats from my cardio later today…so far (day 2 LOL) followed to the letter. Old man wants to see results!

Oh, again thanks for actually reading my post and lending your advise…I really appreciate it.

Day Two.

Today has been great. Second day and going strong on all the liquids…NOT one cheat moment, however, if the kids bake frozen pizza again they are gonna turn up missing. Feel a little soreness in my legs from the squats and a little in my chest from the presses yesterday…love it. I always worry when I don’t feel a workout afterwards.

Decided to add some distance and time to my cardio today since I had no workout…walked a little further and longer. Posted my Nike+ Pic.

Figured I would take two HOT-ROX today and did so b4 breakfast and b4 lunch.

Can’t wait 'til tomorrows workout…Good stuff.

Oh and, does the chocolate shake remind anyone else of the popcorn jelly belly flavor?? LOL

Stoner

C’mon. Lets get that hood painted. LOL.

Funny, man…Yeah im trying to fix up this 1971 clunker. Got some bondo but need the hood painted. You got me started on this thing so words of encouragement is good. Let me know if you wanna donate some training sessions.

Looks good so far---- Keep up the motivation and you will love the changes you see.

Day 3.

Man, this is actually getting better. I am stoked.

Diet is going flawless…no cheat.

Completed Beginner Workout #2. Played around a little with the weights today but much better than the first workout…thanks to JR…thanks man.

Workout duration: 1:08 burned 805 calories (Nike watch) Zone 1: 25:16 Zone 2: 31:59 Zone 3: 2:42 Zone 4: 2:26 My heart was pumpin’ took a little more time than I wanted…people kept approaching me and wanted to chat.

Romanian Deadlift (my favorite…NOT) - 225lbs/9/9, 295lbs/9/9, 300lbs/4
Lat Pulldown (underhand) - 105lbs/9, 110lbs/9, 117.5lbs/9/9, 125lbs/4 Had to play with the weights here to adjust…better next time.
Standing Shoulder Press - used barbell (my shoulders are my weakest point) 65lbs/9, 75lbs/9/9/9/6 Need to raise weight next time.
Side Plank - these planks are freakin’ tough but I like it. Left 45/38 seconds Right 45/40 seconds

Surge is still nasty…even with more water. Gotta order Vanilla. And while I am thinking about it, what does everyone else take on HOT-ROX in a day and when? Also, I am finding it hard to eat my afternoon meal due to the after workout surge so I have been adjusting it to about an hour later which pushes all my meals back an hour or so…thoughts?

Will post today’s cardio results in a bit…

Good cardio day…2 miles 30:31 424 calories - Zone 1: 0:45 Zone 2: 16:55 Zone 3: 9:55 Zone 4: 2:56. It was warmer out so my 4mph walk got me into zone 3 & 4 a bit.

Sure you got those deadlift numbers right? Seems about 100lbs heavier than you have done before. Remember you should feel the stiff legged deads in you legs and butt. Good form.

Sure you got those deadlift numbers right? Seems about 100lbs heavy than you have done before. Remember you should feel the stiff legged deads in you legs and butt. Good form

Thanks Landon. I went back and looked at this and you are correct. I did Rack deads that was evidently wrong…I thought I knew what I was doing but maybe not. Thanks for catching that, I will change that lift to the correct one next time. And yeah, I’m sure it will be much less.

On another note and I see this all over the forum…regualarity has officially changed. I have not been popping the optional fiber but I may need to soon. Gas is bad too. hehe.

I burned a ton of calories yesterday and for the first time on the diet was hungry…worked through it and did not cheat. Drank some water and tea in the evening and got through it…seems fine today.

Looking forward to my cardio today.

Day Four.

Today’s cardio went well. Flawless V-Diet…weathered the family eating lasagna tonight…think we could get a lasagna flavored shake? Posted the pic with the cardio stats. Looking forward to tomorrows workout.

Dont let the family eat that stuff. Thats the reason you are here in the first place. No wonder its hard to drink chocolate milk all day when no one else is eating healthy either. Health and Fitness is a lifestyle change. I think both you guys are still fighting against traffic everyday to do the right thing. Shouldnt be a constant temptation to fail. At my house there are literally no other options. Eat what you are supposed to or dont eat. But then again I dont have kids. Just seems that you struggle more because its always in your face.

Good luck, looks like you are doing fine. I found the Surge to sweet as well, but I got used to it and now enjoy it. I think for the HOT-ROX the best time to take them are first thing in the morning and before your workout, or cardio depending on the day and time. You dont want to take them to late into the afternoon especially if you are sensitive to stimulants.

Thanks for the advice Jeff. Stimulants are NOT something that bother me…I am used to a large amount of zero-carb rockstar…which I have not done on the diet due to the 10 calories per serving. I took 4 HOT-ROX yesterday throughout the day but honestly feel absolutely nothing on that stuff. None the less, thanks for the encouragement and advise!

I usually take the HOT-ROX immediately in the morning, then go shower, shave, etc. After about 20-30 mins I can feel them kicking in. I have never taken many stimulants throughout my life though so my tolerance is likely lower.