Biotest

Stealth's V-Diet -- 6/29/09

The Goal: Single digit bodyfat…I’ve flirted with it in the past few years when I dieted down…but I’ve just never been able to reach that “Wow!” level of leanness. Another motivating factor?..pure vanity, lol…I’d like to be in peak form on the beach when I go on vacation in August.

Background: I’ve been training since I was a senior in high school (1999). I was an athlete, so that was basically how I first ended up in a weight room…and from there, I was hooked.

Lifting became my favorite pastime…I loved the discipline, the routine, the power of body, and the power of mind that I gained from it. The past 10 years have been an adventure…for a great deal of that time, I went about training and nutrition the “wrong” way…like alot of other meatheads, I latched on to the latest and greatest fad/workout/supplement, thought what worked for Arnold/Ronnie/Cutler would work for ME, thought training 6-7 days a week (arms & chest being about 3-4 of those days lol) would get me big and ripped, and that nutrition was only a SMALL part of being in shape. It was only until recently (2-3 yrs), that I really started getting “serious”…really being a student of the game…getting my diet and training in line. Now, I’m a little older…a little wiser…and looking to take things to another level.

Stats:
Height: 5ft 7in
Weight: 170 lbs
Neck: 15 1/4 in
Shoulders: 47 1/2 in
Upper Chest: 42 in
Lower Chest: 39 1/2 in
Waist (Navel): 32 in
Waist (Largest): 32 3/4 in
Hip: 33 1/8 in
Upper Arm Left (Relaxed): 14 1/2 in
Upper Arm Right (Relaxed): 14 1/2 in
Right Thigh: 23 3/4 in
Left Thigh: 24 in
Calf Left: 14 5/8 in
Calf Right: 14 5/8 in
Ankle Left: 8 1/2 in
Ankle Right: 8 5/8 in

Front Before

Side Before

Back Before

THE PLAN:

• Advanced workout program
  • V-Diet nutrition and supplementation basically to the letter except for one thing…to save some $, only one serving of Superfood at breakfast.
  • Additional supplements: ZMA, TRIBEX Gold, BCAAs (10g pre-workout), Glutamine (10g post-workout, 10g bedtime), Creatine (5g post-workout), Multi-vitamin (w/Dinner).

You’re going to look sick after this program

DAY 1

Nutrition:
Meal 1- 7:00AM
Meal 2- 10:48AM
Meal 3- (Post-workout recovery) 12:50PM
Meal 4- 2:50PM
Meal 5- 5:15PM
Meal 6- 9:45PM
*Morning was a breeze…hunger was worst in the afternoon…both between my recovery drink and snack and between the snack and dinner.

Training: Overall decent workout…I had to do a couple “warm up” sets of each exercise to get the prescribed 4-5 RM weight that the advanced program calls for. I anticipate this to be the norm for the first few workouts.
Bent over BB row - Underhand grip:
5x155
5x155
5x155
5x155

Overhead Squat:
6x95
6x95
6x95
6x95
*Never did these before, and it showed. I had trouble getting my form right…struggled to get my balance. I felt like I had more in the tank as far as loading…but form was shit…so Ill keep practicing before I add too much weight.

Dip:(w/DB attached to weight belt)
5x75
5x75
5x75
4x75
3x75

Ab wheel rollout:(from standing postion - from knees was too easy for 4-5 RM)

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:
You’re going to look sick after this program[/quote]

this^^^

you’ve already got a good, strong base to work off of, this V-Diet will shred you up nicely.

i’m starting mine 7/1, I ordered 1/2 the supp package (due to $$) last week and the other half this evening.

anyway, keep us posted on the progress and do work!

[quote]sydnisd183 wrote:
ALKoHoLiK wrote:
You’re going to look sick after this program

this^^^

you’ve already got a good, strong base to work off of, this V-Diet will shred you up nicely.

i’m starting mine 7/1, I ordered 1/2 the supp package (due to $$) last week and the other half this evening.

anyway, keep us posted on the progress and do work![/quote]

Thanks…thats what I’m shooting for. Good luck to you also…by the end of July we will hopefully both be sliced…lol

Want to trade places? LOL You already look in great shape and you have a great foundation to start the diet with. You will look amazing when you are done. Good luck!

[quote]FGG wrote:
Want to trade places? LOL You already look in great shape and you have a great foundation to start the diet with. You will look amazing when you are done. Good luck![/quote]

Good luck to you too! And thanks for the kind words.

I’m excited…just wish day 28 would hurry up and get here…lol

DAY 2

Nutrition:

Meal 1: 6:55AM
Meal 2: 11:35AM
Meal 3: 2:40PM
Meal 4: 5:20PM
Meal 5: 9:45PM

Really pushed it between breakfast and lunch today (4 1/2hrs), hunger was high but not unbearable though.

Training:
OFF

NEPA:

Today was a very NEPA friendly day. Hot out, but not too much…a little breeze here and there…and lots of beautiful sunshine.

There is a walking trail around a lake right beside my office park…during the day when things are slow, I like to do a few laps. I did 25 minutes at 3:00PM.

Later on, after my dinner shake, I walked about 30 minutes through the neighborhood (6:30-7PM). I find that if I do my activity not so long after my shakes (30min-1hr), I have a bit more stamina/energy than if I were to try and do it 3-4 hours after a shake.

When I got back from my walk my son and his cousin begged me to play a game or two of “hide and seek tagball”, so I obliged. The rules of hide and seek tagball are simple…same as regular hide and seek except whoever is “it” is armed with a ball and in order to tag someone, they must throw the ball and hit them with it before they reach the base/safe zone…(btw…no face or nut shots…this is grounds for disqualification…lol). Our match lasted about 20 minutes…fun times.

So…A+++ for NEPA today.

I’m really interested to see how you do here.

Did you check your body fat? 10-12% probably?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[/quote]

I didn’t and I should have. Is it too late to do it (day 2-3)? Reason I ask is because I have one of those Accumeasure single site (illiac crest) calipers…but I don’t know how accurate it would be.

Other than that, I don’t know any other ways I could get measured/pinched accurately. I don’t know any personal trainers and I dont belong to a commercial gym where I could get access to bodyfat testing. Thoughts? Or will the Accumeasure suffice?

NOTE:

Heaven is 2 tbsps of natural peanut butter at your bedtime meal when you’re on the V-Diet.

It is the highlight of my day.

Not that I didn’t have a love affair with it before the diet…but now…

…its orgasmic…

Sounds like you’re chugging along nicely Stealth. I remember when I did the V-Diet last year…I looked forward to that peanut butter at the end of the day as well. Yikes…i’m starting tomorrow! :S

[quote]stealth2918 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

I didn’t and I should have. Is it too late to do it (day 2-3)? Reason I ask is because I have one of those Accumeasure single site (illiac crest) calipers…but I don’t know how accurate it would be.

Other than that, I don’t know any other ways I could get measured/pinched accurately. I don’t know any personal trainers and I dont belong to a commercial gym where I could get access to bodyfat testing. Thoughts? Or will the Accumeasure suffice?

[/quote]

if you’re near any major college campuses most of them have this thing called the bodpod. I know the 2 universities in my town both have one and they will test you in it. One charges $15 the other charges $20. Not bad considering, not sure on the accuracy of them though

[quote]stealth2918 wrote:
NOTE:

Heaven is 2 tbsps of natural peanut butter at your bedtime meal when you’re on the V-Diet.

It is the highlight of my day.

Not that I didn’t have a love affair with it before the diet…but now…

…its orgasmic…

[/quote]

you’re not kidding. Eat it separate and it’s even better

[quote]angelo3994 wrote:
stealth2918 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

if you’re near any major college campuses most of them have this thing called the bodpod. I know the 2 universities in my town both have one and they will test you in it. One charges $15 the other charges $20. Not bad considering, not sure on the accuracy of them though

[/quote]

highly accurate and comparable to underwater weighing.

the peanut butter is HEAVEN!!

good luck with your V-Diet

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.