Biotest

Starting V-Diet Tomorrow 3/16/09

I have been a runner for the longest time and just finished a 15k race today. I will be doing a Marathon in Oct. 2009 but I have decided to take a month off of running and concentrate on my lifts.

I figured this would be a good time to try this V-Diet I read about on this thing everyday which sounds tough but needed with me.

I have almost all the tools but didn’t get the HOT-ROX. I know its a big part of the plan but I don’t want my heartrate up that high all day. I am on my feet most of the day anyways. I will take my chances in a slow loss, I have time.

So I am weighing in at 223 lbs 5’10" and feel overweight. Getting married in August and need to lose about 20-30 lbs before that time. This should be the thing to help me get there right? I will post my measurements tomorrow after I get my measuring tape at the office.

Weight- 223 lbs
Height- 5’10"

Neck- 16 3/4
Chest- 44 1/2
Waist- 40 1/4
Hips- 42
R Arm- 15 1/4
L Arm- 15 1/4
R Forearem- 13
L Forearm- 12 1/2
R Thigh- 24
L Thigh- 23
R Calf- 16 1/4
L Calf- 16 1/8

Did the workout for the intermediate yesterday. It wasn’t bad but I could have used a little more weight in some exercises but my shoulder has been bugging me for a while and its now just starting to be pain-free which is a nice change so I didn’t push it.

Here are my sorry workout numbers:

Front squat @ 165lbs 5,5,5,5 reps (need to go up about 25 pounds but its been a while)

Lat Pull downs at underhand grip @ 270 lbs 5,5,5,5,5

Dumbbell Bench Press @ 75 lbs each arm 5,5,5,5

Ab-Dolley Rollout 10, 10, 10, 12 ( I just stopped at ten, don’t really know what else to do for this, I can do these all day… any ideas? go to the feet instead of the knees?)

Walked at 3.4 mph for 15 min.

As for the nutrition side of it. I was hungry all day and wanted to just chew on something (fiber tablets were what I chewed on, didn’t help too much). I made it through though and after the workout my cravings went away.

I added up the amount I used to eat when I was running consistently and it was about 3500-4500 a day with long runs and lifting. This is a huge change but I spent the money damn it, I’m gonna get results!! I have before pictures and I’ll probably post them after all said and done.

Day two is done and feeling great.

I really would rather have 5 workout days and two NEPA walks cuz walking for 50 mins is boring.

Any ideas?

Can’t wait for the workout today. I need to lift something or move something. I need to do something to raise my heartrate a little bit!!

I just noticed I didn’t put any goals up yet. What is the purpose of doing this without goal… besiding looking dead sexi on my honeymoon in mexico. Nobody likes fat pictures of yourself in Mexico!

My goal is to lose 20 pounds of fat! on this round of V-Dieting and then slowly slim down to 8-10% body fat if that is possible which would put me around 185-190 pounds. The leanest I have ever been is 14% at 198 lbs and that was eating clean, running 30 miles a week and working out 4 days a week for about 3 months then I lost it when I opened up a chiropractic practice with my fiance and business, business, business ever since.

So I am hoping a change is gonna make the difference.

Dr. Jon

Awesome post(s) Dr. Jon! Good luck with the goals and keep posted…as you get onward with the v diet more people will offer advice, but they tend to see if someone gets past the first week before they invest their time. Get some before pics up and some measurements so we can see the progress! Again, great work so far and we can’t wait to see how it ends up!

I am so freakin sore, I feel like my glutes have been ripped into pieces. I LOVE IT! Haven’t felt this way since I ran a marathon in 2008. I know you aren’t supposed to be really-really sore, but this is a good thing. Me and my foam roll are gonna be good friends today before my NEPA walk.

Did the intermediate workout 2 and finished it in pain (a good pain) and gasping.

This is how it went:

8 reps, 5 sets, rest 40-50 sec. for each exercise (medium to heavy weight)

Reverse Lunges w/ 50 lbs DB each hand

Bent-over row- 185 lbs for one set then 155
for the other four sets with a BB

Push-Press- 80 lbs BB (my legs were burning)

Barbell Curl- 65, 65, 65, 75, 75 (some guy
had the 70 lbs, couldn’t share I
guess!)

Reverse Crunches- 45 lbs plate (glutes were
burning and my low back felt a
little tight so I took it easy)

As for the drink- I’m still drinkin it and feeling no more real hunger for chewing food. Its over-rated I guess. Give me a blender and I’ll show you the way home!!

I want to eat chicken… that was me last night! but I didn’t.

My legs are still really sore but I’m gonna do the workout anyways. The 60 min walks last night ended up being a 45 min walks with a 15 min cycle. I get real bored on the treadmill and it rains in Oregon so I don’t want to walk outside.

Today will be a good day

hey good job on the workout. i also am with you on getting bored doing an hour of NEPA inside on the same equipment. i live in Seattle so the rain issue also stops me from going outside. i know that is sort of me being a wimp but i hate the rain and the cold.

today will be a great day…
Jamie

Hey awesome job on getting started! NEPA is boring but I’ve decided to give myself one errand a day that I can do sometime during the day or evening that is about 2 miles away so I have to go there on foot, do whatever, and then come back on foot.

Changes up the scenery a bit and ensures I get about 4 miles in cause when Im on the treadmill I tend to get completely bored out of my mind (as does everybody I guess) and barely make 30 minutes. And 30 minutes is definitely not 4 miles walking.

When it rains or is too cold cause Im a baby in the cold weather, I use a wii fit or some other “get up off the couch” game like a sports game such as tennis. Or go swimming for an hour in an indoor pool somewhere.

Like sneak into a hotel and use theirs! I think if you’re a resident of the city in which the hotel does business, it’s fine. You’re classified as a local or whatever.

I used to work at the Four Seasons Resort and that was the policy there (although not sure if ALL hotels are like that). Used to do that all the time at the Holiday Inn.

If I have to use the treadmill I listen to audio books to get my mind off the incessant boringness of it all, although I still have a hard time lasting even 3 miles.

There’s a few ideas but Im sure there are a lot more, and probably better ones. Would be good to hear a few creative ideas from some others too! Although Im not sure NEPA and creative should even be used in the same sentence.

Lisa

thanks for the input. I am trying to change it up, I’m gonna try to put my favorite tv shows on the ipod and see how that works for my NEPA.

Sorry for the delay on the posts but I would like to let you all know I am still going strong. I am sore and feeling great about it!

The hunger for food isn’t there anymore cuz I can make some tasty shakes.

My workout have gone like this so far.

Friday workout number 3
5 sets, 8 reps each, 45 sec rests

Deadlift- 215 lbs
Decline Bench- 80,90,95,100,100 DB
Lat Pull down- 240,225,210,195,195
Hand Walk outs- knees 5 sets, reps of 10

HSM- Side salad with 1 tbsp ranch, 6 ounce of lean steak, 7 pieces asparagus, 1 cup of yams/sweet potatoes no seasoning

V-challange- no weights just body weight

29 min 20 secs. about 3-5 mins a set for 7 circuits- hand walks about from knees- low back is still a little sore.

Will get the measurements tomorrow morning before work and also the weigh in as well.

1 weeks down, 3 to go!!

Today will be a good day

As of 3/23/2009- no HOT-ROX for the first week just green tea plus, but i’m getting the HOT-ROX tomorrow.

Weight- 215 lbs (-8 lbs)
Height- 5’10"

Neck- 16 1/2 (- 1/4)
Chest- 43 (-1 1/2)
Waist- 39 (-1 1/4)
Hips- 41 3/8 (-5/8)
R Arm- 15 1/2 (+1/4)
L Arm- 15 (-1/4)
R Forearm- 12 1/2 (-1/2)
L Forearm- 11 7/8 (-5/8)
R Thigh- 24 1/2 (+1/2)
L Thigh- 24 1/4 (+1 1/4)
R Calf- 16 (-1/4)
L Calf- 16 (-1/8)

backside

side is where you see it the best

Here are my sorry workout numbers:

Front squat @ 185lbs 5,5,5,5 reps

Pull-ups at underhand grip 25 lbs 5,5,5,5

Dumbbell Bench Press @ 95 lbs each arm 5,5,5,5

Ab-Dolley Rollout 10, 10, 8, 10

Walked at 3.2 mph for 30 min.

Meals are good, life is good, my world is at peace and I’m rockin it!! thanks for the support everyone!

Anyone reading this don’t let your mind wander, stay on track and keep on trucking. The grass is always greener after 28 days of drinking protein shakes, hard work and
NEPA-ing around while listening to your favorite audiobook/rock band/or singing to yourself!

Update for you guys…

I’m drinking a shake and it still tastes like chocolate and its still gooooood and if you say food like gooood it sounds funny… fooooood

Feelin a little delirious there lift4health? :wink:

Day 8 down the hatch and feeling good. Walked for 50 min on the treadmill/elliptical and still kind of boring but oh well.

just got the HOT-ROX today and took one before my walk. no side effects so far. I will take one tomorrow morning and then one before workout tomorrow and see where that gets me. I am excited to see how they affect my workout and energy throughout the day.

Workout yesterday was fun. Feeling a little less energy but I had HOT-ROX and a fat burner and was doing much better after that. Lifts were a little heavier but the big change is that I’m not nearly as sore as I was the first week which is good. Did 30 min on the elliptical and also walks most of the day. Today is gonna be a yoga and stretching day along with a 50 min walk. Exciting stuff!!

Hope everyone else is doing well… Shake number two is being made as I type, kinda…

Weight- ??? Later tonight
Height- 5’10"
Start End Week 1 End Week 2
Neck- 16 3/4 - 16 1/2 - 16 1/4
Chest- 44 1/2 - 43 - 42
Waist- 40 1/4 - 39 - 37 3/8
Hips- 42 - 41 3/8 - 42
R Arm- 15 1/4 - 15 1/2 - 15 1/2
L Arm- 15 1/4 - 15 - 15
R Farm- 13 - 12 1/2 - 12 1/4
L Farm- 12 1/2 - 11 7/8 - 11 3/4
R Thigh- 24 - 24 1/2 - 24 1/2
L Thigh- 23 - 24 1/4 - 24
R Calf- 16 1/4 - 16 - 15 3/4
L Calf- 16 1/8 - 16 - 16

Big Changes:
Neck - 1/2 inch
Chest - 2 1/2 inches
Waist - 3 1/8 inches
Hips- No changes

Hope the numbers changes a little more this coming week. I will update my weight when I get to the gym tonight.