Biotest

Starting V-Diet Saturday (w/ Questions)

Brief description: I’m 6’3’’ 232 lbs athletic played division one college athletics and have been lifting and training my whole life. With college being over now for a few years I have put on a few pounds of muscle and a few of fat because I have really changed the way I lift and I do less cardio…

Well I’m tired of being overweight I’m not use to it and it sucks, people tell me it is all in my head and I look great but I think I have 15 lbs to loose and everyone else says maybe 5 lbs…Either way I’m very motivated for the diet and have inspired my father in law to start with me so now we are just waiting on our shipment and we are going to start Saturday!!!

Anyway he is a big guy with lots of fat he weighs about 273 and is only 5’10’’ he is a bulky but way to fat…Anyway I’m going to be taking all the reccomended supps: bcaa, the fish oil blend, fiber, flax, Surge, the protien, HOT-ROX, a mental stimulant offered in the t-store as well as Receptormax that is also in the t-store and helps with test and insulin.

The other supplement I’m taking instead of TRIBEX gold is plain old test-e and I wanted to know if I will still have great results, I just really do not want to loose any muscle or strength and still get shredded, so that is my first question my second is being a bigger guy do I need to take more of any of the supplements then the reccomended dosages?

My father in law loves coffee and can’t not drink it and I saw you said somethin about the HOT-ROX with coffee that is bad but I know he needs the Hot-Rox for fat loss, and I don’t want to kill him what do you reccomend since he needs his coffee? Thanks, let me know if I should add anything?

i have no problem with HOT-ROX and coffee – other than jitters the first few days.

your results will be awesome – some on here will blast you for not doing the exact program although only one of your supps will be off.

the main thing is the eating patterns you will be creating and the result you have will be dependent on how strict you stick with the eating and work out program.

I am not qualified to help you as far as additional supps, but I would suggest you do as is for the first go around and then if you decide down the road to do the “V” again then tweek it slightly as you deem for any particular goals that you may have.

My thoughts are however your results will be amazing and you will not want to alter the program at all in the future.

You will doubtfully need the extra test supp. But if you want more “muscle insurance” I’d suggest L-leucine in 3 or 4 shakes per day. The BCAA is fine too, but I now recommend L-Leucine over it:

HOT-ROX and coffee are fine, if it’s well tolerated. HR already has some stimulatory properties, and everyone is different when it comes to stims. Some can take 4 HOT-ROX per day along with coffee; some can’t take more than a single capsule a day and no coffee.

Start with 2 capsules per day in divided doses and work up from there if needed. Take with food if it’s too much for an empty stomach. Still works fine. (This is what I personally do.)

I have heard mixed things about the amount of protien I will be digesting in a day…Not that it is to much but what form it is in, being all whey and casein which as our basics of this diet…Is it not hard on your kidneys??? I have heard mixed things that I should be taking some type of digestive enzyme along with it and some of my protien should be from meats and eggs and other types of protien…Is this true? Is that why we can only do the diet for 28 days, isn’t also true that testosterone supplementation would help with the digestion of protien so it is used in the muscles easier and not as hard on the kidneys (catch 22 isn’t test hard on your kidneys as well?)…

Bare in mind that a lot of this info was given to me from a bodybuilder at my gym that was just warning me about the use of just whey as your source of protien??? Please clear these things up so I can tell him and have piece of mind knowing I’m not going to destroy my kidneys…Also, I would like to thank you Chris for helping me out so promptly, I really feel motivated this is my first day and I will post results at the end of each week…

[quote]Smitty22 wrote:
I have heard mixed things about the amount of protien I will be digesting in a day…Not that it is to much but what form it is in, being all whey and casein which as our basics of this diet…Is it not hard on your kidneys??? I have heard mixed things that I should be taking some type of digestive enzyme along with it and some of my protien should be from meats and eggs and other types of protien…Is this true? Is that why we can only do the diet for 28 days, isn’t also true that testosterone supplementation would help with the digestion of protien so it is used in the muscles easier and not as hard on the kidneys (catch 22 isn’t test hard on your kidneys as well?)…

Bare in mind that a lot of this info was given to me from a bodybuilder at my gym that was just warning me about the use of just whey as your source of protien??? Please clear these things up so I can tell him and have piece of mind knowing I’m not going to destroy my kidneys…Also, I would like to thank you Chris for helping me out so promptly, I really feel motivated this is my first day and I will post results at the end of each week… [/quote]

Q: Isn’t all this protein bad for the kidneys?

A: In short, no. The “high protein is bad for kidneys” myth started when researchers tube-fed large amounts of protein to people in the hospital who already had advanced renal disease. This exacerbated their conditions. But not a single study has shown that high protein diets are harmful to healthy individuals, yet for some reason this old myth is still hanging around.

Think about it: if someone has irritable bowel syndrome, then certain types of fiber can make their condition worse, right? But does that mean that fiber is bad? Does it mean that fiber caused their problems? Not at all, and the same is true for protein.

So, if you’re in the hospital with some form of kidney failure or renal disease, no, don’t do the V-Diet. If not, then there’s nothing to worry about.

As for your second concern: Metabolic Drive contains glucono-delta-lactone. GDL basically facilitates the body’s ability to digest and utilize protein. And you don’t find it in cheapo knockoffs. Glucono-delta-lactone helps with protein digestion by nourishing the “good” bacteria in the GI tract.

Thanks Chris for the answer above and thanks to Smitty for asking the question…glad that the mythe can be busted since a lot of the guys and relatives have said the same to me about protein.

M