Biotest

Starting V-Diet Jan 13

I just had a question before I got started. At 242# I figured 1700 cals for NWD and 2000 for WD. Does this sound about right? It would work out to 6 shakes, 4 Tbs flax, 4 Flameouts, 1 Tbs NPB for NWD and the same for WD, plus Surge. From what I have read it seems that even with people at or close to my weight they are only doing 5-5.5 shakes a day.

Anyway can’t wait to get started, but going out of town for a wedding this weekend and didn’t want to take any chances on the free food and drink.
I will post pics and stats later, and look forward to all the support and input throughout this journey.

It depends on the formula you’re using: under or over 35 pounds to lose.

Oh yea, sorry I was using the under 35# formula. I’m sure like Gus I will want more, but I thought this would be a good place to start.

[quote]Jonsey5632 wrote:
Oh yea, sorry I was using the under 35# formula. I’m sure like Gus I will want more, but I thought this would be a good place to start.[/quote]

That might be a good idea, but much depends on your body composition. Height and bodyfat percentage can make one 242 pound male look like a muscular stud, and another 242 pound male look like a plain ol’ fat guy.

And remember, Gus started out weighing 210, much less than 242. So you may need the “over 35 pound” numbers, which would be about 1300 and 1600. Or you could be very tall and full of muscle, so the “under 35” plan may be best.

Or you could split the difference and see what happens, say 1500 and 1800.

Then you can always adjust as needed a week or two into the diet.

Hope that helps give you some direction and options!

Thanks for the quick reply. I am 6’4", so yea kind off tall. I have know idea of my BF%. I’m going to try and get it measured Tuesday morning after I get my weight and other stats. If I had to guess I would say around 18-20.(I’m sure i’m way off). Thanks again.

Well, today is day 1. I’m 6’3ish and weighed in this morning at 241 so all my original numbers will work. I have decided instead of the 6 shakes I will go with 5.5. It will be about 100-110 cals less than the formula but still more than the >35# formula. I decided to go that route because I know I need to loss more but didn’t want to go to extreme and not succeed.
Anyway I will post pics and get my measurements as soon as I can find my tape again.

Side

Back

Legs or lack there of.

Sorry for the double

Wow, I knew I was fat but actually looking at myself in a picture really shows me I have a lot of work to do. So like I said today is day one and so far this morning (10:00 AM my time) I have had: Two HOT-ROX, Two Flameout, one shake with two scoops chocolate and two tbls of flax.
I went for about a 20 min walk this AM and will get some more NEPA later this morning.

Yeah bro the mirror/camera can certainly be a good critic, about the Flameout your taking, I believe the recomended serving is 4 caps so 8 per day, are you splitting them up in 2’s and taking 4 servings a day?

And if so is there a reason to your madness? LOL…well man welcome to the dreams of leanness and the challenge of the year! Its fun… as weird as that may sound, I thrive off people telling me I cant do things and that Im “KrAzY” for doing stuff…that just helps set my sucess in stone…

Remember once you have completed this no one can take it away from you, you slip up once and…I think you know the rest, welcome to the “diet” bro!!

Flameout: 4 capsules a day. Sometimes we bump that to 6 if we need to add a few calories, but 4 is standard.

That is a quote from Shugart in the ancillary suppliment guide. That is why I only took two this morning and will take two this evening. Plus it fits into my cals perfectly with the four a day.

Thanks for your reply, this is going to be a fun journey I can tell.

[quote]Jonsey5632 wrote:
Flameout: 4 capsules a day. Sometimes we bump that to 6 if we need to add a few calories, but 4 is standard.

That is a quote from Shugart in the ancillary suppliment guide. That is why I only took two this morning and will take two this evening. Plus it fits into my cals perfectly with the four a day.

Thanks for your reply, this is going to be a fun journey I can tell.[/quote]

Shit…LOL, thanks for that post I had been taking 3cap x2 and then my bottle said 4 so I started taking 4x2…just re-read and thats for the whole day so OOPS! lol thanks man and Good Luck “Chris”

Other Measurements
Belly------->43"
Upper abs—>42"
Chest------->46"
Shoulders—>53"
Upper Leg—>LFT 25.5" RT 26"
Lower Leg—>LFT 16.5" RT 17"
Upper Arm—>LFT 15.5" RT 15.5"
Neck-------->17.5"

All measurements were done in a relaxed state as stated in the how to measure sticky.

This is going to be fun I can tell!!!

Well, its day 2 and it seems that day 1 went pretty well. I guess the hardest thing was watching my wife and son eat spagetti last night at supper. Other than that it wasn’t that bad.
Yesterday I had:

7:00 2 HOT-ROX and 2 Flameout
7:00-7:45 NEPA walk at local park
8:00 Shake 2 scoops with two TBSP Flax
11:00 Shake 2 scoops
12:30 2 HOT-ROX
1:30 Shake 2 scoops and 2 TBSP Flax
4:00 Shake 2 scoops
7:30 Shake 2 scoops and 1 TSP NPB
10:00 Shake 1 scoop
I had 3 fiber tablets throughout the day.

Today (day 2) will be my first workout on the V-Diet. I will be doing the intermediate workout. It looks like it will be a big change from the 5x5 I was doing. I will start with the Wed. workout which consist of

A1 Alt. shoulder press x4
A2 Forward lunge x4
A3 DB row x4
35 secs rest between sets for 3 total circuits
B1 OH tricep ext x4
B2 Hammer curl x4
B3 Front squat x4
35 secs rest for 3 circuits
2 sets of planks for 60 sec.

It will be my first day taking Surge, but the rest of my diet will stay the same.

Day 2 is going pretty well, it was the 1st day of doing the workout on the diet. Overall I felt good during the workout, but I have to say the Surge seemed a little sweet to me and I had to choke down the last couple of gulps.
I got in about 15-20mins of NEPA while I waited on my workout partner to finish his workout. We got started a little late and it through my shakes off some, but I think I can still get them in with no problem.
I’m off work today, so I went back to the park for some more NEPA (about 30 mins). I did get suckered in to going to grocery for my wife, it wasn’t that bad and was a good test of will.
Thats all for now.

Hi Jonsey. Is that your son? He’s precious! My son is 4 and into his super heroes too. He is the reason I take care of myself. I know the feeling having to watch the rest of the family eat spaghetti. Stay strong. Best of luck and I look forward to reading about your successes. Helen

Yes, that is my son. He is 3 and is crazy about superheros.
Thanks for the support, its only day 2 but so far, so good.