Biotest

Starting V-Diet 9-2-08

So I am starting the V-Diet tomorrow (9-2-08). I posted in another thread some questions, but decided to start anew with the actual measurements and pictures. Here are my measurements that I just took… I might re-take them tomorrow evening when I have someone to help, some of these are hard to take by oneself.

Weight: 213
Waist: 43 1/4"
Upper Leg: Right/left 24" (both the same)
Lower Leg: Right: 16 3/8" Left: 16 1/4"
Chest: 45.25"
Shoulders 48"
Upper Arm: Right / Left: 14 1/4
Neck: 17.5
Body Fat %: Unknown… no way to test. Any suggestions on how to get a ought estimate?

Pictures coming below!
Well, I was hoping the picture would be at the bottom, but its at the top… For now on, they will be in there own post!

My back

My side…

I never realized how chubby I really am. I am roughly 211 pounds and I think it is all in my man boobs and stomach. God I am disgusting to look at. I am now embarrassed I took my shirt off at the beach 2 weeks ago!

So I had my first shake this morning and it was alot thicker than I am used to. Also sweeter. That will take some getting used to. I also took the Flameout fir the first time, and I keep on burping it up. yummy!

Today I should get the Superfood, Z-12 and ZMA in the mail. Hopefully this will help me get rested. Now just to get my NEPA and workout in.

With the Flameout, is it really necesary to keep it in the fridge after opening?

Well done at getting started…

I just started today also so if you wanna support each other and do this together i’m here…

my log is

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/battling_the_bulge_step_1_the_vdiet_starting_020908

Thanks Wildhalf, I will take a look at your site to and help keep each other motivated.

I tried the Strawberry share just now, and might I say it is delicious. MUCH MUCH better than the chocolate.

Has anyone mixed the different shakes? to make like chocolate strawberry or anything like that?

So I decided to help me keep track of my servings for the day I would start a spreadsheet (using google docs). I figure this might help me out a little.

I also took the HOT-ROX today for the first time. It is making me a little… twitchy? Where I physically feel the energy boost, but mentally I am not fully here. I don’t no if this is because I haven’t had my usual sugar (I have been eating tree picked jersey peaches every morning for the past two or three weeks… YUMMY!)or just my tendency to not sleep well. I actually can not wait to try out the ZMA and Z-12 tonight.

Now in my past I can easily keep a good clean diet monday through friday. It is the weekends / days off that usually kill me. I guess because if I sit home and am not doing much I will unconsciously go to the fridge and get something. This is a habit I am hoping gets broken.

@Wildhalf,

I read your post and like that you are mentioning your goals. So I will do the same.

What I hope to accomplish by the end of this 4 weeks (well 6 weeks after the transition) is to drop from 213 to between just around 200. I am shooting for between 195 and 200 pounds. In March I was right around 200 pounds, but then tore my Medial Meniscus. The following operation and 6 weeks on crutches left me heavier than I wanted to be. This extra weight is leaving me to be rather achy all the time.

Long term goals… My Final weight goal is to be around 170 pounds. Now, this might change as time goes. Say, for instance, I get to 185 and I feel great and look better then I will try to maintain that.

[quote]bibby wrote:
Has anyone mixed the different shakes? to make like chocolate strawberry or anything like that?[/quote]

I’m not taking Biotest shakes but i do know that mixing flavours can make some delicious shakes… For example ON 100% whey Strawberry and Vanilla Icecream mixed together is to die for…

Just give it a try…

[quote]bibby wrote:

@Wildhalf,

I read your post and like that you are mentioning your goals. So I will do the same.
[/quote]

Making goals is one of the best things you can do when you start any diet or exercise routine…

Did you read the quote i posted?? I have printed it out and posted it on the mirror in my bathroom and on the fridge, i think it suits this diet and putting it where you will see temptation willhelp your resist

Quote…
“All I have is today. All I have is this moment, this workout, this meal, the next 30 minutes, the next hour. If I just do what I know I must do now, then I know I’ll reach my ultimate goal eventually.”

Yea I read the quote and it makes perfect sense and is good. To be honest though, every time I open this thread and look at those pictures I feel disgusted and motivated. I just wonder how I let myself get that way. Printing out the quote of motivational thought is a good way. Maybe add it to my email signature at work so I see it a gazillion times a day.

Hi bibby,

Hey thanks for stopping by my thread. Today so far, things seem to be a bit better. Stomach not so flip-floppy.

My hubby tried the HOT-ROX over the weekend, but he felt that his insides were crawling. I think this effects everyone differently. I have to be careful as the Yohimbe causes the heart to speed up a bit.

wildhalf, love the quote. As you have probably already read, you will do better on the diet using the Biotest Shakes. Too many have failed using other products. The diet was specially designed around the Low Carb Metabolic shake. You can make them as thin or as thick as you like and they digest slowly over other brands. I hope you do well, but I think it will be tough on other brand.

Stay strong!

fitnesslady

I did the first workout today. Even though I have been lifting for at least 10 years, I decided to start off with the beginners workout because I have not been consistent on it for at least the last 3 years. After week 1 or 2 I will probable go to the intermediate workout if I feel this workout is not challenging enough.

So, the workout…

A1 Pulldowns - I did the first set at 140 pounds sets 2 - 4 at 160 and set 5 at 165 pounds. Next time I will stick with 165 pounds for all sets unless I feel that I can go up. Then I will for the last set or two.

A2 Deadlifts - I changed this slightly. I did dumbell deadlifts. This was more convenient because there is no easy place to leave a bar in my gym, and if someone else used the machine then I would be screwed. I did all sets with 80 pound dumbells. Next time I think I will use 80 for the first 3 sets and 85 for the rest.

A3 Decline dumbell bench press - Well the first two sets I used 50 then 60 pound dumbells. After those two sets BOTH decline benchs got taken. So Instead I started doing Pushups with my feet elevated for sets of 20. Next time I have to do decline dumbells bench, I will probable start with 70 pounds and work from there.

Today I didn’t do a nepa walk. I kind of just ran out of energy at the end of the day. From now on, on gym days, I will bring a comfortable pair of shoes to work and walk on my lunch break. On non gym days I can take my puppy out for a walk when I get home from work. I might do both on non lifting days. One of the guys I work with mentioned he wouldnt mind going for walks at lunch.

So after trying the three flavors of Metabolic Drive I ordered, I decided that strawberry is the best of the three. I purchased Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla.

Overall, with one drink remaining, today wasn’t bad. I wasn’t overly hungry. When I was hungry it was at the time I am usually hungry (630am, 930am, 1130am, 230pm, 5pm) Usually after I eat at 5 I am not hungry, so I might be forcing myself to take the last shake. Then again, I might not. I’ll do the math for it and if it falls around where I want to be I wont bother. I’ll just eat the spoonful of peanut butter and have some water.

On the negatives… I do have a slight case of diarrhea, but I am unsure if it is caused by the shakes or my piss poor eating this past weekend. Unfortionetly for me this is not an uncommon occurrence. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? Do I need more fiber? Less Fiber? Any other supplements that might help? If this happens everyday then that will be the end of the diet for me. I am hoping it is just my body adjusting along with a combination of piss poor eating this weekend. I’ll give it at least a week. This is not accompanied by stomach cramps or pains so I am not as worried as if it had that. I shall find out! I know others mentioned they have similar problems, what do you find that helps?

Tonight I also plan on trying ZMA and Z-12. I am hoping they help me fall asleep and give me a great nights sleep. Tomorrow morning I am going to implement Superfood into my diet. Has anyone used any of these products? What is you experience with it?

Thanks for reading!

“Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes.”
-Chinese Proverb

BE GREAT!

Well day 1 wasn’t bad. I wasn’t hungry really so it works out. The HOT-ROX wasn’t to bad on my system, just a little jumpy. The workout went well and all that stuff.

I took ZMA and Z-12 last night. I think, when I was sleeping, that I was in a deeper sleep. I still woke up alot though. More than usual. Now, I think this has to do with all the water I drank during the day. I had to pee alot of times.

I will give it a week or two and see how they work. If I don’t see a change I will take the Z-12 out of the equation and try the ZMA with Melatonin. I must say that I did wake up feeling more “pep” than I usually do. Maybe the combo (even though I woke alot) kept me in a deeper more restfull sleep during the time that I was actually sleeping.

One of the times i made a trip to the bathroom I dont even think I had the energy to open both my eyes.

Anyway, today started off okay. I had my first shake. I mixed 1 chocolate scoop with 1 Strawberry scoop. It seemed to take whatever it is I didn’t care for out of the chocolate shake away.

So I fear this will make me have to buy more Strawberry Metabolic Drive. I am starting to get hungry, so figure in the next 15 mins or so I will be taking my second shake of the day. This one only being a single scoop though.

Bibby,
ZMA is great. It has made me sleep very deeply and great lucid dreams as well.
For a rough BF calculator, try this:
http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/bfb
Takes your weight and waist measurement to calc it out. Close as anything I’ve tried.

Saving my workouts for Friday, Sunday, Tuesday rotation. Let’s me acclimate to the lower cals and sups.

Good luck to you and looking forward to your updates.

bibby,

Glad to see you are still hanging in there. My day 3 is going fairly well, however I have yet to hit the gym and tonight will be the night. I am sure this will tell the story as I am a bit tired. First night I didn’t sleep weel and took two of my 5-HTP the next night. I slept better, but still awfully tired.

I also hae had the diarrhea, but I really don’t care, because I am usually the other direction. What I don’t like is the gas and it seems to hit me while I am sleeping. Makes for a restlessness night. Sorry I shared this gross situation. Just hoping it might help.

Stay strong!

fitnesslady

Hey bibby,

Keep up the good work, I’m sure your sleep patterns will return to normal shortly.

Strwberry Metabolic Drive is wonderful, by far my favorite flavor (minus the chocolate peanut butter shake that I get to down at night).

[quote]bgdawgrr wrote:
Bibby,
ZMA is great. It has made me sleep very deeply and great lucid dreams as well.
For a rough BF calculator, try this:
http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/bfb
Takes your weight and waist measurement to calc it out. Close as anything I’ve tried.

Saving my workouts for Friday, Sunday, Tuesday rotation. Let’s me acclimate to the lower cals and sups.

Good luck to you and looking forward to your updates.[/quote]

Thanks bgdawgrr… I must admit, I do not like the number it gave me… EEEASH!!!

[quote]healthstatus.com said:
"
Body Fat Estimation:
Results:
Using your measurements of a 40.5 inches waist and weight of 213 pounds your body fat percentage is estimated to be 28.82 % using the U.S. Navy body fat formula, or 29.86 % using the formula developed by the YMCA. "
[/quote]
ouchies!!! Maybe I will ask my gym if they do these tests for free.

[quote]fitnesslady wrote:
bibby,

Glad to see you are still hanging in there. My day 3 is going fairly well, however I have yet to hit the gym and tonight will be the night. I am sure this will tell the story as I am a bit tired. First night I didn’t sleep weel and took two of my 5-HTP the next night. I slept better, but still awfully tired.

I also hae had the diarrhea, but I really don’t care, because I am usually the other direction. What I don’t like is the gas and it seems to hit me while I am sleeping. Makes for a restlessness night. Sorry I shared this gross situation. Just hoping it might help.

Stay strong!

fitnesslady[/quote]

Thanks for your support!!! I have a feeling this journey will go fast! In regards to the squirts, I posted a message in the nutrition forumn… Some interesting info in there.

stay strong as I no you will!

[quote]CharlieStrange wrote:
Hey bibby,

Keep up the good work, I’m sure your sleep patterns will return to normal shortly.

Strwberry Metabolic Drive is wonderful, by far my favorite flavor (minus the chocolate peanut butter shake that I get to down at night).
[/quote]

Heh, sadly these are my normal sleeping patterns. It takes me hours to fall asleep.

Day 2 went down easily (sorta). I had all my shakes and even the nepa walk. I am now parking as far as I can (within reason) to all the place I might have to travel during the day. I went for a walk with my dog and mother last night. Not as long as I would of liked, but I have to cater to my mom in that situation, get her body used to walking again.

I am actually finding it hard to each the right amount of calories. By the end of the day (for the first two days) I have no desire to have the last shake. I am just not hungry then.

This week I am only going to use 1 HOT-ROX a day. Usually these things kill me so I am going to give my body a week to adapt to it. Then take 2 in the A.M. and 1 in the afternoon for a few days. See how that effects me before I go to full dosage.

I am also thinking of taking more of the Flameout… I just have to search for the limit on carbs. If I recall, as long as it isn’t over 100 carbs a day I am good. Or is that just on days I work out? I also want to increase the fiber, but each fiber pill adds 4 carbs. So by the end of the day it could add up alot.

In the Closing words of Bas Rutten… “Godspeed and party hard!”

bibby,

I too have a hard getting all the shakes in, so I am way low on my calorie requirements for the day. I just keep hoping that will help my fat loss, but I do know if the body thinks it is starving it will hold on to things and I don’t need that.

I take my HOT-ROX X a little differently as I have had problems in past. I take one in a.m. and two at about 11:30 and then usually head for gym for a cardio session. This works well for me and gives me that energy boost that I need in afternoon and that extra appetite suppressant needed in afternoon. I think you will have to play with it.

Hey I don’t use the fiber tabs because of the carbs and because of my digestive issues. I usually take Psyllium Husk Powder in a.m. If I think I need an extra dose I take another in afternoon. So far I haven’t needed the afternoon dose. It does have carbs, but only about 1.3 per tblsp. While on the Anabolic Diet, these are things you learn to use, things that have very low carbs and because I need the extra kick this gives.

Stay strong!

fitnesslady