Biotest

Starting the V-Diet

Hey guys,

I know you probably see threads like mine every day of the week, but I’m hoping you can help!

After many many months of attempting diets such as Atkins, weight watchers, calorie controlled and not really sucessing that well, I managed to crawl across the Velocity Diet.

After reading, I thought that its an almost easy straight forward, but very tough (mentally & physically) – if you know where i’m comming from?

So I decided to read further, and I feel that I have gathered quite alot of the information.

I have written a list of what stuff I need to purchase…

• Whey Protein
  • Omega 3 Pills
  • Multi Vitamin Pills
  • Fat burner (Same as HOT-ROX)
  • Fibre

I am going to purchase this stuff on Saturday, I already have the fat burner.

I have a question though;
I have been reading that lots of protein results in Kidney Stones? Which does make me quite worried… but I have read alot of peoples diet logs mentioning nothing like this but success. Are there any possible health risks with this diet?

Im looking to start this next week (Monday) so quick replies are hugely appriciated. :).

Thank you,

D4NMAN.

Good luck on your diet. But this is not the Velocity Diet. Please don’t call it that, especially after it bombs for you.

NOT Whey protein!

Why does almost NO-ONE understand that you can’t just use whey?

Whoa really?

Where am I going wrong Chris Shugart?

Your advice is appriciated.

My question is about off day body weight only training. I’m training 3 days a week entire body. On my off days is it beneficial to be training bodyweight only exercises?

[quote]cmorse wrote:
My question is about off day body weight only training. I’m training 3 days a week entire body. On my off days is it beneficial to be training bodyweight only exercises?[/quote]

It’s beneficial to be using the workout program made just for the V-Diet. You can find it here:

http://www.t-nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2155200

[quote]D4NMAN wrote:
Whoa really?

Where am I going wrong Chris Shugart?

[/quote]

Everywhere.

Please choose another diet plan from this site.

[quote]D4NMAN wrote:
I have written a list of what stuff I need to purchase…

• Whey Protein[/quote]

No. Whey/Casein blend. Like… Metabolic Drive? Hint hint.

[quote]

• Omega 3 Pills [/quote]You mean fish oil. And Flameout is more effective. Less capsules to take.[quote]
  • Multi Vitamin Pills [/quote]

Well… I don’t see the harm.[quote]

• Fat burner (Same as HOT-ROX) [/quote]

Sure it’s the same? Really?[quote]

• Fibre [/quote]

You mean milled flax seeds.

That’s a start.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Everywhere.

Please choose another diet plan from this site. [/quote]

Are you getting annoyed with the people making stupid changes?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:
Everywhere.

Please choose another diet plan from this site.

Are you getting annoyed with the people making stupid changes?[/quote]

I like to see people succeed. Using whey only and the wrong fat burner is a sure way to fail.

Edit: Expanded protein powder info here:

http://www.t-nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2165072

This diet is so hard to do as it is…

Now I see why I got such a negative reaction when I asked about diet sodas…

Even I’m starting to get pissed reading all these people posting that they’re starting the V-Diet when it isn’t the V-Diet at all.

Seriously…I asked the beverage question because I hadn’t seen it addressed - but it was after reading the original article and much of the Gus thread.

It’s like, “Oh yeah, I’m doing the V-Diet - I’m using ON Whey, fiber (kind of a broad topic, really), and some junk fat burner. Oh yeah, I’m also replacing three of the shakes with Umeboshi Rice Balls.”

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I like to see people succeed. Using whey only and the wrong fat burner is a sure way to fail.

Edit: Expanded protein powder info here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2165072 [/quote]

I’d like to take the time to say thank you. Not many people would help out like you do, and most of us appreciate it.

Hey guys,

Sorry I’m just a complete newbie on this, my friend told me about it – and im trying to read up as much as I can.

I’ve calculated my non-training and training calories which are 1306 and 1567.

You say that I need to do a whey/casein blend… can I purchase the casein seperatley and mix it myself? Since im based in the UK shipping costs from the US and import etc will come to quite alot of money – I know you say use “Low Carb Metabolic Drive” but I hope you can understand my point. Im not trying to cut corners, im just not rich - please dont say ‘well if you dont want to spend, then you cant want to do the diet’ thats non-sense IMO.

Anyway heres my new list then, can you guys help confim that it is ok?

• Whey Protein & Casein
  • Omega 3/Fish Oil pills
  • Multi-vitamins
  • Milled Flax Seeds

*left out HOT-ROX, way too expensive for me (~£45/$90 per bottle) I have also read that someone done well on the diet without the aid of HOT-ROX.

Oh and I also plan to follow the workout plan when I am on this diet.

Replies very much appriciated.

Is 31.99 pounds too much? No, seriously, I don’t know much about the British pound.

The Biotest UK site redirects here:

performancefoodsdirect.com/index.php?cPath=22&&page=1

How much were you looking at to put two separate proteins to mix?

EDIT: What is your avatar? I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what I’m looking at.

Hey

Well I worked it out, and Metabolic Drive will cost me £352GBP (~$700 USD)alone for the 28 days :o

Currently seeing if I can find somewhere else to purchase the products for cheaper… Do you guys in the US get it cheap or something?

Avatar is part of a pec and top arm lol – more shoulder area :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]D4NMAN wrote:
Avatar is part of a pec and top arm lol – more shoulder area :p[/quote]

Oh… I see it now. No offense but I though I was looking at some kind of anus. I was scared…

[quote]Makavali wrote:
D4NMAN wrote:
Avatar is part of a pec and top arm lol – more shoulder area :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh… I see it now. No offense but I though I was looking at some kind of anus. I was scared…[/quote]

I personally thought it was from a colonoscopy video…

Hey, I’m an RN - I’ve seen some pretty scary shit.

[quote]D4NMAN wrote:
Well I worked it out, and Metabolic Drive will cost me £352GBP (~$700 USD)alone for the 28 days :o[/quote]

Just to put it in perspective, I did it for a total cost of $1200NZ as a student.

My my, I had better change it LOL.

Ok thanks Makavali, will try and see if i can find some people in the UK on this diet – see how much its costing them and whether they’re importing or buying from here. :).

Avatar looks much better now. Although two naked chicks would make it even better…