Biotest

Starting The V-Diet, Need Some Answers

I just finished day 2 of the Velocity Diet and I got some questions for the veterans. My stats on day one were:

Height 5’6"
Weight: 190
BF: ~32% (Using my Tanita scale)

I came up with the following meal plan:

Non Lifting days
9 scoops Metabolic Drive
3 tbsp Flax Meal
2 tbsp All Natural Peanut Butter
6 Flameout
4 Fiber Choice Tablets

Totals:
1400 Calories
194 protein
56 carbs
45 fat
25 fiber

Lifting days
9 scoops Metabolic Drive
5 tbsp Flax Meal
1 tbsp All Natural Peanut Butter
6 Flameout
4 Fiber Choice
1 serving Surge

Totals:
1675 Calories
226 protein
106 carbs
46 fat
30 fiber

A) So far I have not been hungry at all. Is this because of all the fiber and water I’m drinking or did I mess up my numbers?

B) I am slowly increasing my daily dose of HOT-ROX to see how my body will handle it. So Far I took one pill a day and I will be taking 2 pills a day for the rest of week 1. Then 3 a day for week 2 and 4 a day for week 3-4 + transition phase (provided no ill effects). Anyone see a problem with this plan? Also anyone experience any problems coming off of HOT-ROX?

So far I feel pretty energized after taking one and I wonder if I am going to have to start drinking coffee daily after the diet to stay awake.

C) On The Velocity Diet HQ post I did not see any mention of the weekly “cheat” meal. Did that get removed from the new plan?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you screwed up your numbers a bit. Well… I’m not really sure. What ah ya, male or female? And do you need to lose less than or more than 35 pounds? I’m going to assume you need to lose more than 35 pounds because of your BF%

If you need to lose more than 35 pounds the calories you should shoot for are 1127 on NL Days and 1352 on lifting days.

And, I did some calculations (I’m going to need somebody else to provide some input for this). I can’t seem to fit in the PB while still getting a somewhat decent amount of protein in it. This is what I came up with…

Non Lifting Days.

MD - 8 scoops
Flax - 4 servings
PB - 0
Flameout - 6
Fiber Choice - 5 tabs

Lifting Days.

MD - 7
Flax - 4
PB - 0
Flameout - 6
Fiber Choice - 5
Surge - 1

Again, don’t follow this unless others agree. I might have screwed up something. But I don’t think I did.

Regarding the HOT-ROX. I literally have had no problem with it. And I don’t think you’ll be addicted to caffeine after 6 weeks. I mean, if anything you’ll get a headache for a few days after you stop using it (that is… if you are really caffeine sensitive).

And the (H)ealthy (S)olid (M)eal is still in the diet. Just have a good healthy solid meal a week. A nice lean protein with a ton of veggies and some good carbs will do you right.

Thanks for the help. I am a male and yes I do have quite a bit of BF to drop. I didn’t go with the aggressive plan since dropping 35 lbs in 28 days seems quite drastic to me. That is 18% of my body weight. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to get to that level, but is that kind of drop healthy?

[quote]Lex302 wrote:
Thanks for the help. I am a male and yes I do have quite a bit of BF to drop. I didn’t go with the aggressive plan since dropping 35 lbs in 28 days seems quite drastic to me. That is 18% of my body weight. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to get to that level, but is that kind of drop healthy?[/quote]

I don’t think that’s meant to imply you WILL drop more than 35 lbs, but only that you NEED to drop that much eventually.

I would use the correct formula.

[quote]kakattack wrote:
Lex302 wrote:
Thanks for the help. I am a male and yes I do have quite a bit of BF to drop. I didn’t go with the aggressive plan since dropping 35 lbs in 28 days seems quite drastic to me. That is 18% of my body weight. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to get to that level, but is that kind of drop healthy?

I don’t think that’s meant to imply you WILL drop more than 35 lbs, but only that you NEED to drop that much eventually.

[/quote]

This is correct. The formula for very overweight people does not mean you’ll lose 35 pounds in 28 days. That’s impossible. But if you NEED to lose 35 or more pounds eventually, then use that formula.

If a very overweight person uses the regular formula he’ll consume too many calories, plus he just doesn’t need that much protein. For example, though the “gram of protein per pound of body weight” rule is good, obviously a 300 pound person with little muscle mass doesn’t need 300g of protein per day.

Here’s the formula for those needing to lose over 30 or 35 pounds EVENTUALLY:

(10.2 x body weight + 879) x .50 = _______ x .8 = _______

(10.2 x body weight + 879) x .60 = _______ x .8 = _______

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

For example, though the “gram of protein per pound of body weight” rule is good, obviously a 300 pound person with little muscle mass doesn’t need 300g of protein per day.
[/quote]

So, as one poster said above, should we “35+” people just get as close to our protein goal as we can with the shakes, flax and Flameout and jettison the peanut butter, thus maximizing our protein number without exceeding our calculated calorie goal?

(I can hit 1g/lb with PWO Surge, but not on non-weights days, although I do exceed the 1.5g/lb LBM (est) that I’ve seen elsewhere as a goal during a regular PSMF that includes weight lifting).

Stormy

Thank you all for clearing this up. So I fall in the 30+ group. I need to get 1127 on NL Days and 1352 on lifting days and do not need to hit 1g/lbs protein.

So how about these numbers.

Non Lifting Days:
7 scoops MD
4 tbsp flax
1 tbsp PB
6 Flameout
5 fiber choice tablets
1113 calories, 151 protein, 49 carbs, 36 fat, 26 fiber

Lifting Days:
7 scoop MD
4 tbsp flax
1/3 tbsp pb
6 Flameout
4 fiber choice tablets
1 Surge
1351 calories, 182 protein,94 carbs, 35 fat, 25 fiber

Or should I drop the PB and go with ViciousDelicious’s suggestion?

Personally I’d keep the peanut butter. The extra fat will help keep you feeling “full” at night and you’ll find you look forward to your peanut butter feedings every night (or at least I do). Oh, and I don’t put the PB in my shakes, I eat it right off the tablespoon.

You should check out the calculations spreadsheet that allenkt came up with:

Seriously, when I started the diet it made calculations really easy.

Thanks :slight_smile: glad it helped. The other thing I recommend is that you make up a quick spreadsheet or something to track what you are eating throughout the day. I find it makes it much easier because I don’t have to try and remember how many shakes I’ve had or when I had them.