Biotest

Starting Plazma Protocol, Tips?

Hey guys
I am about to receive my first batch of Plazma/Indigo-3G and MAG-10
Do any of you have any words of wisdom or tips and tricks , it would be a huge help to hear from all of you

Great stack. What is your primary goal right now with training and diet?

[quote]Holmana wrote:
Hey guys
Do any of you have any words of wisdom or tips and tricks , it would be a huge help to hear from all of you [/quote]

Follow label instructions. Though 3 servings of Plazma is overkill for many people, 2 servings (1 pre, 1 intra) works really well and helps stretch out your supply :wink: MAG-10 post for sure. Excellent products.

[quote]Holmana wrote:
Hey guys
Do any of you have any words of wisdom or tips and tricks , it would be a huge help to hear from all of you [/quote]

I have the exact same question. I should be receiving my stack tomorrow. My main goal right now is to gain strength but more importantly get bigger and look more muscular.

This may sound sarcastic but it’s really not meant to be, but the best advice is to bust your ass in the gym and follow the labels. The supplements will do their thing, no special tips needed that I can think of that aren’t already obvious.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
This may sound sarcastic but it’s really not meant to be, but the best advice is to bust your ass in the gym and follow the labels. The supplements will do their thing, no special tips needed that I can think of that aren’t already obvious. [/quote]

Chris, I am currently doing CTs Indigo Workout so busting my ass in the gym wont be a problem. I was just more concerned with dialing in my diet. I have been trying to get 1.5g protein per lb of body weight. But looks like ill be getting less then that if I follow the prescribed diet plans. Im sure Ill figure it out. Im just excited to start and sitting at work not training reading TNATION all day leads to some over thinking.

@Sheed3K: Here’s one thing to keep in mind: it’s a little more complex than just counting grams of protein (or carb) when using Plazma and Mag-10. Actually its easier. In short, a gram of protein is not a gram of protein, and a carb is not a carb, at least in terms of how different types affect your body. For example, the protein in Mag-10 (and Plazma) is comprised of a unique di- and tripeptide complex that’s transported - unaltered, requiring no further breakdown - directly into the bloodstream. And the particular di-/tripeptide mixture found in Mag-10 produces effects in muscle that go far beyond simple amino acids from other protein sources.

Peptide structures - growth hormone and insulin being examples - have biological activities beyond regular amino acids. The peptide structures in Mag-10 also have biological activities above and beyond regular amino acids, making it a totally different animal. In fact, only 20 grams of protein from Mag-10 stimulates protein synthesis, as well as other muscle building and recovery effects, to a far greater degree than what you would get from 100s of grams of conventional protein.

Mag-10 also contains a special carbohydrate mixture that, in addition to increasing metabolic rate (these carbs are thermic in nature), drives supraphysiologic levels of these di- and tripeptides, as well as other vital nutrients, into the muscle cell.

So it’s not as simple as counting grams, but in a way it is because as long as you’re covering the workout period, you don’t have to over-think getting tons of protein from solid foods.

@Sheed3K: Here’s one thing to keep in mind: it’s a little more complex than just counting grams of protein (or carb) when using Plazma and MAG-10. Actually its easier. In short, a gram of protein is not a gram of protein, and a carb is not a carb, at least in terms of how different types affect your body. For example, the protein in MAG-10 (and Plazma) is comprised of a unique di- and tripeptide complex that’s transported - unaltered, requiring no further breakdown - directly into the bloodstream. And the particular di-/tripeptide mixture found in MAG-10 produces effects in muscle that go far beyond simple amino acids from other protein sources.

Peptide structures - growth hormone and insulin being examples - have biological activities beyond regular amino acids. The peptide structures in MAG-10 also have biological activities above and beyond regular amino acids, making it a totally different animal. In fact, only 20 grams of protein from MAG-10 stimulates protein synthesis, as well as other muscle building and recovery effects, to a far greater degree than what you would get from 100s of grams of conventional protein.

MAG-10 also contains a special carbohydrate mixture that, in addition to increasing metabolic rate (these carbs are thermic in nature), drives supraphysiologic levels of these di- and tripeptides, as well as other vital nutrients, into the muscle cell.

So it’s not as simple as counting grams, but in a way it is because as long as you’re covering the workout period, you don’t have to over-think getting tons of protein from solid foods.
[/quote]

Thanks Chris, that does help me in understanding. Im going through the article database now to help me get a better understanding and put together a solid meal plan and schedule.

Great stack. What is your primary goal right now with training and diet?[/quote]

primary goal right now is to pack on as much lean muscle to my frame as i can without putting on any unsightly flab.
busting my ass in the gym is absolutly a must but I do know that sometimes guys who have used a supplement befor me sometimes have little things that they do to enhance or tweek it thats all i was checking out.

Chris, dumb question but one I bet a lot of people have. The foam, particularly with respect to Plazma, is my biggest issue. Maybe I’m missing something but I can’t make it work as easy as the label makes it seem. I mix both Plazma and MAG-10 in the 1 liter Nalgene bottles sold by T-Nation (love them, BTW), refrigerate them overnight, and take them both to the gym with me in the morning.

If I add water to the bottle after mixing, thereby forcing the foam up and out of the bottle as the mixture dilutes, am I foregoing efficacy? Is there biological value to the foam so that I should keep it in the bottle/mixture, and avoid doing this?

No, you’re not really “losing” anything in the foam, so no worries.