Biotest

Starting Monday 3-2-09

Well, I’m Psyched to begin the V-Diet, starting on Monday.

Thanks for making the porogram easy to follow, I have no illusions that the diet will be easy to stick with, but I have been living on about three shakes a day for the last month after some oral surgery, so I think I’m primed and ready.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps with advice or adds words of POSITIVE motivation to help me along. If we area in this together, we can all be strong and succeed.

And to all the “holier-than-thou know-it-alls” who will say we can’t succeed and wish us to fail, know that you are wrong.

Pics and measurements posted tomorrow, and hope we can all motivate each other daily with progress to keep ourselves on track.

All I recommend is that you update every day (or more often) and really read around these forums… others success stories and replies in your thread are awesome motivators!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks for the positive words.

I just took some pictures, and measurements… posted next. Starting in the AM and PSYCHED TO GO. Can’t wait to have my beautiful new build by my birthday…(coincidentally the last day of the diet!)

Here we go…

From the back… will be losing those love handles soon!

Height - 6’1" (73")
Weight - 223#
(19.2% Bodyfat according to electronic Body Composition Analyzer)
Neck - 15 5/8
Shoulders - 51
Chest - Upper - 44 1/2
Chest - Lower - 40
Waist - at Navel 40 3/8
Waist - at largest 40 3/8
Hips - at largest 40 1/4
Upper Arm - L - 14 1/2
Upper Arm - R - 14 1/2
Upper Leg - L - 24 1/2
Upper Leg - R - 24 1/2
Lower Leg - L = 17
Lower Leg - R - 16 3/4
Ankle - L - 9 1/4
Ankle - R - 9 1/4

And it begins!

You sound like you’re ready to rock the diet! Keep us posted!

PS: But don’t rely too much on those electronic body fat things – even the good ones can be really wonky. Pics and measurements will tell you the real story.

Day 1 well on the way to being done, and I must say the workout is a BITCH, but effective. Going to take a few workouts to get the weight right.

I am not having a problem with hunger, in fact it is difficult to drink all the shakes required. I am a little behind, as it is 5 o clock and im only choking down the mid afternoon one. I will finish em all by bedtime though.

Looking forward to Day 2, it’s cold outside and the walk early in the AM was tough, but felt GREAT all day.

Let’s hear from my fellow March V-Dieters, and stick together

and Chris, thanks for the encouragement. You are right, ready to rock. Gonna be in the best shape of my life by my birthday (which happens to be at the end of the diet).

Let’s GO!

hi i also started today, the workouts arent that bad but the shakes taste horrible, like plastic cake blended lol. cant wait till next week to have some chicken kabob :smiley:

Fire it up brother!

Im on day one and pretty psyched… This program works, I had much success last time… Just stick with it and keep focused… When things get a little tough, focus on just the day ahead of you

(side note)
Youre a medic in the Keys? Did you ever work with a guy named Jacob from Wisconsin? Was my old partner back in Milwaukee… Btw if you work 24s, I still had success just if youre getting stacked calls through the night take a shake, worked for me

day 1 and I am drinking my before bed shake. It takes me about 30 minutes to chug the shake, and I’m not hungry per say, but I do crave something solid. I did the diet a few years back and I know that craving will go away in a day or so, so I say stick with it and watch the fat melt away.

It has been so long since I have seen the inside of a gym that it took me a bit to get the weights right too. I can’t wait until wednesday to get back in now :slight_smile:

I started by ordering just 1 of each flavor to see how they taste. None of them are “bad” I have been mixing one scoop of one flavor with a scoop of another … Choco Banana, Strawberry Banana, Strawberry vanilla, choco strawberry. SO far they have all been pretty good, at least better than a lot of other powders I have tried.

Have fun everyone it’s bed time for me

[quote]laddie wrote:
Fire it up brother!

Im on day one and pretty psyched… This program works, I had much success last time… Just stick with it and keep focused… When things get a little tough, focus on just the day ahead of you

(side note)
Youre a medic in the Keys? Did you ever work with a guy named Jacob from Wisconsin? Was my old partner back in Milwaukee… Btw if you work 24s, I still had success just if youre getting stacked calls through the night take a shake, worked for me[/quote]

Don’t know a Jacob, could he be with Key West?

Thanks for the encouragement. It’s not too bad to stick with, just got to visualize what I WILL look like when it’s at the end. That makes it ALL worthwhile.

I can do ANYTHING for 40 days!

To continue, So we end day 2. Only hard part (ok, two hard parts) about today… One it was colder than a mother this morning and the wind was blowing hard on my walk, but I made the full hour anyway…

Second, as I get back to my office after my shake for lunch, there are four ladies eating CHINESE FOOD!!! The Nerve of them! lol
It smelled great but the motivation and visualization of how I will look in a month and a few days was enough to get me through.

No problems keeping to the diet, and those fiber tabs are nasty but they do cut the hunger if you need a “quickie” in between meals. Havent tried the mint tea yet, but I did get some just in case.

As I posted on the other thread (March V-Dieters), try adding a scoop of instant coffee to the chocolate shake, makes a nice "mocha latte kinda thing. (I thought I saw someone else had recommended some Starbucks instant, but I just used generic supermarket brand, as it’s getting all mixed up anyway. Tastes fine to me, and I have my “gourmet” coffee on the way to work anyway.

Alright, that’s it for tonight… I look forward to reading about everyone else’s day as well.

Keep it up, success is the only option!

How F’n cold could it be in Florida! lol. We have 6" of snow here! I’ve been doing my walks on a stationary bike.

My wife cooked some fresh rolls with garlic butter tonight man did it smell good!

Keep on going Keys, I just finished day 5 & it’s not so bad

Well, it was 50 and the wind out of the north at about 20 mph, so there may as well have been 6" of snow.

lol

Anyway, ready to go for day 3 and out for another walk…

Ok, day three almost in the books. Workout #2 KICKED MY ASS, but it felt GREAT.

Abs are sore, wont be able to move in the morning, but that’s ok.

My biggest hurdle has been getting my lazy ass up in the AM to go for my walk first thing. So far so good, havent been late for work and I know soon the “forced” habit will become a ritual that I wont even have to think about anymore.

And I know it’s only day 3 for a lot of us, but when I was doing the Barbell Curls, I could swear my arms were leaner then last week when I was doing them, thought I started to see some veins more prominent. Whether or not this is my imagination, I really don’t care because I have a better self image, perhaps just because of the commitment I have to this.

I’m rambling, time to go make my dinner shake, pop in a movie and chill for a few minutes.

Stick to it everyone, let me know how your day went and see yo9u tomorrow!

which level workouts? i’ve been harpin on it, #2 on intermediate is killer. just wait til week two when rests go down…so so so sick. literally. all over. so sick.

Gee, something else to look foreward too…

Yeah I’m doing the intermediate. I just finished up a fairly brutal 12 week structured program that was 6 days a week, minimum rest between sets, M/T/W = High Weight Low Reps, TH/F/SA = low weight high reps, and I thought it was brutal. WOW.

Oh well, did my walk this morning already, feeling a bit Nauseous but I’m gonna force myself to eat (ok, drink) my first meal, hopefully I’ll feel better after.

I can’t handle the HOT-ROX, so I’m not doing those, they really upset my stomach.

Alright everyone, thanks for the encouraging words and thoughts, lets stay focused and look forward to a great day!

The HR was really unpleasant for me too but by day 6 it eased off. Try to take just one with 1/2 shake in the AM.

I have tried before, but I really get sick with them. I know I may not make the same progress I would with them, but Id rather not be sick all the time.

I actually took them for a few weeks one time before, and I never felt good.

Oh well, Just means I have to be super dedicated to everything else.

Well Day 4 was so awful I couldnt even post anything. Maybe taht what made it bad.

I hit one of those dreadful “boring” days with not a lot to do (had a doctors appt, so didn’t go to work at all, too much free time is BADDDD

Anyway, stuck to it but it sucked.

Hopefully today will be better, looks like veryone else is having fantastic luck. Hope to join you guys with some eye popping results from the weigh in on Sunday…

And looking forward to that meal!