Biotest

Starting March 16th Monday

I am trying out the exercises to see what weights I should use. Like I saw on other posts, not being on the diet the workout is SO TOTALLY EASY!!! I’m used to 45-75 minutes lifting or 55 minutes HIIT on a recombent bike. However I am used to slow lifts 3-1-1 tempo. Yesterday was first workout so lifting quicker has me a little sore! Nice to change it up a bit I must have been needing this.

Anyway I injured my shoulder in November, it is mostly healed ,however I am a little worried what my shoulder will do when I start some of the shoulder exercises… Whatever!! I am doing this FULL BORE!!!

No troubles fasting, a few weeks ago I lost 9 lbs on 5 days of the Lemonade Diet, keeping it off too!!! (Sadly a couple or 3 pounds was hard earned muscle, wah!!!)

I am down 75 pounds from 2 years ago (good diet and lotz of exercise) BUT I will be 49 years old end of this month and my goal is to be way more toned and way less fat% for my 50th birthday so if this works like I expect it to… I will use the VDiet 2 or 3 times to get me where I want to be over the course of the next year.

No illusions, guys you CAN’T have the body of a 20 year old when you are in your late 40’s BUT you can have a pretty good body for a late 40 year older… LOL

See you on the other side, I’ll post measurements and photos this weekend. I already have supplements…

WISH ME LUCK!!!

Not really!
Determination and commitment are WAY more powerful than luck!!!

ONE YEAR AGO-

thanks for checking in on my blog. it really helps to hear positive comments, and to just know people are watching you. It makes you feel like they’re counting on you to succeed and you can’t let them down. so good luck to you, and I’ll be a frequent visiter/supporter.

definitely drink lots of water, I have since I became serious about getting in shape 2 years ago. It’s so good for you!

HSM doesn’t help me much with hunger. I mean, it does that day, but then the effects leave pretty quickly. Nothing a shake can’t cure though! keep stoppin’ by.

I’ll be checking on you!! LOL
YUp I drink about 1-1/2 gallons water a day… I’ll definitely check in with you.

did 2nd pre- V-Diet exercise day today, trying to get poundage estimates before I start the real thing…

doing NPEA walks every day. 25 minutes yesterday, only 10 the day before but 25 minute HIIT on the eliptical with verying resistance.

Legs still pretty sore from front squats on Monday, probably combined with walk caused some soreness… I have mostly be using recombant bike last 6 months or so…
Drinking 1-2 protein shakes a day…

Will post measurements this afternoon…

argh that Surge Recovery is too sweet!!!

I am starting the 16th too… look forward to watching you progress

and I , you. I’ll stay in touch thanks!!!

Height 5’10
Weight 255
Body Fat % 28.5%
Neck 16
Shoulders 58
Chest - Upper 50
Chest - Lower 50 1/2
Waist - at Navel 47
Waist - at largest 47
Hips - at largest 45
Upper Arm - L 16
Upper Arm - R 16 1/4
Upper Leg - L 26
Upper Leg - R 25 1/2
Lower Leg - L 15 1/2
Lower Leg - R 15 1/2
Ankle - L 10
Ankle - R 9 3/4

Interested to see your progress. Just remember, like anything in life, you’ll get out of the V-Diet what you put into it. Strict compliance with the diet and then really pushing it in the gym are the only way to go. Get excited!

thanks I will,
nice cardio workout today, my last for a while WAHHHHHHH,

I CAN’T wait until Monday so I think I’ll have a nice breakfast and dinner tomorrow and Start Sunday instead of Monday…

Thanks for the encouragement

Sounds like you’re ready! Good idea you’ve done your background research so you can hit the ground running. It’s already day 17 for me and my life feels “normal” on the Velocity program. It doesn’t take long to get into a routine.

Enjoy your experience and I’m looking forward to watching you along the way.

Thanks PK, I have been seeing some of your other posts, I need to check out your blog so I don’t ask questions about your progress you’ve already answered there.

It’s amazing how quick we can adapt, for good and bad habits!!!

third week huh!!!???

Great, are you having the evening hungrys or not really?

Thanks for the encouragement

Hey Durr, your time is almost here! Thanks for the post in my thread. We’ll be starting relatively the same time so let’s see how we do. Im antzy too, I feel like im standing on a battlefield in the front lines and the commander is screaming out “wait for it…wait for it…wait for it!!”

while the challenge is bearing down on us with sharpened spears and axes. I would say “fine, let them cut off all this fat!” but…that sounds a little scary. Monday is right around the corner. (sunday for you!) I wish you much success!

does sound scary LOL
Also VERY motivated, thanks for the encouragement …
yea it’ll be fun to go through it with others at the same time, also get encouraged by old timers (those that are almost done) then WE get to cheer on the newbies!!!
I’ll try not to scare you Monday by blogging/whining “I’m soooooo hungry!!!” :slight_smile:

[quote]austin2174 wrote:
Hey Durr, your time is almost here! Thanks for the post in my thread. We’ll be starting relatively the same time so let’s see how we do. Im antzy too, I feel like im standing on a battlefield in the front lines and the commander is screaming out “wait for it…wait for it…wait for it!!”

while the challenge is bearing down on us with sharpened spears and axes. I would say “fine, let them cut off all this fat!” but…that sounds a little scary. Monday is right around the corner. (sunday for you!) I wish you much success![/quote]

OK READY SET GO!!!
I am starting a day early…
TODAY IS THE DAY I START!!!
1st shake of the Diet, yum yum…
workout later this a.m.

254 lbs-
28.5%BF

I responded to you with this in my blog, but thought you might see it first in yours. Sorry for the double post.

I think your preparation will really pay off, both the mental and physical. I would have to say that my top two keys to success have been

1)getting the weight right in the gym and then really pushing to finish every bit of the training as intensely as possible, sticking to the rest periods. The workouts should be hard. Not just because we’re on the V-diet, although that does start to become a factor, but because they are so intense. You MUST keep them that way. Just tell yourself: “I’m only working out three times a week for about 20 or 30 minutes each time…I have to push harder!”

2)keeping weigh-ins and measurements to the morning of the HSM ONLY. You start to really want to measure to see changes, but when you have to wait another few days, it really serves to motivate you to be even more strict, and to work out even harder. Basically, I always think to myself, ‘How much do I want to see that scale go down this week? Will I be happy with X? Well, I better work my ass off so that I won’t be disappointed then.’ I’m sure that a disappointing Weigh-in could really hurt on this diet. A whole week of work just to see…that. Then you spend the next week wishing you would have worked harder instead of actually WORKING HARDER. I think weekly successes serve to really energize us, and believe me, on this diet, and with this workout routine, you need all the energy you can get.

Stay strong.

GOOD POINTS thanks!

DAY #1 WORKOUT

kind of easy, not so in a week or so I bet!!!

anterior delt issue/injury still resolving itself so I have to be creative, can’t hold bar for squats front or back so I used leg press, had a little trouble zeroing in

LEG Press- 90 lb X10, 160 lb X10, 250 lb X 5,5,5,5…

Bench, had to use bar, don’t trust shoulder
90 lb- 9 reps, 110 lbs 5,4,5,3

Lat pull down 190 lb X 10,10,10,10,10… OK I can’t do a chin up at 255 lbs but 190 lbs was stacking the cable pulley and obviously it was too light, I’ll have to tweak it more next Sunday.

Ab wheel 8,6,6 again anterior deltoid limited my full extension. I found one at store for $10, NOT Walmart, though they used to carry it a year ago…

33 minutes - 2 miles NEPA on 4.0 incline treadmill

26 minute workout, W/O NEPA that made it 59 minutes with.

mmmmm- Surge recovery wasn’t too sweet today, maybe cuzz I know that I’m not getting any food today:)

Good luck, I think you will do well because of your progess thus far!

DAY # 2

1 hour NEPA this a.m.
didn’t feel very energetic…

shakes are OK, Hot-Rox makes me nauseous… whatever, I don’t get sick so whatever doesn’t kill you…

LOL