Biotest

Starting Diet on Monday 1/5/08

I have been reading what I can on the Velocity Diet and have some confusion. I am currently 242lbs. and carry my weight where most guys do in the belly. I do have a front butt :frowning: Anyway since I have more than 30lbs to lose I have plugged in the numbers utilizing the following formula: (10.2x242 plus 879)x0.5 x 0.8 and get 1338 so roughly 1300 calories.

The weight training days utilizing the following formula (10.2 x 242 plus 879)x 0.6 x 0.8 comes out to 1606 or roughly 1300 calories. Ok so far so good but the problem I am running into is that in using 5 shakes with the milled flax seed and adding peanut butter along with Flameout and 2 fiber tablets I come in at 1564 calories which is 225 more calories than I should consume based on the above formulas.

This also only gives me 220 grams of protein which is less than the 1 gram per pound of bodyweight that is recommended. My thoughts were to cut out the flax seed and peanunt butter and add 2 more fiber tablets to get back to 25 grams of fiber and this will put me at 1390 calories.

What are your thoughts? Do I need the flax and peanut butter for healthy fats? If so will upping my calories to being over by 225 calories hurt?

Looking forward to some feedback,.

[quote]cwilt wrote:
I have been reading what I can on the Velocity Diet and have some confusion. I am currently 242lbs. and carry my weight where most guys do in the belly. I do have a front butt :frowning: Anyway since I have more than 30lbs to lose I have plugged in the numbers utilizing the following formula: (10.2x242 plus 879)x0.5 x 0.8 and get 1338 so roughly 1300 calories.

The weight training days utilizing the following formula (10.2 x 242 plus 879)x 0.6 x 0.8 comes out to 1606 or roughly 1300 calories. Ok so far so good but the problem I am running into is that in using 5 shakes with the milled flax seed and adding peanut butter along with Flameout and 2 fiber tablets I come in at 1564 calories which is 225 more calories than I should consume based on the above formulas.

This also only gives me 220 grams of protein which is less than the 1 gram per pound of bodyweight that is recommended. My thoughts were to cut out the flax seed and peanunt butter and add 2 more fiber tablets to get back to 25 grams of fiber and this will put me at 1390 calories.

What are your thoughts? Do I need the flax and peanut butter for healthy fats? If so will upping my calories to being over by 225 calories hurt?

Looking forward to some feedback,. [/quote]

You don’t need a gram per pound of body weight if you’re carrying a lot of fat. That “rule” is mainly for those who have lots of muscle and a little fat to lose, not a lot.

So don’t sweat the protein. 200g of protein per day is fine for you.

You can also utilize half-shakes to modify calories or, in your case, half a serving of natural peanut butter.

Chris thanks for the quick reply I will modify by taking 1/2 of the peanut butter… my other question is do I need to have flax or should I keep it out to keep my calories low?

You NEED the flax, bowel movements might prove much more difficult without it. It also has healthy fats that you need in the diet.

Don’t “skip” things to keep the calories low, you need ALL of them. Just make sure they are in the right amounts for the diet.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
You NEED the flax, bowel movements might prove much more difficult without it. It also has healthy fats that you need in the diet.

Don’t “skip” things to keep the calories low, you need ALL of them. Just make sure they are in the right amounts for the diet.[/quote]

What he said.