Biotest

Started V-Diet Today

My husband and I started the V-diet today. I’m choking down the last shake as I type! Definitely not hungry! Today was easy. I’m glad to be doing it with my husband and a friend because I know there will be hard days, and the support will be needed!
Here are my starting measurements…I’ve put on about 8lbs the past few weeks! YIKES! I’m up about 16lbs from my lowest since making lifestyle changes, working out and loosing baby weight. Needed to do something to get back into the swing of things!

Height 5’5
Weight 155
Neck 12
Shoulders 39
Chest - Upper 35
Chest - Lower 38
Waist - at Navel 35
Waist - at largest 36 1/4
Hips - at largest 44
Upper Arm - L 12
Upper Arm - R 12
Upper Leg - L 24.5
Upper Leg - R 26
Lower Leg - L 15
Lower Leg - R 15
Ankle - L 9.5
Ankle - R 9.5

We completed NEPA tonight by walking and taking turns pulling our 2 girls in a wagon. Great 1st day.

Good Luck Guys, Keep the workout intense and keep the NEPA high.

good luck

Day 2-DONE!
Today went well. I survived a potluck at work and cooking for my 2 girls. Really not too bad. Haven’t really felt tempted. Still excited and motivated!

Completed NEPA tonight- a 30 minute walk in a hilly neighborhood while pulling my 2 year old in a wagon! Ready for workout tomorrow!

Getting close to the end of day 3. Had a tough moment this afternoon…I was hungry and had to fix my girls a snack. I wanted a goldfish and a cube of cheese…but I survived! Temptation just lasted a moment, and then reality hit. Focusing on the end results I’m after…much better than a goldfish. I had to gag down a couple of shakes today, also. Don’t really know how to help that. I’ll try to follow my husband’s advice- "Drink don’t think!"
First workout completed on my lunch break. Proud of my performance. NEPA completed first thing this morning-4:00 a.m. to be exact!

I’m proud of you baby. Thanks for doing this with me.

Got busy looking over today’s workout last night and never blogged. Feeling good today. Enjoyed the workout. Haven’t done dead lifts in a while, and I still consider myself a newbie in the gym. Worked out with my friend who is also on the V-diet. We were exhausted and shaking when done, but felt good. I’m feeling thinner through the waist, and already seeing more definition.
Loving me some V-diet. So worth it!

Day 6 complete. Ready to weigh in the morning and have HSM tomorrow night.

Today completes day 7! I weighed today- 149. I was down 6lbs! I am pleased with that! I didn’t do all my measurements. Think I will do halfway and final. My clothes are fitting looser so I know I’ve lost some inches!

I had a great workout this morning and honestly was more excited about my butt being sore tomorrow than my HSM! Had A little steak, baked salmon, asparagus, and a spinach salad for dinner. It tasted good, and I filled up pretty quickly!

So one week down. What have I learned? I can so do this! I have followed the plan with making only little changes like when I have my one scoop shake. Afternoons are hardest for me as far as cravings so I’ve been making my snack shake with 2 scoops and my 5th shake with 1 scoop. This seems to work well for me, and I’m assuming would still meet Chris’s approval!

This weeks goals are to continue with the plan, increase my weights at the gym, and increase the length of my NEPA. I would love to loose at least 4 lbs this week, and see a little more of a 6 pack!

Completed challenge yesterday in 20:45. Great workout! Today is actually day 9…19 days to go!

Great progress! Awesome you are doing this as a couple. Great weekly goals. You are poised for success!

Great progress! Awesome you are doing this as a couple. Great weekly goals. You are poised for success!

Keep it up…the reward of the diet is simply amazing!!!

Thanks Hooner and Action!

Went to the gym this morning. Had a good workout despite going on very little sleep due to a sick kiddo, and a toddler who decided not to sleep between 12-2 this morning.
Workout:
Dumbbell Squat- 30lbs
Bench- 15lbs
Bent Over Row Dumbbell- 25lbs
all 4 sets of 10
Plank- 65, 60, 50, 50

No NEPA today. Disappointed, but honestly can’t work it into schedule and I’ve got to sleep. Plan to get up and do elliptical in the morning at home while hubs goes to gym. Drinking my final shake tonight as hot chocolate- nice change, and just ate the nut butter. Welcomed change. 18 more days!

Im proud of you baby. You are very inspiring to me to keep moving forward on this diet. I am enjoying doing this with you.

[quote]ggold005 wrote:
Im proud of you baby. You are very inspiring to me to keep moving forward on this diet. I am enjoying doing this with you. [/quote]

Don’t want to get mushy on T-Nation, but doing this as a couple really helps. Hubs and I are both motivated, yet still have moments when hell, we just want to eat. Having someone else understand your desire to do this diet, yet understand the occasional frustration that comes with it, keeps you focused on your goals. He is the stronger person in our relationship and could do this without me. Me on the other hand, I’m glad he has my back (which I may add is getting more muscular)

And…I tried on a pair of pants this morning that had developed a little bit of a muffin top. Not anymore! That’s motivation! Bring on the shakes!

No NEPA this morning. I’m a loser. If I have to carry my feverish child on my back this afternoon, I will complete a good walk!

Hey baby,

Im so proud of you for going to that shower tonight and sticking with the diet. I know you were dreading it, but I also know you will love the results at the end of this diet. Thanks for doing this with me. It would be tough on both of us if we did not do it together. HSM in one day BABY!!!

[quote]ggold005 wrote:
Hey baby,

Im so proud of you for going to that shower tonight and sticking with the diet. I know you were dreading it, but I also know you will love the results at the end of this diet. Thanks for doing this with me. It would be tough on both of us if we did not do it together. HSM in one day BABY!!![/quote]

Thanks! Mexican food and Margaritas…actually easier to resist than I expected. I now understand the feeling of I want to want that, but really I wasn’t too tempted. I was ready to get home to the pb shake!

Workout this morning was tough. I felt light headed. Didn’t get my last shake down last night bc I tried something different. Think its important to follow the diet- take in what you need. Pushed through the workout, and drank the Surge during it. Too early for shake before workout.
Day 12 done. So close to halfway! Ready to weigh and measure on Saturday. Oh and I guess have a HSM, too!

Down 13 now complete! Can’t believe tomorrow is the halfway point. I’m anxious to do measurements and weigh. I cheated and weighed today. I don’t think I will be down 4lbs this week, but I’ve worn pants the past 2 days that I haven’t fit in in a while. That’s a better measure anyway!
I’m still going strong and a believer in the V-diet. I’m craving healthy food, but not in a got to have it way. I just look forward to eating healthy.

Day 15

Well, I’m feeling a little bummed. I’m down just 1 lb this week. 7 total, and I know I’m loosing inches, and my clothes feel looser. I just was hoping for more. Please quit reading now unless you are OK with a little whining…you’ve been warned.

I have 2 small children. I plan and prepare 3 meals, and 2 snacks a day for them. I.DON’T.EAT.A.THING. I get up at 3:45 am 2 days a week in order to get my workout done in time to get home and get things ready for the day. On Saturdays, I go to the gym a little later. This week was tough with getting in my NEPA. I had a sick child that wanted her momma. That is my priority.

So this is the first time I have ever done a diet and done it right. I am following it to a T. I feel I am getting stronger at the gym, and I feel good. My husband is supportive, but has lost 10 lbs total and really didn’t need to. Tonight he was trying to encourage me and make me feel better, but saying we need to work out together really didn’t help. I work hard in the gym. I increase my weights. I’m following the plan. I don’t need him there with me. (Although I do enjoy going with you, honey:) Why one dang pound this week??!!

Tomorrow is day 16. I’ve read that you really see results during weeks 3 and 4. I’m ready to see them.

Here are a few measurements from tonight. I’m thinking I shouldn’t have done them at night immediately following shake 5. I was full.

Start   Week 1  Week 2

Chest - Lower 38 37 3/4
Waist - at Navel 35 34 1/2
Waist - at largest 36 1/4 35 1/2 35 1/2
Hips - at largest 44 43 1/4 42 3/4
Upper Arm - L 12 12
Upper Arm - R 12
Upper Leg - L 24 1/2 24 3/4
Upper Leg - R 26 25 1/4
Lower Leg - L 15 15 1/4

So I lost 3 inches, but then gained 1/2 inch total from 2 areas. It is hard to remember the exact place to measure.

I’m thinking I may drop one scoop this week and see what happens. Got to create some more time in the day for NEPA…just don’t know how!