Belly: 42.5
Hips: 40.5
Upper Leg: L: 29.25 R: 29.5
Lower Leg: L: 17 R 17.5
Chest: 39 under: 34
Shoulders: 44.5
Upper Arm: L:13.5 R: 13.5
Neck: 13.25

Soo the first two shakes today were not what I expected. On the first one I tried the “milk shake” thing…ugh, never again. Way to thick, I would just rather drink it quickly to get it over with. The taste(Vanilla) is actually not all that bad. For me it’s a little to sweet, I’m not much on sweets but it was bearable. The second shake I made w/ just water(no ice) but it wasn’t all that cold(still kinda thick) sooooo lesson learned. Third shake was good to go (cold, a little diluted, consumed quickly).

I did experience a headache today, which for me is not a part of the norm sooo hopefully that doesn’t happen everyday. No hunger issues today!! I know I know they’re coming!

Well, I took pictures but I will post them on my profile after week 1 is over!!!

Good Luck to all the V-Dieters!!

Hey girl,
I am doing V-Diet myself. Today is my day # 10. First couple of days was tough but it does get better! Even the taste of the shakes…I used to complain a lot but now I swear i don’t find it gross anymore. You just get use to it…

Stay strong and you will definitely see the difference soon. I posted on my profile 2 days ago that I do not see any changes after a week of dieting but whatever happened within those past 2 days I don’t know but I am getting “smaller”. I do have a long way to go but these small changes are very encouraging and you just wanna more and more and more…especially when you know that you are getting rid of the fat and not muscles like on any other diet…at least from my experience!

Do not recommend to weigh yourself until after one week, you will be more pleased after 7 days and the weight does go up and down every day…I read it somewhere.

Stick to it and the bikini season will be all yours!!

tina-T!!

I read your thread which I’m glad because it was your thread that brought it to my attention I messed up my formula for my caloric intake. I too am doing the “want to lose over 35lbs”. I saw your pictures too and you can see a difference, well I could anyway. Your doing great!!

I have to get my mind off of the scale, I usually weigh myself everyday…I stepped on the scale this morning not even thinking about it until after I did it. I want to OWN bikini season…LOL. Keep up the good work tina…looking forward to seeing you succeed!!!

[quote]tina-T wrote:
Hey girl,
I am doing V-Diet myself. Today is my day # 10. First couple of days was tough but it does get better! Even the taste of the shakes…I used to complain a lot but now I swear i don’t find it gross anymore. You just get use to it…

Stay strong and you will definitely see the difference soon. I posted on my profile 2 days ago that I do not see any changes after a week of dieting but whatever happened within those past 2 days I don’t know but I am getting “smaller”. I do have a long way to go but these small changes are very encouraging and you just wanna more and more and more…especially when you know that you are getting rid of the fat and not muscles like on any other diet…at least from my experience!

Do not recommend to weigh yourself until after one week, you will be more pleased after 7 days and the weight does go up and down every day…I read it somewhere.

Stick to it and the bikini season will be all yours!![/quote]

Day 2 of V-Diet:

Short Story:
So, on my way to work this morning I stopped at the red light and what do I see when I look at the car to the right of me, this lady enjoyably satisfying her hunger.I swear it was like slow motion… B*TCH!!, was my immediate reaction but as we slowly start moving I laughed at myself and thought “I should have blew the horn to break her concentration”…HA!!

Question:
Is it me or do the rest of you seem like you are way to full seomtimes to consume another shake?? Well today I felt really full so I actually skipped two of my shakes I was supposed to have during work and waited until I got home and consumed enough calories to meet my daily amount.

And let me tell you…the vanilla powder w/ the flax and the peanut butter…WHO KNEW!!! That drink was like a small sip of heaven…I was SUPER excited about that!!

Just to touch on the rest of lastnight(I posted before my day was over) which happen to be my lifting night, my Surge (chocolate) taste very similar to chocolate milk…which I happen to love. So no complaints from me about that one.

All in all, I haven’t had many cravings and I don’t really mind the taste of the shakes, so far so good!..

However, I did still experience the headache on and off today. But it’s not extreme.

One of the awesome things I’ve started to realize over the past few days is even if you do see people satisfying their hunger, eventually you’ll be surprised by what people actually eat! It can be ridiculous.

I’ll go to the mall with my friends and since I can’t eat I’ll look around and see hundreds of people stuffing their face with food. I can’t imagine going back to my old ways of doing the same. Once you start to progress, seeing other people eat won’t bother you, at least not as much.

With regards to being full from shakes, I honestly can’t wait til I get to drink another. I usually drink at least 2 bottles of water between shakes as well. Some people can handle a lot of liquid through out the day while others cannot. It may just take some getting used to.

One final note, tina-T was right about weighing yourself. There is an article on here somewhere explaining the process, which must be what she read as well. Weighing your self should go as follows:

Weigh yourself only ONCE per week. There will be fluctuation day to day in your weight, but if you stick true to your diet, you will see progress after 7 days. Weigh yourself the day of your “cheat meal”, but make sure to weigh yourself in the morning right after you wake up and right after you go to the bathroom. Also do not consume any liquids/food prior to weighing in. That’s all!

Good luck with the progression!

Matt

[quote]Lon3star wrote:
One of the awesome things I’ve started to realize over the past few days is even if you do see people satisfying their hunger, eventually you’ll be surprised by what people actually eat! It can be ridiculous.

I’ll go to the mall with my friends and since I can’t eat I’ll look around and see hundreds of people stuffing their face with food. I can’t imagine going back to my old ways of doing the same. Once you start to progress, seeing other people eat won’t bother you, at least not as much.

With regards to being full from shakes, I honestly can’t wait til I get to drink another. I usually drink at least 2 bottles of water between shakes as well. Some people can handle a lot of liquid through out the day while others cannot. It may just take some getting used to.

One final note, tina-T was right about weighing yourself. There is an article on here somewhere explaining the process, which must be what she read as well. Weighing your self should go as follows:

Weigh yourself only ONCE per week. There will be fluctuation day to day in your weight, but if you stick true to your diet, you will see progress after 7 days. Weigh yourself the day of your “cheat meal”, but make sure to weigh yourself in the morning right after you wake up and right after you go to the bathroom. Also do not consume any liquids/food prior to weighing in. That’s all!

Good luck with the progression!

Matt[/quote]

Thanks for the incouraging words Matt!! I am trying to stick to the 7 day rule for weighing but it’s killing me…ha. As far as the shakes go, I guess I can’t consume that much liquid…I really do feel sometimes like if I drink another shake when I am supposed to I could just puke. But I am going to work it out…again thanks for the tips!!!

Well, I didn’t blog yesterday but Day 3 has been the worst day so far w/ the cravings. I got through it successfully though.

Day 4: I MISS EATING! I am going to make tomorrow my solid meal day, my friend is in town and she wants to eat at this place she has never been before. So, I will get a salad w/ grilled chicken on it!! I really can’t wait. I am just going to make every Sunday my solid meal day. It actually works out great for me and the fam. We kinda have our Sunday dinner tradition, and I really don’t want to miss that! Today has been good other than I really want some real food!! I can only handle so much sweet stuff…I hope tomorrow meal will satisfy my need for a real meal…

I only have 3 more days until I weigh in, I can’t wait!!!

Hope you enjoyed your weekly meal! I sure know I did. Stay strong, and your weigh in on Weds will be the motivation you need to keep pushing through day to day.

Matt-

My meal was amazing!!! But it also reminded me that I need to keep up w/ my program because I could tell I could quickly go back to my bad habbits. I did have the salad w/ grilled chicken however w/ me being on this diet it is forcing me to make better decisions. Today so far has actually been tough for me. I feel very nauseous, I mean to the point of as I am drinking my shake I am slightly dry heaving…uck! So I am trying to work through it. Did you ever experience this?? I will post later tonight for Day5. Hopefully I feel better as the day goes on.

JD

Nope, I can still pound the shakes quite easily =\ … I love bananas so banana flavored WHEY goes down smooth for me. I’ve always been able to drink things quickly. Some people just have a harder time drinking the shakes. My sister tried to do a lighter version of the diet and gave up simply because she couldn’t consume that much liquid. Hopefully things get easier for you so you can stay strong. Keep at it!

Day 5: was the absolute worst. I felt like I was going to puke all day. I think it may have been the HOT-ROX, I upped the dosage to 4 pills per day. Well, the shakes are actually getting worse for me, I started out fine w/ them but now when I go to drink one I dry heave…ha. I still try to get in as many as I can but I don’t always consume the required amount.

Day 6: I think my mind is playing tricks on me. When I was hungry today I would go to make a shake and all of a sudden I didn’t feel hungry anymore, I think the problem from yesterday is continuing. This sucks! However, I did not have my nauseated feeling from yesterday(I went back down to 3 HOT-ROX).Well I took my measurements tonight because I’m not going to have time in the morning. However, I will weigh in the morning to see how the week went.

As far as inches, I am down a total of 11.75"!!(after week one)

i’m pretty excited about that!! :-). I don’t really care about weight to much as long as my body looks the way it’s supposed to. I will be happy to see a smaller number on the scale but I am really looking forward to my body shrinking down to smaller and smaller sizes!

Stick with it!! It is worth it !! This diet is tough at the beginning ( headache, diziness, hunger,…etc) but I promise it DOES get easier and the results are fabulous!! When I feel like cheating or giving up, I go for a looong walk,I listen to my i-pod and I think about the summer and all those sunny days at the beach. I know the summer is already here but think more july/august… :slight_smile:

Good luck!! And post those photos girl!!

I weighed in this morning!!!

Week 1 stats:

Weight: 190
Belly: 40.75
Hips: 39.5
Upper Leg: L: 27 R: 27.75
Lower Leg: L: 16.5 R: 16.75
Chest: Over: 38 Under: 33.25
Shoulders: 43.25
Upper Arm: L: 13.25 R: 13.25
Neck: 13

That’s a total of 10lbs and 11.75 inches lost…woooo whooooo!!! Now, that’s motivation!!!

I will post pics tonight hopefully!

Awesome JD! There are those big numbers you were hoping to pull off =D

Keep up the work… it’ll be more than gratifying.

Well I’m not good w/ pics on the computer.

Week 1 photo.

left

left

right

right