Biotest

Started V-Diet & Gained a Pound!

Hi everyone,

I started the V-Diet last Monday, September 15th. I weighed myself and took my measurements, and I didn’t lose a pound. I actually gained a pound, and my measurements did not change. I followed the directions to the letter. So my question is, has anyone else had this issue?

I weigh 221 and would like to get down to 180. I have a large bone frame structure, 5’6". Please help!!! My boyfriend is coming home from Iraq and I want to look killer in my school-girl costume for him! :smiley:

Thank you,

Misty

Why don’t you tell us your calories, supplements used, workout program, measurement changes etc. then maybe we can diagnose the problem.

Have you weighed yourself in the same conditions?

A good moment to weigh yourself would be first thing in the morning, after haven been to the toilet

Misty contacted me via PM as she couldn’t find this thread (new forum user). Looks like she used the wrong calorie formula but I’ve asked her to post back here with more details so we can figure it out for sure.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Why don’t you tell us your calories, supplements used, workout program, measurement changes etc. then maybe we can diagnose the problem. [/quote]

Thank you Chris and J for responding. The calories I was using 1666 calories on non lifting days, and 2096 calories for lifting days. I walked for 20-30 minutes everyday, and on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I would use Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred program.

My measurements did not change, they are in inches:
I weight 221 now and am 5ft 6inches tall, large bone frame structure.

Bust: 43
Waist: 38.5
Hips: 49.5
right arm bicep: 13.5
left arm bicep: 13.5

I am using the Chocolate Metabolic Drive, and the Flameout Capsules.
A non lifting day menu would look like this:

Breakfast: 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 serving milled flax seed, 1 natural peanut butter. (470 calories)
Midmorning snack: 1 scoop Metabolic Drive 1 fiber choice tablet: (108 calories)
Lunch: 2 scoops Metabolic Drive (200 calories)
Mid Afternoon: 1 scoop Metabolic Drive, 1 Fiber Choice (108 calories)
Dinner: 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 serving peanut butter (410)
Evening Meal: 1 scoop Metabolic Drive, 1 serving milled flax seed, 1 serving peanut butter (370 calories)

Lifting days: the same, but added 2 scoops Surge Root Beer and 1 serving peanut butter (430 calories)

Thank you again for your help! :slight_smile:

[quote]Joris wrote:
Have you weighed yourself in the same conditions?

A good moment to weigh yourself would be first thing in the morning, after haven been to the toilet[/quote]

Thank you Joris for your response. Yes, I weighed myself under the same conditions. First thing in the morning after going to the restroom, stark naked.

Okay, Misty, a few problems here:

1. At your weight and sex, your calories should be:

1250 on non-weight training day
1500 on weight-training day

So, you were consuming too many calories.

1. This is probably related to #1, but the peanut butter is to come only once per day, preferably in the last shake. Looks like you were having it many times per day, hence way too many calories.

3.I don’t know what “Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred program” is, but have you looked into the recommended weight training workouts for the V-Diet? Here’s the info:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/the_official_vdiet_workouts

1. Are you taking HOT-ROX and/or Se7en as the diet suggests?

2. Make sure the Metabolic Drive you’re using is the low-carb variety, not the Complete.

So, re-figure everything and let us know what you come up with. You may want to run it all by the forum once you’re finished so we can spot any potential problems.

Hi Misty,

I just thought I would throw this up as an example of how you might be over shooting your meals.

Our breakfasts are basically the same but there is a huge discrepancy between calories. Take a look.

Your breakfast = 470 calories
Mine = 2 scoops chocolate MD =220 calories, 1 tbs all natty peanut butter (1/2 of a serving) = 95 calories, 1 tbs flax = 60 calories.

Total = 375 calories

As you can see that is almost a one hundred calorie difference. Also, that is one of my most calorie dense shakes.

I’m sure if you use Chris’ suggestions you’ll be able to readjust the diet and wind up wildly successful. I’m pulling for you!

Sorry your calculations were off, but it looks like Chris has gotten you turned around. Next week will be much better. I haven’t lost much in weight, but the inches are coming off. I guarantee if you get the numbers right, things will be working for you also.

Here to rooting for ya!

Stay strong!

fitnesslady

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Okay, Misty, a few problems here:

1. At your weight and sex, your calories should be:

1250 on non-weight training day
1500 on weight-training day

So, you were consuming too many calories.

1. This is probably related to #1, but the peanut butter is to come only once per day, preferably in the last shake. Looks like you were having it many times per day, hence way too many calories.

3.I don’t know what “Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred program” is, but have you looked into the recommended weight training workouts for the V-Diet? Here’s the info:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/the_official_vdiet_workouts

1. Are you taking HOT-ROX and/or Se7en as the diet suggests?

2. Make sure the Metabolic Drive you’re using is the low-carb variety, not the Complete.

So, re-figure everything and let us know what you come up with. You may want to run it all by the forum once you’re finished so we can spot any potential problems.
[/quote]

Thank you so much for your help. No I’m not taking the HOT-ROX or Se7en, I’m not sure how they would react with my medication that I take for my Lupus. :frowning: I am taking the low carb MD, so that’s A-ok. :slight_smile:

The 30 day shred is alot of bodyweight bearing exercises. I got it off of ExerciseTV. I will take a look at the workout you described. :slight_smile: I will go back on the diet starting tomorrow. :slight_smile: 6 weeks til school girl outfit! LOL!

[quote]CharlieStrange wrote:
Hi Misty,

I just thought I would throw this up as an example of how you might be over shooting your meals.

Our breakfasts are basically the same but there is a huge discrepancy between calories. Take a look.

Mine = 2 scoops chocolate MD =220 calories, 1 tbs all natty peanut butter (1/2 of a serving) = 95 calories, 1 tbs flax = 60 calories.

Total = 375 calories

As you can see that is almost a one hundred calorie difference. Also, that is one of my most calorie dense shakes.

I’m sure if you use Chris’ suggestions you’ll be able to readjust the diet and wind up wildly successful. I’m pulling for you![/quote]

Thank you everyone for your support… I am going to go back on the diet tomorrow, and use the figures that Chris gave me. I will post again next week on Thursday and let you know if anything changed. :slight_smile:

[quote]mistyfi wrote:
CharlieStrange wrote:
Hi Misty,

Total = 375 calories

I’m sure if you use Chris’ suggestions you’ll be able to readjust the diet and wind up wildly successful. I’m pulling for you!

[/quote]

Thank you all of you for pulling for me, I can’t wait to get started tomorrow. I will post next week and let you know my progress is. :slight_smile:

Just wanted to give an update. I weighed myself Monday morning (I couldn’t wait) and I lost 5 pounds!!! Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction!!!

[quote]mistyfi wrote:
mistyfi wrote:
CharlieStrange wrote:
Hi Misty,

Total = 375 calories

Thank you all of you for pulling for me, I can’t wait to get started tomorrow. I will post next week and let you know my progress is. :)[/quote]

Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

OMG, Not excersize TV! Noooooooo!!!

j/k, but serious, you should try Chad Waterbury’s protocol, he’s a very smart man, and I’m sure it will accelerate your fat loss to it’s maximum potential!

Congrats on the poundage loss, keep it up!