Biotest

Started Today

Finishing up shake # 2 as I write this.

I was a lucky guy who never gained a pound above high school weight, till I was 42. In the 10 years since I turned 42, I gained about 30 - 35 lbs.

2 years ago I lost 22 lbs on the zone and Enter the Kettlebell in 12 weeks. Then slacked off and gained 15 of it back!

So here goes. Will post pics/measures later

Welcome, and keep us posted!

Good luck with the diet and keep us posted!

Measurements

5’7"
190 lbs

Neck 16
chest 42
bicep 15
chest 42
navel 42
waist 38
hips 41
thigh 22
calf 15.5

Day 1 was OK. Never got hungry. Getting used to Hot-Rox.

Cooked dinner for the family last night, no issues with that.

First beginner workout this morning.

Question about plank holds: how many reps do you do? 40? That’s gonna be brutal.

From my understanding you only do 2 with the rest period between them as long as you can hold it.

Good morning to all on Day 3.

So far so good. Found the shakes taste a little more agreeable on day 2. They certainly are not vile, and taste better than most protein powders I’ve tried (faint praise I know).

One thing, I am getting nicely sleepy, and ready to turn in around 9:30. This is great because for the last few years my sleep hygiene has been poor. I down my last shake a half hour before bed and 2 things happen

1. I get really warm when I get in bed. like a hot flash. That takes 30 minutes or so to subside. I don’t notice this during the day. In the day I notice the opposite. I am cool and often have clammy hands. I think that is HOT-ROX induced. I am normally warm natured and seldom need a heavy coat

2. Once I lie down, it may take me 2 hours to fall asleep. I usually fall asleep right away. I imagine it all has to do with this recent shock to the system…Quality of sleep is good and I awake feeling rested.

All in all this is going well. Wouldn’t call it fun, but it is definitely doable.

Off now for day 3 walk.

Hang in there everyone.

Day 1 Pictures…eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

It’s morning of Day 4, and I already see a big difference. Man boobs are shrinking!

All in all feel pretty good. No cravings, and have been cooking for the family. Have not ever gotten really hungry, but the 3 hour timing must be observed.

By shake #5, I am well ready for a break from them!

Pic 2

pic 3

Great job so far! You are a couple days ahead of me - So I will be excited to have someone to run through the next three weeks! Keep up the good work.

Finished off my first jar of MD.

Feeling lots better now. Good energy, mentally clear, digestion working fine with no added fiber.

Pulled in a belt notch today! Loving my walks. Still dialing in the weight for the workout.

HSM - Tomorrow

Week 1 weigh and measure - Thurs.

Week 1 Measurements

5’7"
190 lbs

weight lost 4.6 lbs
inches lost 9.0

Start    week 1

weight 190 185.4 (4.6)

Neck 16 15.5 (.5)
chest 42 41 (1)
l. bicep 15 14.5 (.5)
r. bicep 15 14.5 (.5)
navel 42 40 (2)
waist 38 36 (2)
butt 41 41 0
l. thigh 22 21.5 (.5)
r.thigh 22 21.5) (.5)
l. calf 15.5 15 (.5)
r. calf 15.5 15 (.5)
ankles 8.5 8.5
wrists 7.0 7.0

As important as the measrements are the subjective things…I pulled in a notch on my belt, and am wearing my soon to be too big pants around my waist instead of my hips.

I have been 100% compliant. This is really not that hard, at least for me. And the results are fantastic motivators.

Will post end of week one photos later.

This program works. It’s simple to follow. I do miss solid meals, but they will come soon enough.

end of week 1

end of week 1

end week 1

HSM # 1

Grilled rib eye

1/2 backed sweet potato with a pat of butter

1/3 avocado, sliced

big ceasar salad, with home made exekiel bread croutons

The meal was great, really satisfying and I enjoyed preparing it.

On with week 2!

Haven’t posted lately; so here’s the scoop. I am day 3 of week 3.

First, screw the scale. I know your weight varies as much as 3 - 5 lbs a day, but on this past Wed. (my appointed weigh and measure day) I weighed .6 lb MORE, after my walk! No more weigh in till the end of the 28 days, and the end of the 6 weeks. From then on I will weigh on the first of the month, and that will be all.

Meantime, can anyone recommend a decent scale. I have a tanita. I know the fat % is BS, but I think the scale is crappy too.

I measured on Wed. before Thanksgiving, and had lost another inch from my chest and navel measures. No pics though till this Thursday.

I am noticeably slimmer now, and almost don’t have a crease at the bottom of my belly. I am wearing shirts I haven’t worn in years. I feel lighter and stronger, though work capacity (outside of work outs ) seems diminished. Not surprising given the calorie restriction.

I am noticing a change in appetite, as in, I have one! One of the ways I got so fat was drinking 6 plus beers almost nightly. No surprise this really hosed my food appetite.

The first 2 weeks I seldom got hungry between shakes. Now I dom in good way…not ravenous or desparate, just ready to eat, I have no problems getting all 5 shakes in every day.

My HSM was Thanksgiving dinner. I had some of everything, and enjoyed it, but it was no big deal. I found myself thinking that s shake woulda been OK instead.

I am sleeping much better; the wife says I hardly snore.

Now, I am anxious to see my BP go down.

This diet is changing my life. It has not been hard. My family supports it, and I see results. In a week or so I expect to be wearing my old 31" jeans. YES!

I will still have weight to lose after transition, but I succeeded with the Zone before, and that’s the route I’ll take, and stay with.

Chris - THANK YOU! I could not get motivated this time, but V-Diet really kick me in the ass, and is all you promised it would be.

Depending on how things look after New Year’s I may well do another round in Feb. I would not want to this in summer…I enjoy summer food, and am very active with water sports. But it has fit my winter very well.

If you are thinking about the V-Diet. Just commit, and frickin do it!

[quote]bmcbass wrote:
Week 1 Measurements

5’7"
190 lbs

weight lost 4.6 lbs
inches lost 9.0

Start    week 1

weight 190 185.4 (4.6)

Neck 16 15.5 (.5)
chest 42 41 (1)
l. bicep 15 14.5 (.5)
r. bicep 15 14.5 (.5)
navel 42 40 (2)
waist 38 36 (2)
butt 41 41 0
l. thigh 22 21.5 (.5)
r.thigh 22 21.5) (.5)
l. calf 15.5 15 (.5)
r. calf 15.5 15 (.5)
ankles 8.5 8.5
wrists 7.0 7.0

As important as the measrements are the subjective things…I pulled in a notch on my belt, and am wearing my soon to be too big pants around my waist instead of my hips.

I have been 100% compliant. This is really not that hard, at least for me. And the results are fantastic motivators.

Will post end of week one photos later.

This program works. It’s simple to follow. I do miss solid meals, but they will come soon enough.
[/quote]

End of week 4 Measurements (today), and total numbers for 28 days

weight 178.2 (12.4)
neck 15.5 (.5)
chest 39 (3)
navel 37 (5)
l. bicep 14 (1.5)
r. bicep 14 (1.5)
hip bones 36 (2)
butt 38 (3)
r. thigh 21 (1)
l. thight 21 (1)
l. calf 15 (.5)
r. calf 15 (.5)

total inches lost 18.5!

will post pics later. I am really pleased, and know that I will continue to drop fat and inches during and post transition.

congratz man! Good job and well done! Hope to have similar results! Thx for posting!
-Naga-