Biotest

Started the V-Diet

Today was day one of the V-diet.  It was more challenging than I expected.  I decided to take it on because I was constantly making poor choices and eating on strange schedules. This seems like a great way to get a regimented diet and exercise plan and start forming better habits and a healthy lifestyle.  

I plan on posting some photos and measurements and thought this would be a great spot to get some support. One of my neighbors felt like she needed to make some changes as well and is doing the diet with me, so I do have additional outside support. But, I found this forum to be encouraging!

The main things I struggled with today - feeling sick to my stomach, slight headache which did finally subside, and I had a really hard time drinking the number of shakes I calculated that I needed in a day.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to get through these first couple of days (I think after 3 or 4 days I should adjust)?

My goals:
I am currently 5’8" and weigh 150 lbs. My weight goal is 138 - 130, but ultimately the scale really doesn’t matter. The visual results and healthy habits are more important to me than the number.

I would like to strengthen and firm the muscle that I do have and trim down in inches in my waist, thighs, and arms.
Also, I can’t remember the last time I did a pull up - I would love to be able to accomplish that by the end of all this!

Thanks for the support in advance! I know I’m strong willed enough to do this, I just want to stay positive!

This was one of the main reasons I did the diet and it worked like a charm. Just be sure to stick with your plan and stay positive.

Good luck!

Thanks! Today was day two and it seemed to go a little easier so far… no headaches and I only had an upset stomach in the morning. I didn’t have as many cravings either!

Good luck! I will be following your thread as my Husband and I are starting this on Monday, the package came in the mail so no backing out now. We are close to the same height and weight so I am curious as to how I will do! Like I said good luck!

I’m having a really really rough time… I can barely choke down 3 shakes a day… I’m not sure why it is, but I’ve been really miserable. I’ve dropped 4 pounds in the last 3 days and have followed the fitness side of things to a T. However, EVERY time I put a shake up to my mouth I start gagging and heaving. It feels like I’m lactose intolerant. I can’t figure out if my diet was really just that horrible before, or if my body can’t digest this type of protein.

I’ve always favored fruits and veggies over meat and dairy. I don’t have a problem eating meat, but the only dairy I consume is probably a tablespoon of shredded cheese on a salad. I despise the taste of milk and try to replace it with items high in calcium…

I just can’t figure out what the deal is. I calculated it out and I’m only consuming about 700 to 800 calories a day so far. There is no way I’ll make it 28 days like that… A friend of mine who recommended the V-Diet to me said that if things don’t change by tomorrow night, I should start supplementing meals into my routine and just work a little harder on the fitness.

I’m really determined to achieve my goals… I want to continue the V-Diet because I think it would form some great habits and dietary changes for me. If you are starting it in the next couple of days, could you let me know how you are feeling/reacting to it?

Oh, I would also say it would be easiest to start on a weekend… Good luck to you, thanks for the encouragement. At the moment, I’m needing it!!

Hang in there!!! For me, day 3 was the worst and I wasn’t sure I could continue or even wanted to… but it got easier after that. Weeks 2 & 3 were simple and I just finished day 26.

I never had the headaches, I did continue to drink a cup of black coffee every morning, maybe that helped?

Some people find the HOT-ROX makes them feel sick if they take it on an empty stomach—maybe try taking it after the shake?

As for the shakes: I like mine with lots of ice, well blended so they are “milkshake texture” and cold. I USED to like vanilla Metabolic Drive (when I was mixing it with fruit pre V-Diet), but find I absolutely can’t stand it now–not even mixed with other flavors. Vanilla will make me gag. But I LOVE chocolate. Chocolate-banana, chocolate-orange, chocolate-strawberry… any of those are fine.

You might want to try a different flavor(s) and see if that helps?

Dee

Your first few days will give you some trouble. The important thing is you HAVE to drink every single shake you are required to. Try adding more water, but whatever you do your body needs each and every shake.

Tough it out for a couple days, it will get better.

Good luck and keep us updated.

I’ve mixed it up a bit with the flavors and it still wasn’t helping much… But I’ll try my hardest to get all the shakes in today… My neighbor and I decided to do this together. She told me this morning that she already started supplementing meals. Instead of feeling defeated, it kind of pushed me a little harder to just get through it. Thanks for the advice and support!!!

If nothing improves by week 2, I might have to start taking in a small meal during the day… like have 3-4 shakes and 1 small portion of food. We’ll see. I’ll try to get those photos and measurements posted soon! I’m just excited to start seeing a transformation. I lost another 2 pounds… CRAZY!

[quote]getaclu_u5 wrote:
I’m having a really really rough time… I can barely choke down 3 shakes a day… I’m not sure why it is, but I’ve been really miserable. I’ve dropped 4 pounds in the last 3 days and have followed the fitness side of things to a T. However, EVERY time I put a shake up to my mouth I start gagging and heaving. It feels like I’m lactose intolerant. I can’t figure out if my diet was really just that horrible before, or if my body can’t digest this type of protein.

I’ve always favored fruits and veggies over meat and dairy. I don’t have a problem eating meat, but the only dairy I consume is probably a tablespoon of shredded cheese on a salad. I despise the taste of milk and try to replace it with items high in calcium…

I just can’t figure out what the deal is. I calculated it out and I’m only consuming about 700 to 800 calories a day so far. There is no way I’ll make it 28 days like that… A friend of mine who recommended the V-Diet to me said that if things don’t change by tomorrow night, I should start supplementing meals into my routine and just work a little harder on the fitness.

I’m really determined to achieve my goals… I want to continue the V-Diet because I think it would form some great habits and dietary changes for me. If you are starting it in the next couple of days, could you let me know how you are feeling/reacting to it?

Oh, I would also say it would be easiest to start on a weekend… Good luck to you, thanks for the encouragement. At the moment, I’m needing it!![/quote]

Yeah we cant start it this weekend, we are going to New Orleans for the Jazz Fest, but first thing Monday I will let you know. I drink now 2-3 shakes a day and they don’t bother me, you could be lactose intolerant, I hope not though, I think this diet could be like you said and excellant way to change habits.

How cold are you drinking them?

I’ve found that if you drink them really cold its a lot easier.

I’m on Day 11 right now so I can tell you for certain it gets easier.

pretty cold! If I take them down too fast I’ll get the whole “brain freeze” going on… I am going to try making them more of the milkshake consistency tonight with my blender, but I don’t have a place that I can do that at work. Today was better - I wouldn’t say it was easy. I couldn’t stomach the last shake last night with the flaxseed/peanut butter so I started today with that one to see if that would help. It went down better, that’s for sure. I did do the lunch shake and the mid-afternoon shake and that was the one that hit me. It just didn’t want to stay down.

I’ve got the dinner one to put down yet and the Surge for lifting and the night shake. This is where it gets hard… It is so hard for me to consume that much.

My diet before was relatively healthy during the day. It just wasn’t a healthy schedule. I seldom ate breakfast - maybe once a week. I would have a salad for lunch and if I was hungry I’d ruin the day with a take-out option. I’ll admit it - I need cooking lessons! I am horrible at cooking. I’ll start with a nice lean cut of meat start cooking it and by the time its ‘done’ its practically a charred rock. So I would probably only consume 1500 calories on average a day… but I didn’t eat often or regularly. I’d eat when I was hungry only. Sometimes that would be 3 times a day or only 1 time in 2 days. I know you are all cringing… but hey. It was a busy college student habit that unfortunately stuck.

Where was I going with all of this? well… By the time I choke down 2-1/2 shakes I’m full for the day!

Anyway, its good to know that it will get easier. I’m sick of feeling like death… As promised, photos and measurements will be posted tonight!

[quote]JoeGood wrote:
How cold are you drinking them?

I’ve found that if you drink them really cold its a lot easier.

I’m on Day 11 right now so I can tell you for certain it gets easier.[/quote]

What a relief! My solid meal for the week is tomorrow night - so hopefully that will pull me through.

alright, kids… I’m not super proud, but visit my profile for the pics and measurements. They are going up right now… I can’t wait to improve. I have a lot of it to do!

Getaclu_u5-

Ok girl, let me see if I can help encourage you a little bit. I’m a V-Diet alum and made some noticeable progress for sure. The first thing you have to realize when starting this program is, IT’S GOING TO BE A CHALLENGE. There is no way you can undertake a regiment like this without there being an adjustment period. The first week is rough because you’re shocking your body by not giving it solid food. So you have to get used to a new texutre and taste for your nourishment. I remember the first week was tough for me because the shakes were so sweet but that normalized and I got to where I really love them.

You are blending the milled flax seed in with your shake right? I know the texture of the flax seed messed with me a little but if you blend it in a super cold shake, it’s not a big deal.

Just know that the first week or two is going to be a period that you’ll have to push through. This is where your mental toughness is put to the test. Are you mentally weak or strong? You’ll find out during this time. I don’t suggest contemplating adding a solid meal each day “if it gets too hard.” If you allow that option to creep into your mind then I guarantee you that you’ll rationalize a reason to go there.

This is a tough diet but you get incredible results in the amount of time that you’re doing it. Don’t short change yourself by not doing it 100%. Just think, it’s tough withholding solid food from yourself right? But if you’re going to do it then you definitely want to get the biggest bang for your effort. I promise you that if you get off track from the way this diet was designed that you will not get the optimum results for your efforts.

You’re a beautiful girl. You have a beautiful face. If you stick to this diet plan to the “T” then you will get the hot body to go along with that beautiful face you have. Look towards the end result when you hit tough times on the plan. Ask yourself, “Is vearing off course worth not achieving my goals at this point.”

You can do this. 4 week is not really that long for the results you will achieve. You will build an incredible amount of mental toughness by doing this plan as well. Be stubborn. Be determined to achieve what it is that you want to achieve.

If you need any enouragement or just want to bounce some ideas off someone just let me know.

You CAN do this!

Today was SO MUCH EASIER… Day 5.

I didn’t feel queazy today. I did have a few moments where I felt weak, but that is from lack of sleep (another habit I need to change).

I felt like I made it over the hump. Anything was better than days 2-4, that’s for sure. I have to say that I usually am a stubborn/determined individual and that I was undergoing doubt in myself because of how my body was reacting. But, I know I can do this and I am feeling so much more positive about all of it!

Seeing as how I made it through the rough stuff, I decided to reward myself with the first meal (that and it puts me on a good schedule for upcoming events where meals were accounted for… weddings and such). I made it through 3oz. of an 8oz. filet and had a very small salad and steamed broccoli to go with it. I’m already feeling like my tastes are changing! I know I still have a ton to do, but I walked through the cafe at work and things like breakfast pastries and deep fried foods just seemed repulsive.

Overall, I’m proud of myself for going this far and I am looking forward to what is still to come!

HogLover ~ thanks for your uplifting words and advice… It was the right thing for me to read this morning and helped me take on the day with a more positive outlook.

days 6/7 ~ Went great!

Today is day 7 and this is kicking @ss. I will say I feel shorted on energy, but overall I feel a lot better. My clothes are all fitting looser and I’m dropping the poundage. I know I have lost inches but I’m not sure how many yet. I don’t want to measure for another week (then when I do it will be like christmas and push me through the last two weeks!!).

So, no more heaving or gagging. I’m feeling very encouraged!!!

I am glad you got through it! I started today and will see how it goes. Continued good luck to ya!

[quote]NCJess wrote:
I am glad you got through it! I started today and will see how it goes. Continued good luck to ya![/quote]

Keep me posted on it… if you need some support I’m here! Those first few days are rough but I’m coming to learn that it is completely worth while. I’m glad I made it through.

Good luck to you, as well. Stick with it!

[quote]getaclu_u5 wrote:

So, no more heaving or gagging. I’m feeling very encouraged!!![/quote]

Wait until the third or fourth week, because I noticed that after I had my HSM I was actually craving a shake. Crazy.

This diet does some weirrdddd stuff to you. Glad everything is going well.

-dizzle

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
Wait until the third or fourth week, because I noticed that after I had my HSM I was actually craving a shake. Crazy.
This diet does some weirrdddd stuff to you. Glad everything is going well.
-dizzle[/quote]

I can’t even imagine getting to that point. I can’t say that they are making me sick anymore, but I can’t say I’m thoroughly enjoying them either. They aren’t a satisfying taste to me. I can’t wait to get to the transition phase to see what will happen… right now I’m fine watching other people eat or sitting with co-workers at lunch and just having my shake. But when I get hungry I would much rather have food first. Towards the end of this I hope to have more control over all of that. As I said before, I can tell that there is a change in my mentatlity of food selection already. I see someone eating fried foods and I basically have to hide my ‘yuck’ face. I see someone digging into a salad and my stomach starts talking. Its crazy!!

Just a general update for everyone - I’m still going strong. Today is day 9. I feel a bit of a cold coming on so I’m trying to drink more water and took some zinc to try and shake it. I’m down to 143 lbs. and only have 5 lbs. left to loose to make it to my goal. I’d say I’m doing pretty good. I’m proud of myself so far. Tonight is a lifting night and I’m really enjoying lifting…its addicting!! If the only thing I get out of this is just the fitness habits - I’d be thrilled.

Alright. Time to get back to work… and almost time for my choc-strawberry shake. Cheers!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.