Biotest

Started My V-Diet

I’ve been thinking about trying the V-Diet for a while but wasn’t quite to the point of serious until now. I’m working in Alaska and with my crazy travelling schedule all summer I gained some weight due to “field food,” and not being able to work out on a regular schedule. I’ve gained quite a bit of muscle over the past 6 months, but I would like them to show! My goal is to trim down and change my eating habits and tastes, so here goes!!

Today was Day 2. I’ve learned that I’m not ready for 2 HOT-ROX first thing in the morning yet since it made me barf up my breakfast shake and I had to do that one all over- not my idea of fun. I’m doing better on the daytime shakes since they’re strawberry with nothing added. The breakfast and dinner not so much because the Superfood tastes like xxxx. Bedtime shake is actually pretty yummy with chocolate and the nut butter. Wasn’t able to keep the Surge down after my workout yesterday- gonna try half with the same amount of water tomorrow. All in all I’m feeling good about the program. Yesterday’s workout was frickin awesome and I can’t wait for tomorrow!

I’ll be keeping special attention to this one. You should post all your measurements too btw.

Measurements:

Height: 5’3"
Weight: 129.3
Neck: 13
Shoulders: 40 3/4"
Bust: 35"
Waist at naval: 28 1/2"
Waist at largest: 32"
Hips at largest: 38"
Upper arm: 11"
Lower leg: 13"
Upper leg: 20"
Ankle: 8"

Good luck!

Thank you! I’m thinking it’s going to be a long 28 days- but I’m stickin with it.

Well, I haven’t accomplished anything yet, so I’m not really one to give much advice… But I can tell you that I’m trying to get through one day at a time. It seems easier to think of it that way than as 28 (or 42) days.

[quote]eeerie1 wrote:
Well, I haven’t accomplished anything yet, so I’m not really one to give much advice… But I can tell you that I’m trying to get through one day at a time. It seems easier to think of it that way than as 28 (or 42) days.[/quote]

That is very true. One day at a time. It’s not that I even miss food- I just detest the shakes and Surge! HSM day will be the saving grace. How far in are you?

This is day three, so I think we’re at the same point. I don’t really miss food that much until I smell it… my lab-mate was eating pizza yesterday, and I thought I would die! I don’t really hate the shakes so much… yet. The worst part so far has been the nausea, but I think that’s from the HOT-ROX… I suspect my body will adapt (hopefully soon!).

Which flavor Surge did you get? I don’t find the chocolate so bad.

Yep day three for me too… I’ve hated the shakes from day one so I’m hoping it will get better! I hear ya on smelling food- had to sit through an office lunch at Lone Star and not be able to eat- rough but made it. I do the chocolate with the nut butter at night which is definitely do-able. Vanilla for breakfast and dinner with all the added stuff- yuck. Strawberry by itself or with vanilla is definitely the best. I’m feelin the nauseau too- the HOT-ROX is kinda tough but I think we’ll adjust soon.

Day 3 here. Shakes do not bother me much.

I could do without the flaxseed though… eeeck.

Good luck to you, we are on the same schedule here!

If you think MD tastes bad, try some crap off the shelf from GNC.

Yea the flaxseed ain’t so great. And I definitely wouldn’t try anything off the shelf knowing I can barely handle MD and it’s the best around.

So today was Day 3. Definitely felt the effects of carb withdrawal today and felt like crap this morning. But on a better note- No barfing! Woohoo! Getting my shake-drinking time down less and less, but still not liking them any more. The workout was awesome again. Tried the same amount of water with only half the Surge which certainly helped, so hopefully I can work my way up to what it is supposed to be. But half is better than none. Following everything else- man am I FULL! Still chuggin along…

I find myself full too… always have to force myself to drink the last shake of the day… Anyway, keep up the good work!

You are always full because you are ingesting more protein than you are used to. It takes longer to digest than the carbs that people normally shovel in so it sits in your stomach longer. Especially the casein protein in the MD which has a significantly longer digestive time than whey alone.

Day 5 here… finished morning shake much more quickly than usual. I think just shaking is better than blending go figure. Yesterday went well- played hookey from work but kept up with my shakes and all. Had to do NEPA separately which was different since normally I get over an hour just walking to and from work. Made it through the Alaska Federation of Natives annual conference without eating any fry bread or cheeseburgers or nachos! And walking around downtown with row after row of delicious smelling restaurants with only a shake to look forward to isn’t the best idea but Hey! no cheating for me! Goal for today is to force down the full amount of Surge :confused:

Day 6 and HSM DAY!!! Friday workout was awesome yet again. I think Monday is my favorite though. Very happy that I got all of my Surge in yesterday and didn’t take an eternity to do it. Had to double the water but oh well it went down and actually wasn’t all that bad. Excited for some solid food today. My girlfriends and I are going to try a restaurant that’s supposed to be really good and I checked and they have stuff I can eat. I never knew how hard it could be to find a restaurant with a sweet potato around here! Can’t wait!

Awesome! I hope you enjoy your HSM… I’m definitely looking forward to mine today!

By the way, the chocolate Surge is not bad at all. It’s very sweet, but I like it better than any of the other shakes.

[quote]eeerie1 wrote:
Awesome! I hope you enjoy your HSM… I’m definitely looking forward to mine today!

By the way, the chocolate Surge is not bad at all. It’s very sweet, but I like it better than any of the other shakes.[/quote]

Good to know- maybe I should have gotten that instead of Original. Happy HSM Day!

HSM yesterday was yummy. Spinach salad with walnuts and cranberries and walnut raspberry vinigarette. Filet mignon with steamed vegetables. Couldn’t substitute anything for the potatoes so I had them just leave them off. Back to shakes now. woohoo. Vchallenge today which should be fun.

How did the Challenge go? It was brutal for me!

Your HSM sounded awesome!