Biotest

Started February 22nd

My supplements should all be here by Friday, but I’m holding off starting until the 22nd because I have been taking this week (and next) to find all the proper weights I should use for Waterbury’s workouts.

I’m not familiar with some of the Advanced lifts (sadly), and after researching how to do many of them through youtube videos and such, I came to the conclusion that I should stick to the Intermediate program.

Here’s my first dilema: I’ve done the first two Intermediate workouts this week exactly as prescribed, and they were too easy. I love the “go go go” attitude they take, but I finished easily.

Chris, what can I do to get a mix of the Intermediate and Advanced workouts? I suppose I could up the reps for each set, but I don’t want to screw with a finely tuned machine.

To be totally clear, I timed every break exactly and kept good pace and form in each lift. Granted, I am going to up the weight I’m using a bit, but I think I was pretty close to where I should be while still maintaining proper form. Any suggestions?

Before & Afters: V-Diet
300's V-Diet Log
Ask Chris

A BRIEF BIO…FOR THOSE INTERESTED

I’ve been overweight my whole life. Athletic, but out of shape. I’ve always wished that my body would ‘magically transfrom’ one day (oddly enough, that never happened). I first started lifting weights in college, but had a shitty diet.

So I got pretty strong after lifting for a year and a half using my friend’s college football weight lifting routine. I was also covered in fat so…who cares, my body still sucked. The last year of college I stopped lifting and my diet was as bad as ever…not a good combination. I reached a low (or should I say high?) at the end of that year: 265 lbs. and around 35% BF.

I moved out to California after graduating and eating my way through one last summer. I got out there in November of 2007 and decided to change my life. I kept a food journal for the first three months (ate very well-think ketogenic), and worked out religiously 6 days a week (plus cardio).

I lost 60 pounds in 6 months, but still didn’t like what I saw. I was exhausted mentally. For the next six months, I still ate really well, introduced carbs back into my diet (good ones only for the most part), worked out (but not as hard), and maintained a weight of 205.

From November of 2008, I have been more careful with what I eat, and switched my workout routine (this was ridiculously hard for me). I had become so tied down to “my lifts” and my “routine” that I couldn’t bear to give them up. But I did. Well, some of them anyway. I introduced more full body stuff and have lost another agonizingly slow 5 pounds.

I’m now 200 lbs and around 15% BF. I want abs. I want to lose my last bit of gut and love handles. I want to be 180 pounds and 10% BF or under by March 21st. Enter Velocity Diet. I’ve been reading about it for the past 8 months (Gus, you’re a rockstar…as are many others). I want in. I will be 180 on March 21st.

[quote]jstirto wrote:
My supplements should all be here by Friday, but I’m holding off starting until the 22nd because I have been taking this week (and next) to find all the proper weights I should use for Waterbury’s workouts.

I’m not familiar with some of the Advanced lifts (sadly), and after researching how to do many of them through youtube videos and such, I came to the conclusion that I should stick to the Intermediate program.

Here’s my first dilema: I’ve done the first two Intermediate workouts this week exactly as prescribed, and they were too easy. I love the “go go go” attitude they take, but I finished easily.

Chris, what can I do to get a mix of the Intermediate and Advanced workouts? I suppose I could up the reps for each set, but I don’t want to screw with a finely tuned machine.

To be totally clear, I timed every break exactly and kept good pace and form in each lift. Granted, I am going to up the weight I’m using a bit, but I think I was pretty close to where I should be while still maintaining proper form. Any suggestions?[/quote]

Remember that the workouts progress each time. So by the end, they may not seem so easy. Also, you’ll be on the V-Diet doing the workouts, so they may seem easier now but wait until you drop calories and carbs.

Point taken. I’ll wait until I’m finished with the first week or two of the diet before I beg for something harder. Thanks

Wow! I’m so excited. 3.0 came out just in time. Great job to everyone who worked on it.

I won’t be using Superfood, Leucine, or HOT-ROX on my diet. I tried HOT-ROX before, and they don’t do anything for me. Neither does coffee, tea, energy drinks, or caffeine pills for that matter.

February 21st	

Height 6’1"
(6’0.5" actually, I’ve been lying to myself for a long time about this…call it wishful thinking)
Weight 200.8 lbs. @ 14.5%BF
Around the largest part of
your belly /love-handle area 38.25"
Waist (just above hips) 33.0"
Chest: Across nipple line 40.5"
Shoulders 49.0"
Neck 15.75"
Upper arm* 14.0"/14.0"
Upper leg (thigh)* 25.5"/25.5"
Lower leg (calf)* 15.75"/15.75"
Ankle* 10.0"/10.0"

*Left/Right
**All measurements taken in the same relaxed state as the pictures.
***BF% measured with medical grade Tanita BC-418 BCA

Front/Back
2/21/09

Sides
2/21/09

DAY 1

7:45am - shake + multivitamin
11:00am - shake + 2T Flax
4:30pm - shake + 3 Flameout
6:30pm - NEPA walk (2 miles)
7:30pm - shake + 2T Flax + 2T Peanut Butter
8:30pm - 3 Flameout + 4 Fiber Choice

*No hunger issues

**5L H2O

Good luck man! You should have great success!

Thanks man. This is happening. No doubt about that.

[quote]jstirto wrote:
Wow! I’m so excited. 3.0 came out just in time. Great job to everyone who worked on it.

I won’t be using Superfood, Leucine, or HOT-ROX on my diet. I tried HOT-ROX before, and they don’t do anything for me. Neither does coffee, tea, energy drinks, caffeine pills for that matter.
[/quote]

I wanted to wish you the best on your diet goals. On another note, I read in another thread there is some confusion with the suppliments for ver 3. What I read was the suppliments you listed above are still part of the diet but that they are just not listed in the daily “menu”, and as a result people are confusing this with them not being part of the diet when in fact they are still a big part of the diet. You might want to check this out. I printed Ver 3 but haven’t had a chance to read it entirely myself yet.

I look forward to reading about your progress.

DAY 2

6:30am - Workout #1
7:00am - Surge Recovery + NEPA walk (30min)
10:00am - Shake
1:30pm - Shake
4:30pm - Shake
7:00pm - Shake + 3 F.O. + 4T Flax
9:00pm - multivitamin + 3 F.O. + 4 F.C. + 2T PB

*No hunger issues

**6L H2O

Workout #1

Front Squat (225#)
5x4x4x4x3

Chin-up (BW)
7x5x4x2x2

Barbell Bench Press* (225#)
5x5x5x3x2

Ab-Wheel Rollout
7x7x6

*Dumbbells only go up to 75# in my gym, so they’re too light for this day.

DAY 3

8:00am - shake + 2T Flax + multivitamin + 2 F.O.
12:00pm - shake + 2 F.O.
1:30pm - NEPA walk (30 min)
3:00pm - shake
7:00pm - shake + 2T Flax + 2 F.O.
8:30pm - 4 F.C. + 2T PB

*No hunger issues

**5L H2O

I ordered the HOT-ROX Extreme today.

Good luck, I started on Sunday also.
It’s worth getting Leucine - your body can’t make it and as it comes mainly from nuts and grains, it’s best to supplement on this kind of diet.

DAY 4

6:30am - Workout #2
7:00am - Surge Recovery + NEPA walk (30min)
10:30am - Shake + 2T Flax + 2 F.O.
1:00pm - Shake + 2 F.O.
4:00pm - Shake
7:30pm - Shake + 2 F.O. + 2T Flax + 4 F.C. + 2T PB + multivitamin

*No hunger issues

**6L H2O

Workout #2

Reverse Lunge (50#/each arm)
8x8x8x5x5x6

Bent Over Row-Barbell (100#)
8x8x8x8x8

Push Press-Barbell (100#)
8x8x8x8x8

Barbell Curl (70#)
8x8x8x8x8

Reverse Crunch-Slant Board (45#)
8x8x8x8x8

Holy crap did those lunges knock me out. Wasn’t even sure if I’d finish after those. Same weight with those and reverse crunches next time, up 10 lbs. in the other three lifts for sure. Kept prescribed pace the whole time except after the fifth set of lunges I rested 2 minutes instead of 45 seconds.

P.S. Surge Recovery Original flavor is the worst thing I’ve ever had in my life. So sweet. Can’t believe one can actually taste sweeter than the chocolate that I used Monday…but it does.

Also, I’m getting pretty anxious for the scale and measurements on Saturday. I put my scale away after my initial weigh-in, and am only allowing the weekly measurement. It’s kind of an incentive to be super-strict. I want those numbers to change as much as possible, so I have to be perfect. It’s been good so far, but I’m excited/nervous about my week one results.